maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2015

It has just been brought to my attention that I AM A MASSIVE TWAT and have written David HOCKING when I actually meant David HOCKNEY - can this be changed or will I be called a cheat?

• Like 2

It has just been brought to my attention that I AM A MASSIVE TWAT and have written David HOCKING when I actually meant David HOCKNEY - can this be changed or will I be called a cheat?

I made a similar mistake in my DDP theme team...but because themaninblack is a legend, I'm sure he'll fix it. :P

• Like 1

Two of my team died before the 1st January.

The bastards.

I made a similar mistake in my DDP theme team...but because themaninblack is a legend, I'm sure he'll fix it. :P

http://www.davidhocking.org/aboutdavid.html

You entered this guy? Preaching for 50 years, and married since 1962 which makes him at least 70 odd - possibly more. Not too shabby.

• Like 1

Just like Jimmy Savile, he has indeed fixed it for me.....I now throw myself upon the mercy of Maryport!

I passed up putting Alice Monroe down on my Ghoulpool team because at the last moment I was not sure she is spelt Monro. Never the less hope Lardy come out of this mishap with something close to her just deserts. What's that phrase, you can't have your cake and eat it!. How about giving her Hockney and Hocking?

Just like Jimmy Savile, he has indeed fixed it for me.....I now throw myself upon the mercy of Maryport!

Mr Hockney duly resides in the masterlist Lardy...given the tonnage of local hero picks I'd never heard of I assumed he was your doddery next door neighbour with enough local clout to snag a paragraph in the paper when he carked. Hockney is old and a smoker, so you may just get a result here despite his apparant good health at present.

• Like 2

Oh aye, and the late entries punted on Little Jimmy Dickens are now lording it atop the old scoreboard, game well and truly on!!

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 726

Devon Death Trip - 726

MSC - 364

Estuarian Float - 363

Mr Hockney duly resides in the masterlist Lardy...given the tonnage of local hero picks I'd never heard of I assumed he was your doddery next door neighbour with enough local clout to snag a paragraph in the paper when he carked. Hockney is old and a smoker, so you may just get a result here despite his apparant good health at present.

Thank you Mary, much appreciated. To be honest, now I have checked out the actual David HOCKING I was probably better off sticking with him! Time will tell!

This year has got off to a flying start crikey!

Now because I'm late I'll have to choose primarily from the masterlist tonight and I hope that's acceptable. I won't take any uniques because that wouldn't be fair to the other competitors and they wouldn't want that.

Stephen Hawking, Olivia De Havilland, Les Munro, Desmond Tutu, Leonard Nimoy, Gaston Glock, Crown Prince Adullah the Butcher, Clare Hollingsworth, Clive Derby Lewis, Bryan Murray, Jimmy Hill,

Robert Schuller, Isabel Rosado, Caroline Aherne, Joao Havelange, Liz Dawn, Sakari Momoi, Jorge Zorreguita, Zhou Youguang, Ethel Lang

Now because I'm late I'll have to choose primarily from the masterlist tonight and I hope that's acceptable. I won't take any uniques because that wouldn't be fair to the other competitors and they wouldn't want that.

Most amusing.

Aw c'mon!!

We had two dead pooling salad days and the Deathrace roared from the starting grid like Jules Bianchi targetting a rescue truck. Have any local heroes or other low profile masterlist picks quietly carked without my knowledge?

Fear not, Atuthi Prasad - a unique for Death Impends - has answered the call.

Fucking awesome, thanks. Four days in and the leader is over halfway to a winning total:

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1087

Devon Death Trip - 726

MSC - 364

Estuarian Float - 363

At the rate things are going (plus DDT has two people who are nailed on to go before the month is up - I must confess I feel rather embarrassed to have forgotten all about Frank vee dee bee since I saw the story but assumed he'd be worm chow well before the new year) this could be one of the quickest Deathraces ever. Will end before August at the very least.

At the rate things are going (plus DDT has two people who are nailed on to go before the month is up - I must confess I feel rather embarrassed to have forgotten all about Frank vee dee bee since I saw the story but assumed he'd be worm chow well before the new year) this could be one of the quickest Deathraces ever. Will end before August at the very least.

Aye, well, that's the general idea in this veritable knee trembler amongst dead pools.

On the masterlist - just to point out that Jeremy Hutchinson and Baron Hutchinson of Lullington are one and the same person.

On the masterlist - just to point out that Jeremy Hutchinson and Baron Hutchinson of Lullington are one and the same person.

Cheers, they came so thick and fast I wondered if I'd end up doing that with a few picks. Though once they die everyone with a vested interest soon spots the problem. I'll sort this one.

Dutch court today refused Frank Van Den Bleeken (DDT unique pick hereabouts) the right to be lethally injected (planned for 11 Jan).

So, will he just end it himself, or will those points remain unclaimed?

Dutch court today refused Frank Van Den Bleeken (DDT unique pick hereabouts) the right to be lethally injected (planned for 11 Jan).

The details are mixed a bit mixed up (all Belgium, no Dutch involved, no court involved, doctor pulled out, moved to a psychiatric ward), but yes, the euthanasia is off, from what I learn from Belgian media.

regards,

Hein

The details are mixed a bit mixed up (all Belgium, no Dutch involved, no court involved, doctor pulled out, moved to a psychiatric ward), but yes, the euthanasia is off, from what I learn from Belgian media.

regards,

Hein

Hell yeah, sorry, I meant Belgium, got the other bits wrong too; it's hard to take notes when you're driving through town in the dark. But either way, those 354 nailed on points may be harder to come by now.

Fucking awesome, thanks. Four days in and the leader is over halfway to a winning total:

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1087

Devon Death Trip - 726

MSC - 364

Estuarian Float - 363

Are we still where we were on Monday or does some snippeted obit lurk online that'll shake it up a tad? Can't find one myself, like.

Scoreboard:

Death Impends - 1087

Devon Death Trip - 726

MSC - 364

Estuarian Float - 363

Bloody hell Di could have this wrapped up by the end of January .

• Like 1