maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2015

Fuck it, I was THIS CLOSE!

Congratulations msc, and thanks to Mary for being the genial host.

Next year.....next year......:D

• Like 1

Thanks all. I owe it to my ability to put forward really old people.

And thanks to MPFC, for running this fine game, and for allowing me to put the annual winnings towards Chest Stroke and Heart Scotland.

Same time in December then!

• Like 6

And thanks to MPFC, for running this fine game, and for allowing me to put the annual winnings towards Chest Stroke and Heart Scotland.

You could have put it towards the Fort William Football Club. They might have been able to buy a striker ;-)

• Like 1

Apologies, was a tad tardy actioning the prize, sorted now:

On behalf of all the volunteers and staff here at Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland, thank you for your gift of £10.00. Your support will help us:

• improve the lives of over 15,000 families across Scotland anxious, frightened or isolated by chest, heart and stroke illness every year.
  • enable those living with chest, heart and stroke illness in Scotland to influence their local NHS and campaign on crucial issues affecting them.
  • continue to invest over £1 million in medical research in all of Scotland’s University Medical Schools, as well as funding innovative clinical research trials.

Together, we are working towards a healthier future in Scotland.

• Like 4

Since a lingering chest complaint, later cured by a skillful pulmonologist, saved me from the draft, I applaud the choice of charity.

Have a cigar.

I will add my congratulation to msc and thanks to Mary for running the competition. I realise it's a dollar short and a day late but Ellen Albertini Dow died on Monday which would have scored me 241 points by my reckoning. My target was to score 2015, even if I wasn't the first to do so. Currently on 835.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/05/entertainment/feat-wedding-singer-rapping-granny-dead/

I will add my congratulation to msc and thanks to Mary for running the competition. I realise it's a dollar short and a day late but Ellen Albertini Dow died on Monday which would have scored me 241 points by my reckoning. My target was to score 2015, even if I wasn't the first to do so. Currently on 835.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/05/entertainment/feat-wedding-singer-rapping-granny-dead/

Aye, well don't let me stop anyone continuing to count their own scores and set their own targets. Somewhat like the stragglers in the London Marathon, anyone that gets there in the end is a winner, or summat.

• Like 1

Aye, well don't let me stop anyone continuing to count their own scores and set their own targets. Somewhat like the stragglers in the London Marathon, anyone that gets there in the end is a winner, or summat.

Channelling your inner Errol Brown - Everyones a winner baby. Except on the DDP where nobody picked him.

• Like 1

@ Mary....If I get to 2015 I will get 2 T-shirts made saying 2015 Deathrace Finisher and send one to you (keeping the other).

Unless Nicholas Winton goes soon I don't really like my chances.

@ Mary....If I get to 2015 I will get 2 T-shirts made saying 2015 Deathrace Finisher and send one to you (keeping the other).

Unless Nicholas Winton goes soon I don't really like my chances.

Ah, man, that'd be sweet

Winton was against fascism in all it's forms, right. Surely the result today will help finish him off!

I hope Winton survives. Now that I've lost this competition with zero points, I want it to stay that way. If I lose, I want to lose really, really badly.

As reported in the "Hooroo Mate" forum, former Victorian premier, Joan Kirner, has died. According to my calculations this is worth 213 deathrace points and brings my total to 1048. I've rounded the bend. @Mary...I might have to send the tailor around to measure you up for your T-shirt after all.

As reported in the "Hooroo Mate" forum, former Victorian premier, Joan Kirner, has died. According to my calculations this is worth 213 deathrace points and brings my total to 1048. I've rounded the bend. @Mary...I might have to send the tailor around to measure you up for your T-shirt after all.

Aye, keep them deaths comin' Haven't kept tabs on my team since we ceased hostilities hereabouts, so - assuming you send me a shirt - I might be wearing it fraudulently, or summat.

I hope Winton survives. Now that I've lost this competition with zero points, I want it to stay that way. If I lose, I want to lose really, really badly.

Eh, so now I have even failed at totally failing, now that Ornette Coleman is dead.

Eh, so now I have even failed at totally failing, now that Ornette Coleman is dead.

Aye, but it's only a game fella. All this beating yourself up....just an idea, like; when they call the next DLCon come along, neck a pint and chill with the rest of us.

• Like 1

Aye, but it's only a game fella. All this beating yourself up....just an idea, like; when they call the next DLCon come along, neck a pint and chill with the rest of us.

Ah, it was just my extremely passive-aggressive way of saying "I called it!"

• Like 1

With the death of Sir Nicholas Winton my deathrace marathon runner has just picked up a strong gust of second wind. 182 points x 2 (my joker) takes my tally to 1412. A couple of quick deaths may see him reach the finish.

With the death of Sir Nicholas Winton my deathrace marathon runner has just picked up a strong gust of second wind. 182 points x 2 (my joker) takes my tally to 1412. A couple of quick deaths may see him reach the finish.

Remind me, are Billy Graham or Zsa Zsa in there, cos those deaths have been lingering for ages.

Remind me, are Billy Graham or Zsa Zsa in there, cos those deaths have been lingering for ages.

No neither of those on this team. The rest of the team are: Crowe, Granger, Adulyadej, Tutu, Bart Cummings, Liz Dawn, Doris Roberts, Gaynes, Schmidt, Molinaro, Brian Henderson (Aus newsreader), Mugabe, Mary Tyler Moore, Liz Smith, Zeffirelli.

I think I'll get at least another 2-3 hits from that lot, but I don't particularly like my chances of getting to the required score though still cheering my little runner home (without wishing ill will to any of the above-except Mugabe of course).

Time for me to emerge from underneath my rock again.

The recent death of Bart Cummings earns me 123 points to bring my tally to 1535. Only 480 points to go with about 120 days left in the year. Some serious carnage necessary to get over the finish line, but my little runner still with a flickering hope of crossing the finish line.

Cummings was also a unique pick for me on DDP (Pity da Foolz) so 8 points there which might see me rocket into the top 100 when it is next updated.

On 24/01/2015 at 17:28, maryportfuncity said:

It's amazing you turned out so well adjusted and reasonable Lardy, respect for that. I wasn't idly speculating on the west country mayor though. There is one such creature in the Deathrace line up, Tim Price is former mayor of Devizes. Still breathing, apparently.

Died, without any news items covering it, in late 2016, according to the GRO.

Edit - Tim Price that is, not Lardy:lol:

• Like 2