gcreptile

Businesspeople, Investors, CEO's

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Bernard Tapie now has esophageal cancer added to his stomach cancer, but it seems to be that he's currently doing ok:

https://www.femmeactuelle.fr/actu/news-actu/bernard-tapie-double-cancer-y-croit-quand-meme-49742

Based on my limited experience (4 years) of DPing, I think  esophageal cancer doesn't get the credit it deserves.  It may not be 'pancreatic'  but I think it ranks up there with right behind 'liver' as #3 in taking people down rather consistently.  I find this new development rather noteworthy; as you know I poo-poo'd the Tapie noise in this forum, now I shall give it credence, no matter how 'ok' he is.  2019 is absolutely his year, D40 or bust.

SC

50 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Based on my limited experience (4 years) of DPing, I think  esophageal cancer doesn't get the credit it deserves.  It may not be 'pancreatic'  but I think it ranks up there with right behind 'liver' as #3 in taking people down rather consistently.  I find this new development rather noteworthy; as you know I poo-poo'd the Tapie noise in this forum, now I shall give it credence, no matter how 'ok' he is.  2019 is absolutely his year, D40 or bust.

SC

Michael Douglas

Val Kilmer

Rod Stewart

Throat cancer isn’t the death sentence it used to be.

• Angry 1

46 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Michael Douglas

Val Kilmer

Rod Stewart

Throat cancer isn’t the death sentence it used to be.

Yeah, but this is on top of the stomach cancer he was already diagnosed with. And this isn’t the same throat cancer as the three had above. In fact, only Val’s cancer was throat cancer (and he can’t seem to fully recover from it anyways), as Douglas’s cancer was revealed to be in the tongue while Stewart’s was thyroid cancer. Esophageal cancer is a different beast from the other cancers mentioned with only a 15% survival rate, so imo, should be deathlist/drop 40 fodder if he’s still alive in 2019.

EDIT: Actually, thyroid is a throat cancer so apologies for that, but it’s still much different from esophageal cancer...

I associate esophageal cancer more closely with stomach cancer than head-and-neck cancers. Head-and-neck cancers are among the more survivable, with there even being quite a few people going from stage 4 to sustained remission, whereas esophageal survival rates are much worse.

• Like 2

Former CEO of Yahoo Terry Semel has Alzheimer's:

https://theblast.com/terry-semel-alzheimers-conservatorship/

His son is asking for conservatorship because Semel's wife has shipped him to the Motion Picture Television Fund House (you know, with Helen Reddy and the rest). His son describes it as "a retirement / nursing home intended for low income entertainment members".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Noted New Orleans restaurateur Ella Brennan, a winner of the James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award, has died.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/31/us/louisiana-new-orleans-ella-brennan-obit/index.html

My friend who also DPs told me about this at dinner last night—in New Orleans!  Sad to hear.

SC

On 15/06/2014 at 15:54, gcreptile said:

Charles and David Koch, 78 and 74, 6th richest people alive, CEOs of Koch Industries, have massively funded conservative politicians in favor of fossil fuels.

David Koch is stepping down from the Koch business/political network due to deteriorating health.

Even though there's countless others like him doing the same thing, good riddance nevertheless.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Death Impends said:

David Koch is stepping down from the Koch business/political network due to deteriorating health.

Even though there's countless others like him doing the same thing, good riddance nevertheless.

From now on, an irresistible pick for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Hazem Abdelqader, the Sudanese Central Bank governor, has died while on a visit inTurkey.  He was 57 or 58.

https://www.reuters.com/article/sudan-cenbank-governor/sudan-central-bank-governor-dies-of-heart-attack-family-idUSL8N1TI0F2

You are Sir Creep under a fake account, right?

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

39 minutes ago, drol said:

I am not at liberty to say (but you wouldn't want to make Sir Creep mad).

4 hours ago, drol said:

You do amuse me so, young drol.  Now dance for me.