Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

Mexican singer/songrwriter Joan Sebastian is currently hospitalized and undergoing cancer treatment, but not yet in critical condition, according to his son:

http://www.latintimes.com/joan-sebastian-hospitalized-julian-figueroa-son-confirms-singer-undergoing-cancer-308202

Also, happy birthday!

if he has cancer will his death get orbit in the UK media

I'm not sure, he has won multiple Grammy's and Latin Grammy's though

Guest awesome guest

Ghost hunter Lorraine warren is approaching 90 and rumoured to be in bad health

Guest awesome guest

We should also start thinking about Keith Richard with all the drug abuse he did, I'd be amazed if he lived past the life expectancy

We should also start thinking about Keith Richard with all the drug abuse he did, I'd be amazed if he lived past the life expectancy

end-it-will-be-him-and-cockroaches__big_

• Like 2

end-it-will-be-him-and-cockroaches__big_

Right on time, Keith Richards says he wants the Rolling Stones to make a new album:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/10/keith-richards-wants-to-make-a-new-rolling-stones-album

And his new solo album is finished now as well.

I'm sure Keith Richards actually died about 20 years, i mean the man looks like a human corpse. Seriously how that man is still with us is a mystery,the amount of drugs and booze he has had probably is enough to kill 10 men.

Guest awesome guest

I'm sure Keith Richards actually died about 20 years, i mean the man looks like a human corpse. Seriously how that man is still with us is a mystery,the amount of drugs and booze he has had probably is enough to kill 10 men.
And this man is approaching old age

What about Jean-Marie le Pen and her daughter Marine? (Family problems)

(FN party, far right party jn France)

Guest Guest

Damo Suzuki, the Japanese singer with 1970s German band Can, is ill, from a blogpost back in January, showing him in hospital recovering from an operation:

http://www.damosuzuki.com/wish-you-an-a-fantastic-2015/

Let's hope he makes a full recovery. But one to watch, nonetheless. UK obituary would be guaranteed. Very influential musician and something of a legend.

Damo Suzuki, the Japanese singer with 1970s German band Can, is ill, from a blogpost back in January, showing him in hospital recovering from an operation:

Let's hope he makes a full recovery. But one to watch, nonetheless. UK obituary would be guaranteed. Very influential musician and something of a legend.

He'll be alright, just needs more Vitamin C...

• Like 2

Guest Guest

What about Jean-Marie le Pen and her daughter Marine? (Family problems)

(FN party, far right party jn France)

Jean-Marie le Pen would be a good pick. I would have him on the 2016 list if I was making it

1. Stop it. He's just some cat did music some of us old timers are aware of. Can never influenced anyone and calling him a legend is to stretch that term to it's limits. I suppose You said the same of Gong and Daevid Allen (lmao)?

2. "No worries hard period is gone, I’m getting everyday better,

So, I had to cancel scheduled shows. I don’t know when I’m able to back on the road again where I feel most comfortable.

I might don’t see you for long time. But, I’ll back. Wish you every good thing come and happen and make you happy in year 2015!"

-----

What kind of Google Translate disaster was THAT?! I'd put little stock in that quote beyond the fact he was three months hospitalized for a surgery of some sort and still needs a computer generator to speak for him. This I'm guessing he's worse off than presumed.

SirC

Interesting. I was actually wondering about him after Tangerine Dream mastermind Edgar Froese died. The Anglo-American music press loves Krautrock, more than Germans themselves loved it. If he died, he'd obit for sure.

@ Sir Creep:

Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_%28band%29#Influence

Can influenced artists such as Talking Heads, Joy Division, David Bowie and more.

Guest Guest

It's been a bad year so far for progressive rock - having lost the masterminds behind both Tangerine Dream and Gong.

As for you Sir Creep, I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinions.

What about the other members of Can? Holger, Irmin and Jaki? They're all in their late 70s now. They can't last forever. I wouldn't say any of them would be strong candidates for 2016 but worth watching nonetheless.

If we're thinking about old musicians, what about the 80-year-old Leonard Cohen? Has he ever been considered for the list?

Guest awesome guest

It's been a bad year so far for progressive rock - having lost the masterminds behind both Tangerine Dream and Gong.

What about the other members of Can? Holger, Irmin and Jaki? They're all in their late 70s now. They can't last forever. I wouldn't say any of them would be strong candidates for 2016 but worth watching nonetheless.

If we're thinking about old musicians, what about the 80-year-old Leonard Cohen? Has he ever been considered for the list?

my dad was recently at a Leonard Cohen concert and he seemed good for his age and had a lot of energy from the clips he showed me

IMHO, people in their 70s (up to 80) are "too young" to be considered good candidates in the absence of any health (or at least, lifestyle) info. Leonard Cohen is still active, and I didn't hear about any life threatening illness either, so I'd wait until we have some cancer rumours or until he turns 90.
  • Like 2

Ron Moody

Michael Gambon

Colin Welland

Freddie Fletcher

War Machine

IMHO, people in their 70s (up to 80) are "too young" to be considered good candidates in the absence of any health (or at least, lifestyle) info. Leonard Cohen is still active, and I didn't hear about any life threatening illness either, so I'd wait until we have some cancer rumours or until he turns 90.

Well-stated, GG, in general. IMO all people regardless of age MUST have a medical reason to be mentioned, as stated herein:

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8444&p=221730

Now don't be an ass--obviously if you want to list people who are 112 go for it but don't heap praises upon yourself for getting one right for anyone over 100 to me. My 4-yr old daughter could compile that "No Shit, Sherlock" list.

SC

The death of Poker Player Dave Ulliott possibly triggered this interview with Norwegian Poker Player Thor Hansen:

http://www.pokerzeit.com/thor-hansen-die-aerzte-kennen-niemanden-der-laenger-mit-krebs-im-endstadium-gelebt-hat-96265

The interview is in german but the headline translates as: "The doctors don't know anybody with terminal stage cancer who lived longer (than me)." The doctors found nine tumours in his body. While the American doctors had already given up on him, he returned to Norway and those doctors apparently managed to treat him, somewhat.

Well-stated, GG, in general. IMO all people regardless of age MUST have a medical reason to be mentioned, as stated herein:

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8444&p=221730

Now don't be an ass--obviously if you want to list people who are 112 go for it but don't heap praises upon yourself for getting one right for anyone over 100 to me. My 4-yr old daughter could compile that "No Shit, Sherlock" list.

SC

You're overlooking those people who, while not reported to be ill, are spotted looking unexpectedly frail.

Well-stated, GG, in general. IMO all people regardless of age MUST have a medical reason to be mentioned, as stated herein:http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8444&p=221730

SC

You're overlooking those people who, while not reported to be ill, are spotted looking unexpectedly frail.

Fair enough. I'm certain I can come up with 20 and maybe 50 (cancer alone) without resorting to these folks. I admit getting terribly annoyed when a death is reported and the culprit had 'long suffered from X disease' yet none of us knew. Maybe in a case like that you could resort to how a person looks; but if they're aloof enough to keep their medical conditions out of the media, how many photos will there be?

SC

Guest awesome guest

Well-stated, GG, in general. IMO all people regardless of age MUST have a medical reason to be mentioned, as stated herein:http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8444&p=221730

SC

Fair enough. I'm certain I can come up with 20 and maybe 50 (cancer alone) without resorting to these folks. I admit getting terribly annoyed when a death is reported and the culprit had 'long suffered from X disease' yet none of us knew. Maybe in a case like that you could resort to how a person looks; but if they're aloof enough to keep their medical conditions out of the media, how many photos will there be?

SC

some celebs keep their battles with cancer a secret like Farrah fawshet,Donna summer and Steve jobs