Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Now they will take us out of the ECHR in a further attack on our rights and reputation.

Not that they'll take heed but the Judges specifically stated it would still be unlawful regardles of being in or out of ECHR

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Not that they'll take heed but the Judges specifically stated it would still be unlawful regardles of being in or out of ECHR

Yes, I've read/listened to an explanation of that now. That's a relief.

Can anyone remember why they decided not to send illegals back to France?  Didn't France offer to process asylum claims on their soil or something like that?  Or am I misremembering?

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes, I've read/listened to an explanation of that now. That's a relief.

Can anyone remember why they decided not to send illegals back to France?  Didn't France offer to process asylum claims on their soil or something like that?  Or am I misremembering?

Speaking of which

• Facepalm 1

Briefly peeked behind the 'Ignore shite curled out by @The Old Crem' filter to see what three posts in succession warranted. As it turns out, the cunt's just browsing through Twitter noisily. Such an unnecessary contribution.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Briefly peeked behind the 'Ignore shite curled out by @The Old Crem' filter to see what three posts in succession warranted. As it turns out, the cunt's just browsing through Twitter noisily. Such an unnecessary contribution.

So rude. 

5 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Who else but 30p Lee of course

Another one I'm looking forward to seeing storming off in a huff on Election night

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Makes you wonder why Ted Heath didn't try that line in response to the Rivers of Blood. "I think what Enoch's comments - and indeed the comments of others - do is reflect the strength of feeling in the country on the issue."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Makes you wonder why Ted Heath didn't try that line in response to the Rivers of Blood. "I think what Enoch's comments - and indeed the comments of others - do is reflect the strength of feeling in the country on the issue."

Half his shadow cabinet would have resigned had he tired that. 

And Powell had ordinary people going on strike in support of him and was popular with around half the country. Suella and her mates like Lee Anderson are not. 

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Is Rishi alright

Seems like the legislation is going to allow for ECHR withdrawal. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

That's not why they've resigned though. It's a simple parliamentary procedure. The party have issued their instructions. They want to defy those instructions. They can do that and remain Labour MPs. They cannot do that and remain Shadow Ministers. I have no problem with something like this being a matter of conscience, give it 6 months and they could well be reinstated. And for some of them, it could actually be the difference between them holding their seats rather than losing them, which would actually work in Keir's favour long-term.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

That's not why they've resigned though. It's a simple parliamentary procedure. The party have issued their instructions. They want to defy those instructions. They can do that and remain Labour MPs. They cannot do that and remain Shadow Ministers. I have no problem with something like this being a matter of conscience, give it 6 months and they could well be reinstated. And for some of them, it could actually be the difference between them holding their seats rather than losing them, which would actually work in Keir's favour long-term.

Relatively unlikely any seats will be lost over this and even if they do they should avoid bowing down to some extremely hardline  people who would be ones challenging them (See Bethnal Green and Bow 2005 and how ugly the successful campaign by George Galloway to beat Oona King was.)

And nobody would have blamed her if she didn’t fancy being a higher target by terrorists after what happened to her sister.

IMG_8489.thumb.jpeg.db56a1ce6bc94bc19b60642e3d1f576f.jpeg

• Like 1