Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

The Labour Party is now heading towards basically accepting the culture war is happening and trying to build a consensus with the Tories. 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

Source?

Given they very publicly just did the exact opposite.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

The Labour Party is now heading towards basically accepting the culture war is happening and trying to build a consensus with the Tories. 

Crem, this isn’t the case, as I suspect you well know. Shut the fuck up.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

My prediction is Labour win but then become unpopular as not much changes. The German government situation basically. 

57 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

My prediction is Labour win but then become unpopular as not much changes. The German government situation basically. 

I don't wish to bandy rash and offensive accusations, but are you a Daily Mail reader?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Master Obit said:

I don't wish to bandy rash and offensive accusations, but are you a Daily Mail reader?

A Daily Mail reader would be calling Keir Starmer 'Keith Stalin' and ranting about a Labour government as if it'll give out free homes to all asylum seekers and bring in the gulags. He just sounds like your regular internet numpty who probably needs to get out of the house more. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

A Daily Mail reader would be calling Keir Starmer 'Keith Stalin' and ranting about a Labour government as if it'll give out free homes to all asylum seekers and bring in the gulags. He just sounds like your regular internet numpty who probably needs to get out of the house more. 

There's a considerable overlap between the two groups.

8 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

My prediction is you never move out of your parents house. Often that's down to Tory Britain making this a financial impossibility for many, but that won't be the main reason here.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, TQR said:

My prediction is you never move out of your parents house. Often that's down to Tory Britain making this a financial impossibility for many, but that won't be the main reason here.

100% accurate. 

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

100% accurate. 

It'd really do you good to go out, get some fresh air and broaden your horizons. There's a world out there and all you're seeing of it is misinformation from some sad old fucks in either comments sections or your living room, which you regurgitate on here. Don't become twisted.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, TQR said:

It'd really do you good to go out, get some fresh air and broaden your horizons. There's a world out there and all you're seeing of it is misinformation from some sad old fucks in either comments sections or your living room, which you regurgitate on here. Don't become twisted.

Sadly, the pandemic seems to have really screwed up many people, forcing them into isolation with only the internet and dodgy unhinged relatives for company. It's no coincidence that GB News was founded right after lockdown ended. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

100% accurate. 

How old are you?

8 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

How old are you?

47 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Crikey, I thought you was much older.

Seriously, get yourself out more. Explore the world outside the insulated sphere of your seemingly very bizarre relatives.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Shat on by Tories, shovelled up by Labour, as Uncle Monty astutely put it.

12 hours ago, Master Obit said:

Crikey, I thought you was much older.

Seriously, get yourself out more. Explore the world outside the insulated sphere of your seemingly very bizarre relatives.

So did I, but then again, I was born in '93 and still automatically assume that everyone I speak to on the internet is older than I am unless they obviously sound really young. One real eye opener was that thread where everyone talks about the first celebrity death they remember and some of the deaths mentioned are ones I remember like they were only yesterday. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

So did I, but then again, I was born in '93 and still automatically assume that everyone I speak to on the internet is older than I am unless they obviously sound really young. One real eye opener was that thread where everyone talks about the first celebrity death they remember and some of the deaths mentioned are ones I remember like they were only yesterday. 

Yeah, when I joined the forum in my early teens I was the youngest here.

Now I'm older than half the active userbase.

Passage of time is something :smoking-smiley:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Yeah like young Clorox wasn't alive in George Harrison's lifetime. I remember Taggart dying. Willz remembers before Mark McManus was famous. Paul Bearer remembers before he was born.

Time is relative. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Yeah like young Clorox wasn't alive in George Harrison's lifetime. I remember Taggart dying. Willz remembers before Mark McManus was famous. Paul Bearer remembers before he was born.

Tbh, I remember before many many celebs and so-called celebs were famous!

And even so, the ones I remember from my youth are mostly still breathing. My lack of dead pooling success can only be put down to my continuing astonishment that they still take oxygen!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, msc said:

All pales next to LFN, who remembers this hip and upcoming playwright called Aristophanes

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Tbh, I remember before many many celebs and so-called celebs were famous!

And even so, the ones I remember from my youth are mostly still breathing. My lack of dead pooling success can only be put down to my continuing astonishment that they still take oxygen!

I can't lie, I was well and truly deceived by your username. 

I'm old enough to remember when we had proper paper currency, not like this polymer muck we have today.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

I'm old enough to remember when we had proper paper currency, not like this polymer muck we have today.

I remember the dying days of Ceefax and recording movies I saw on TV on my collection of VHS tapes. It astonishes me that we already have people in their early twenties who have no idea what these things are, and people who have no idea about DVDs already in their teens. 

3 hours ago, Death Impends said:

In fairness, I assume everyone here is older because forums like this are so 'old school'. My younger brother in his early twenties is a member of a rail enthusiasts forum where he must be the youngest member by about thirty odd years. Everyone else his age doesn't even seem to know sites like this still exist. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

In fairness, I assume everyone here is older because forums like this are so 'old school'. My younger brother in his early twenties is a member of a rail enthusiasts forum where he must be the youngest member by about thirty odd years. Everyone else his age doesn't even seem to know sites like this still exist. 

My best pal and his now-boyfriend met on an aviation forum when they were both 20. Confirms my theory that the only Gen Z people using forums are gay and/or autistic.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

There’s a thread here where you can explain your username. (Still on the phone for days yet, cba trying to find it).

I have the same name as my dad. So he of course was OldWillz (until his death a few years ago) and I…

I was in the first year to be taught metric. So, older but not wrinkly and crinkly or at the smelly stage yet!!

• Like 2