Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Let's start a discussion. What's the boards feelings on this? Ceasefire or no.

I'll start, I am against a ceasefire :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Let's start a discussion. What's the boards feelings on this? Ceasefire or no.

I'll start, I am against a ceasefire :D

A full ceasefire (Baring in mind that is further than humanitarian pause advocated by a much wider group of people.) would be pointless as Hamas are not exactly people that will agree to never attack Israel again, 

• Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I’m glad my MP is on the list. 

On 07/10/2023 at 18:52, The Old Crem said:

Kindly get lost with your sympathy for Palestine. They have committed and supported mass murder today.  I don’t care if they all get killed. Israel needs to make sure those cunts are gone for good. 

You're glad they voted for a ceasefire? I thought you wanted them all dead?

Just now, RoverAndOut said:

You're glad they voted for a ceasefire? I thought you wanted them all dead?

Oops. I meant I’m glad my (Labour) MP is not on the list. 

• Facepalm 3

59 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Oops. I meant I’m glad my (Labour) MP is not on the list. 

“Oops, I meant I want more dead.”

Dunno what you’re getting angry for Crem, it’s your position.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

20 minutes ago, TQR said:

“Oops, I meant I want more dead.”

Dunno what you’re getting angry for Crem, it’s your position.

I find it pretty offensive for you to say not thinking calling for a unilateral ceasefire is the equivalent to wanting people dead. 

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I find it pretty offensive for you to say not thinking calling for a unilateral ceasefire is the equivalent to wanting people dead. 

You said “I don’t care if they all get killed”. How offensive is that?

6 minutes ago, TQR said:

You said “I don’t care if they all get killed”. How offensive is that?

I was in an angry mood that day.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

I was in an angry mood that day.

Oh that’s alright then.

No, wait, no it isn’t. Disgusting. 

• Like 1

What exactly is the point of all this? It's not up to us, or our government, what happens. Hamas won't stop murdering people even if Israel stops bombing them.

• Like 4

Not sinking fast enough.

Speculation continues about a May election but I’m still skeptical they will want to go even a little bit before they have to. 

Minister for Middle Fingers Andrea Jenkyns has written a letter of no confidence to Mr Brady off of the 1922 Committee, I suspect in crayon and later typed up by a responsible adult. Sir Graham will most likely be laughing his enormous gums off at how poorly written it is.

1125012136_Screenshot2023-11-16at02_19_01.thumb.png.6ab9a459dcad7c540fd811fa0aeb0f0c.png

5 hours ago, TQR said:

Minister for Middle Fingers Andrea Jenkyns has written a letter of no confidence to Mr Brady off of the 1922 Committee, I suspect in crayon and later typed up by a responsible adult. Sir Graham will most likely be laughing his enormous gums off at how poorly written it is.

1125012136_Screenshot2023-11-16at02_19_01.thumb.png.6ab9a459dcad7c540fd811fa0aeb0f0c.png

Jesus wept. I've read essays by 14-year-olds that are better written than that. Grammar all over the place, sentences that seem to stop in the middle and selective with the facts. Utter drivel.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Jesus wept. I've read essays by 14-year-olds that are better written than that. Grammar all over the place, sentences that seem to stop in the middle and selective with the facts. Utter drivel.

Starting a sentence with And! 

Fucking hell :lol:

I find it "interesting" how the return of Israel/Palestine issues has thrown the recent foreign policy re-alignment into disorder.

The old conflicts on the left have returned, after they've united almost uniformly behind supporting Ukraine.

And on the right, the anti-establishment forces, the anti-EU, anti-USA, tacit pro-Russia people are being forced to support the pro-Israel position even though it's also the position of the Biden and EU governments.

6 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Yep, and this is the ex-Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Skills, Further & Higher Education. Incredible, isn't it?

• Facepalm 1

If these cunts can make up new laws willy-nilly to get what they want, is there anything to stop them passing a law extending the term of government beyond five years? :unsure:

19 minutes ago, Toast said:

If these cunts can make up new laws willy-nilly to get what they want, is there anything to stop them passing a law extending the term of government beyond five years? :unsure:

The fact it only takes 29 Tory MPs to vote against the government for them to lose their majority. There's enough right-minded Tories among their 350 MPs to vote against such a motion without exceptional reason. Theresa May, David Davis and Charles Walker gives you 3 straight away. Believe it or not, some do not want to prolong the agony. Hell, even Cruella might vote against it - she wants Rishi out ASAP and if it takes a general election then so be it.

• Thanks 1

It's also now too late to guarantee that such legalisation will pass through the House Of Lords before a General Election. The Parliament Act can be used to force a bill through the Lords, but needs a 12 month delay, and there's simply not enough time for a bill to pass all other stages before then.

• Like 3

LBC don't half get some exceptional callers sometimes; listen to this chap about the Tory Rwanda clusterfuck :lol::lol:

• Shocked 1