maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2015

Fear not, Atuthi Prasad - a unique for Death Impends - has answered the call.

Fucking awesome, thanks. Four days in and the leader is over halfway to a winning total:

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1087

Devon Death Trip - 726

MSC - 364

Estuarian Float - 363

Bloody hell Di could have this wrapped up by the end of January .

Aye, but the last few days have dragged.

Let's get on it people!!

• Like 1

In the words of Whitney Houston - I have nothing, nothing....nothing....

Due to the 20 I picked being a right load of crap!

I didn't choose any low hanging fruit, I went for the big celebrities/personalities with old age on their side.

For me to catch up I would need some Al Queda nut job to round them all up, say after some Saga Awards ceremony, hold them all hostage, in say some Jewish/Kosher supermarket, just outside Paris, and have the French Military do their bit, knowing that PP back in little England, needs some serious Death Race 2015 points, let's clear the whole lot out, then we can go home and have our tea!

Oh well, I will need to be smarter next year and put down my inaugural year to lack of dead pooling experience.

Still good fun tho!

In the words of Whitney Houston - I have nothing, nothing....nothing....

Due to the 20 I picked being a right load of crap!

I didn't choose any low hanging fruit, I went for the big celebrities/personalities with old age on their side.

For me to catch up I would need some Al Queda nut job to round them all up, say after some Saga Awards ceremony, hold them all hostage, in say some Jewish/Kosher supermarket, just outside Paris, and have the French Military do their bit, knowing that PP back in little England, needs some serious Death Race 2015 points, let's clear the whole lot out, then we can go home and have our tea!

Oh well, I will need to be smarter next year and put down my inaugural year to lack of dead pooling experience.

Still good fun tho!

How about a jetful of celebrities crashing into the Hollywood Old Folks home?

• Like 1

I'm religiously checking the posted deaths on other threads - like rugby player Paul Morgan - but I've spotted nowt that'll snag Deathrace points. If I'm wrong could someone point it out and we'll breath a little fire into this cooling race.

The early flurry does usually signify a winner by early March though, instead of... 2019. So on the right tracks.

The early flurry does usually signify a winner by early March though, instead of... 2019. So on the right tracks.

Hell yeah, I'm still fairly confident that one of the big hitters - Gabor, Simon or Graham - will go early in a flurry of cashed in jokers and an explosion of points.

Hell yeah, I'm still fairly confident that one of the big hitters - Gabor, Simon or Graham - will go early in a flurry of cashed in jokers and an explosion of points.

If all three of them went would that take someone over the finish line?

Hell yeah, it'd - possibly - give us the first opportunity to invoke the tiebreak plan where in the event of more than one person hitting the winning score on the same death we award the title to the highest overall scorer.

Hell yeah, it'd - possibly - give us the first opportunity to invoke the tiebreak plan where in the event of more than one person hitting the winning score on the same death we award the title to the highest overall scorer.

Just like the excitement last year then.

Isabel Rosado died on the 13th, as per this brief mention in the New York Daily.

Isabel Rosado died on the 13th, as per this brief mention in the New York Daily.

Cheers

Can't knock back a reputable source like that. FIVE teams now in scoring action:

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1087

Devon Death Trip - 726

MSC - 716

Estuarian Float - 363

Captain Chorizo - 352

Sweet,last year my entire team was centurians and supercenturians and they all seemed deathproof this year I only pick Rosado and Okawa and I already have a hit in the first 2 weeks.

Which team picked Franco Zeffirelli?

I have just done some initial crunching on the numbers and I make 284 Picks.

If everyone had picked uniques that would have been 460.

I will compare to the last two years and report back

This makes a much larger pool than in the past two years as there were 171 picks in 2013 and 189 picks in 2014.

However this may not correlate into a faster game as 2013 was over by March and 2014 dragged into August.

It may make the likelihood of a draw lower though.

Ethel Lang has livened things up a bit:

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1437

Devon Death Trip - 726

MSC - 716

Perfect Passing - 700

Sean of the Dead - 700

Estuarian Float - 363

Captain Chorizo - 352

Bibliogryphon - 350

Deadsox - 350

Maryportfuncity - 350

The Engineer - 350

Toast - 350

• Like 1

So DI needs only two more hits before the 17th March.

I think that will be certainly possible and quite likely.

Hell yeah, though a big death could shake it up.

Gabor and Graham aren't on di's team. Simon is on his team but is joker for seven others.

Gabor and Graham aren't on di's team. Simon is on his team but is joker for seven others.

But di has Martin Crowe and Misao Okawa ..... and loads of people I have never heard of.

But di has Martin Crowe and Misao Okawa ..... and loads of people I have never heard of.

There's LOADS of people I've never heard of on the list this year, but I've not heard of them dying yet.

On another matter, Ruth Rendall - I think - was a sub on one of the teams PM'd to me. But she isn't on the list.

FFS!!

Could've sworn somebody picked Leon Brittan.

Weird. I thought I had picked him, even for this race, he was on my list.

Let's see if I can do this right:

1. Abdelaziz Bouteflika (joker)

2. Ken Adam

3. Giorgio Napolitano

4. Ingvar Kamprad

5. Don King

6. Sir Nicholas Winton

7. Harry Leslie Smith

8. Barbara Walters

9. Zsazsa Gabor

10. Mary Wilson (PMs wife)

11. Robert Blake

12. Kirk Douglas

13. Imelda Marcos

14. Margot Honecker

15. Jorge Zorreguieta

16. Bruce Glover

17. Hans-Dietrich Genscher

18. Nuon Chea

19. Barbara Walters, duplicate, obviously I can't do this right. Replacement: Ilse Aichinger

20. Ornette Coleman

Nah, just double checked there fella, and he isn't in your line up.

Nah, I'm not complaining about errors. I just forgot to include him. I just checked my names three times in a row, because when I saw the news, I was 100% sure I had him somewhere.

The usual weekend check in. I'm seeing nowt I need to add to the scoreboard. But has some former mayor of a west country town died and been reported in his local paper, or owt?

• Like 1