Guest Allerna

Luise Rainer

Luise Rainer lives to see another Oscars night! There have now been 76 Academy Awards presentations since she last won (meaning she has had one of the longest losing streaks in history.) :D

https://twitter.com/bowyerfrancesca -I was browsing the internet and uncovered Luise`s daughters Twitter page.It states that she suffered several pneumonia`s and stomach problems last year. It also features some pictures of her looking incredibly frail around the same time.Having said that she recently was pictured going for a morning cappuccino and looked pretty damn good for 104!I think she should definitely stay on next year`s list though due to her age and level of achievement!An interesting bit of the twitter feed is the post from last year that says Luise still has all her own teeth! That must be close to a record surely??

https://twitter.com/bowyerfrancesca -I was browsing the internet and uncovered Luise`s daughters Twitter page.It states that she suffered several pneumonia`s and stomach problems last year. It also features some pictures of her looking incredibly frail around the same time.Having said that she recently was pictured going for a morning cappuccino and looked pretty damn good for 104!I think she should definitely stay on next year`s list though due to her age and level of achievement!An interesting bit of the twitter feed is the post from last year that says Luise still has all her own teeth! That must be close to a record surely??

She's not going anywhere until she's got that official Guinness World Records "I saw all 3 world wars!" badge firmly in her hands.

• Like 2

She's not going anywhere until she's got that official Guinness World Records "I saw all 3 world wars!" badge firmly in her hands.

If you believe the current Pope, she's already seeing it. :(:(:(

Bah, Luise has become a sentimental favourite of mine. I hope she hangs in for another few years yet.

Luise at 104:

BvutbPpCMAAuWcQ.jpg

I would

• Like 4

No, that's so wrong...

Luise at 104:

BvutbPpCMAAuWcQ.jpg

I would

OK Mary, now even the "older girls need love too" won't wash.

Luise at 104:

BvutbPpCMAAuWcQ.jpg

I would

I would love to stick my spoon in her hot creamy drink too .

Luise's daughter has a book out: http://www.francescaknittelbowyer.com/

If the blurb is true, it sounds like our Luise was a bad-tempered old cow back in her day:

“Everything my mother did was laced with drama and salted with difficul­ties,” writes the author. “In my life, she was a tor­nado, a roller-coaster ride, a whirling windstorm. My father, with his strong sense of self, was able to weather my mother’s moods and tirades with silent calm. I grew up buffeted between the stormy sea that was my mother and the safe pasture that was my father.”

"In a story that jet-sets from the villas of Europe to the mansions of Hollywood, Francesca Knittel reveals—with great charm and wit—what it was like to become an independent woman in the shadow of a mother who could never be pleased—or, worse, upstaged. This is a story of passion, of the thin line between love and hate, how our lives are shaped by the those who love us—and those who won’t, and of the importance of loyalty—regardless."

Dead -http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30631088

Aha, double figure hit count.

regards,

Hein

Rainered on her parade!

Oh no! Well, I hope she now gets some recognition. I think it came up in this thread that she really wasn't well-known in Germany.

Oh well, and at least the Deathlist hits the double-digits.

Sad to hear. May she rest in peace. :(

Looks like my final result will be 6 hits and 33 points.

Guest Guęst

It feels fitting that the Deathlist's oldest "member" provides the (presumably) last hit of the year. It was undoubtedly the year of elderly with none of the dead younger than 80 and only one younger than 88 (damn you Casey…).

Oh Luise... :(

I too am sad to see her go:( R.I.P Luise!!

Actress Luise Rainer dead at 104 http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-30631088

Oh. Well as one of my least favourite DL picks ever, I suppose that's one way of .........

Sad to hear. May she rest in peace. :(

Looks like my final result will be 6 hits and 33 points.

Wait. Oh fuck. I'm drawn with you Predictor....... no wait, you win on a tie-break cos of more hits.

Deathray if you have any clean tissues left after you've finished wanking to Rainer's pics, I could use some... :(

or, alternatively....

COME ON CASTRO DIE NOW

DIE NOW

DIE NOW

Gone too soon......

• Like 3

Please update the frontpage, even if it's for 2 days...

Please update the frontpage, even if it's for 2 days...

Chillax man they're gonna do it, they are most likely just busy at work now!

Luise at 104:

BvutbPpCMAAuWcQ.jpg

I would

I would love to stick my spoon in her hot creamy drink too .

Looks like this will end up being the last ever pic of The Latte Luise Rainer

• Like 4