Davey Jones' Locker

Vignerons

Really sad.  I must say that I think his obit chances are 50/50 at best, but we shall see.  

Now we wait on a QO

Not a wine guy, but this doesn't really fit anywhere else

Tenzin Samdo, winner of Boston Magazine's Best Bartender of 2018, has passed from liver cancer

Another Cup player bites the dust for me prematurely.

5 hours ago, Banana said:

Not a wine guy, but this doesn't really fit anywhere else

Tenzin Samdo, winner of Boston Magazine's Best Bartender of 2018, has passed from liver cancer

Another Cup player bites the dust for me prematurely.

Not a celeb.  Too remote.   If he was mayor of the town where the magazine was published, you may be onto something.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Not a celeb.  Too remote.   If he was mayor of the town where the magazine was published, you may be onto something.  

I suspect that one wouldn't have passed muster at first glance, no.

For the record, because I'm nice, for borderline cases I am randomly selecting 3 Cup players with nowt on the line in the respective matches* and privately getting their jury decision on a persons vague job (note - not name, that is kept hidden). And if the majority goes "No, this sort of person counts because X, Y and Z" or the opposite then I take that advice. So far in Round 1, I have DQ'd 1 pick outright for being a deathbed marriage, and 2 picks went to Jury: one failed 0-3, and one passed 3-0.

*ie not in this Round or facing them in Round 2. From Round 2 on, no longer in the Cup...

11 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I mean if a historian from some random country is acceptable I don’t understand why an award-winning bartender/mixologist wouldn’t be acceptable. But too each their own. 

I'm not submitting the award-winning piemaker in this round because I'm pretty sure it'd get rejected.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Strikes her off medium list......

I mean if they were a well known pie maker in local spheres

2 minutes ago, Banana said:

I mean if they were a well known pie maker in local spheres

Made the local rag afore diagnosis, but aye, its pushing it a bit.

tbf I was going to go "well let's see given Basset/Fairlie" but yeah if its the NZ women, rather considerably down the pecking order there. Be like if folk picked Nicky Coia of Coia's Cafe* rather than someone actually notable.

*Which would be daft because iirc he died about 3 years ago

13 minutes ago, msc said:

tbf I was going to go "well let's see given Basset/Fairlie" but yeah if its the NZ women, rather considerably down the pecking order there. Be like if folk picked Nicky Coia of Coia's Cafe* rather than someone actually notable.

*Which would be daft because iirc he died about 3 years ago

"Which" Coias' Café did you frequent msc?

Paul's twin?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/tv-host-s-twin-put-on-sex-offenders-register-1-933600

I mean I don’t make the rules, but you could make an argument for him being eligible. 

:lol:

Nah, this guy.

Ran a "famous" cafe few streets away from Parkhead.

22 minutes ago, msc said:

:lol:

Nah, this guy.

Ran a "famous" cafe few streets away from Parkhead.

Lol I know, just yanking yer chain for lolz until kick off v St Johnhun.

Legendary Northern California vintner John Shafer, who was part of a generation that helped elevate sleepy Napa Valley into the international wine powerhouse it is today, has died. He was 94.

Shafer Vineyards announced Monday that its founder died Saturday in Napa. A cause of death was not released.

Shafer was born Oct. 11, 1924, and grew up in Glencoe, Illinois, a small suburb outside Chicago.   Doug Shafer said his dad didn't even drink wine.  "We're Chicago boys," he said. "We're bourbon and beer."

SC

Marcia Waters, formerly in charge of wine for Tesco shelves and then the Rothschilds' personal collection, dead at 59.

On 08/04/2019 at 09:20, gcreptile said:

Another wine maker with cancer, this time Tim Moore from Naples with brain cancer:

https://www.mpnnow.com/news/20190406/outpouring-of-support-for-winemaker-battling-cancer

He died about two months back, yet no one noticed.