maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2015

The usual weekend check in. I'm seeing nowt I need to add to the scoreboard. But has some former mayor of a west country town died and been reported in his local paper, or owt?

As you know, I live in a west cuntry town. One of the former mayors here was also one of our PE teachers. His surname began with B, so inevitably he was called Bummer B**** as he (as do all male PE teachers) had a reputation for (allegedly, law fans) perving on the boys in the communal shower. I once (well, not once, many times, but anyway) smacked a first year smartly over the back of the head whilst in the break-time cheese toastie queue, and Bummer B took me aside, and shouted right in my face, at which I leant back, waved my hand in front of my face and went 'POOOOOOOAAAAWWWW' at his rancid breath. Week's worth of break-time detentions for that, the bastard.

• Like 3

The usual weekend check in. I'm seeing nowt I need to add to the scoreboard. But has some former mayor of a west country town died and been reported in his local paper, or owt?

As you know, I live in a west cuntry town. One of the former mayors here was also one of our PE teachers. His surname began with B, so inevitably he was called Bummer B**** as he (as do all male PE teachers) had a reputation for (allegedly, law fans) perving on the boys in the communal shower. I once (well, not once, many times, but anyway) smacked a first year smartly over the back of the head whilst in the break-time cheese toastie queue, and Bummer B took me aside, and shouted right in my face, at which I leant back, waved my hand in front of my face and went 'POOOOOOOAAAAWWWW' at his rancid breath. Week's worth of break-time detentions for that, the bastard.

It's amazing you turned out so well adjusted and reasonable Lardy, respect for that. I wasn't idly speculating on the west country mayor though. There is one such creature in the Deathrace line up, Tim Price is former mayor of Devizes. Still breathing, apparently.

Well well, I've never heard of him, but having just looked him up, I may well be able to get some insider info on his condition.....I will report back presently.....

All together now .... "There was an ex-mayor of Devizes" .....

• Like 1

I was going to suggest that she didn't forget her carving knife. :lol:

This could be dangerous. I mean, we don't know if he's infectious or owt. Come in Lardy!

Who went out not wearing his trousers ...

This could be dangerous. I mean, we don't know if he's infectious or owt. Come in Lardy!

I am disappointed, nay ASHAMED to report that, in a professional capacity, I can find NOTHING on his condition whatsoever, but that leads me to believe that he's not actually THAT ill at the moment. The last item I can find in the newspaper regarding his trial over alleged sex offences is this

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/county_news/11737130.Apologetic_email_from_former_Devizes_mayor_a__gold_mine__to_alleged_sex_abuse_victim__court_hears/

He doesn't look at death's door to me, he just looks like a fat bastard.

I am disappointed, nay ASHAMED to report that, in a professional capacity, I can find NOTHING on his condition whatsoever, but that leads me to believe that he's not actually THAT ill at the moment. The last item I can find in the newspaper regarding his trial over alleged sex offences is this

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/county_news/11737130.Apologetic_email_from_former_Devizes_mayor_a__gold_mine__to_alleged_sex_abuse_victim__court_hears/

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a Baseball cap!!

For that alone, he deserves locking up forever.

For those who can't be bothered to click through:

3491002.jpg?htype=144&display=1&type=mc2

• Like 1

If they bring this fellas life story to the big screen, well, I reckon this chap would be the one to play him.

rhys%20ifans_zpsasu9mcbo.png

He will need to eat a bit more, wear a baseball cap but you get the idea,right?

I hope this trial is over quickly, so that he can get back to writing the next part of 'A Song Of Ice And Fire'.

• Like 1

Am I missing owt or is the currently compromised health of Robert Schuller and Leslie Philips about as exciting as things have got with our dead pooling sprint in the last few days?

• Like 2

Has the tottering talent on our awesome masterlist been on a ginseng and nettle tea binge, or summat? Another deathless week and - ironically - I was talking to a funeral director friend this morning who was moaning about the veritable roadblock of stiffs currently cramming the crematorium diary.

Did I miss owt, or am I likely to get a call from trading standards questioning my "sprint rather than a marathon" branding?

• Like 1

Has the tottering talent on our awesome masterlist been on a ginseng and nettle tea binge, or summat? Another deathless week and - ironically - I was talking to a funeral director friend this morning who was moaning about the veritable roadblock of stiffs currently cramming the crematorium diary.

Did I miss owt, or am I likely to get a call from trading standards questioning my "sprint rather than a marathon" branding?

We got of the starting grid quickly enough but now it looks like we ploughed straight into the back of service vehicle.

There was a news item the other night that said the current deathrate in the UK is running well above the seasonal average.

Someone has got to go soon surely.

We got of the starting grid quickly enough but now it looks like we ploughed straight into the back of service vehicle.

There was a news item the other night that said the current deathrate in the UK is running well above the seasonal average.

Someone has got to go soon surely.

Well, yeah.

I really liked the look of the masterlist as it took shape and was confident of carnage. Several jokers continue to mock our predictive powers, a scenario Sam Simon might have considered funny at one time.

• Like 1

I think it's logical that there are a couple of quick hits at the very beginning. Those are the cases that are in the news during the last days of the old year. Everyone picks them because they're on everybody's minds, like Little Jimmy Dickens, and King Saud. But when those people in bad health at the end of the year don't die then things are a little quiet for a month. As an example, Michael Schumacher either dies quickly or not at all... for a couple of years.

I think it's logical that there are a couple of quick hits at the very beginning. Those are the cases that are in the news during the last days of the old year. Everyone picks them because they're on everybody's minds, like Little Jimmy Dickens, and King Saud. But when those people in bad health at the end of the year don't die then things are a little quiet for a month. As an example, Michael Schumacher either dies quickly or not at all... for a couple of years.

Aye, but what got my hopes up this year was the variety of - apparently - well chosen local heroes and picks who stayed unique. Hadn't a clue who some of them were but they looked exciting.

Jerry Tarkanien does us all a favour by helping us avoid a full deathless month. Did I miss any other stiff ones over the last few days?

When can I have my points for Pamela Cundell?

Ooh, dunno. I mean, does the Telegraph obit count for our purposes? Bit bloody mainstream for the Deathrace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11418250/Pamela-Cundell-actress-obituary.html

• Like 1

Weird. I thought I had picked him, even for this race, he was on my list.

Ah! I have solved my confusion, I picked him for my DDP team but forgot about it! I even forgot to include him in my signature. Edited now...

Tark the Shark and Cundy Pam (as probably nobody called her) have provided a modicum of interest and ruffled the middle order a little, but turgidity reigns and most of our jokers continue laughing onwards to their next meal and a new day. The Grim Reaper may be taking his own half-term holiday, eh?

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1437

Devon Death Trip - 726

MSC - 716

Perfect Passing - 700

Sean of the Dead - 700

Estuarian Float - 686

Bibliogryphon - 670

Captain Chorizo - 352

Deadsox - 350

Maryportfuncity - 350

The Engineer - 350

Toast - 350

Katayama dead, on the 19th.

Katayama dead, on the 19th.

315 points, puts you second and into four figures, respect!

• Like 1