Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He did say through Suella might be sacked this week but I am skeptical Rishi wants to take on her supporters. 

What he also said was he wouldn't have used those words of Security Risk, but agreed with the sentiment.

All smacks of the judges are "enemies of the state" nonsense from a few years ago.

The judges and police are all right if they are on your side. If not, they should be vilified and strung up. That's the message I'm getting from this bunch of privileged self-entitled bullies.

Or they could get out of the way of standing on the throat of British values and fuck off quietly to oblivion.

• Like 2

Spunky of Security Risk Suella to turn up and lay a wreath at the Cenotaph. :lol:

Might be her last official engagement.

Leaky Sue is out. Reshuffle happening today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

All too late from Sunak. Could have possibly bought himself a slight bid of credit if he had sacked her straight away last week

Argument was that it was impossible to sack her back end of the week due to the remembrance duties and the protest planning which she would have been fully briefed on, even if she was trashing it. Suggestion was if he was sacking her, it would be early this week, before the Supreme Court rules on Rwanda on Wednesday when either the government wins and she's strengthened or they lose and she probably resigns.

Wouldn't be surprised if she went on Peston this week telling everyone the Tories are doomed under Sunak, will lose the next election and she wants to be the next leader of the Conservative party. After all, she's got previous... :rolleyes:

Earliest whisper is she's being replaced by Cleverley. :facepalm: Which means a new Foreign Secretary - Coutinho?

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Earliest whisper is she's being replaced by Cleverley. :facepalm: Which means a new Foreign Secretary - Coutinho?

Cleverly at the Home Office :lol:

3 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Piggy Cameron is the rumour

So presumbaly going to the HoL. Would be the first senior Cabinet Minister in the Lords since Carrington I think

6 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Piggy Cameron is the rumour

So presumbaly going to the HoL. Would be the first senior Cabinet Minister in the Lords since Carrington I think

Says a lot about the current state of the Conservative Party that there isn't a single one of his 346 colleagues in the House of Commons he'd rather have in the role (I excluded Sunak, Hunt, Cleverley and Leaky Sue from that number).

• Like 1

Sending the man who caused Brexit and then ran away to Brussels to negotiate with the EU... :facepalm::lol:

• Haha 1

There's previous for this. Alec Douglas-Home came back to be Foreign Secretary for the entirety of the Heath government. 

Just now, prussianblue said:

There's previous for this. Alec Douglas-Home came back to be Foreign Secretary for the entirety of the Heath government. 

In fairness Douglas-Home was still an MP though

26 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Sending the man who caused Brexit and then ran away to Brussels to negotiate with the EU... :facepalm::lol:

David fucking Cameron, FUCKING HELL.

A good way to renew after those thirty years of failure Sunak was whinging about a few weeks ago. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

In fairness Douglas-Home was still an MP though

I was meaning a former PM coming back for a lesser role, rather than the inter-House gymnastics required to do so. Douglas-Home got to do Commons > Lords > Commons > Lords over the course of his career :lol:

42 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Peter Mandelson when he was brought back by Brown? First Secretary of State is by definition senior, even if not one of the Great Offices. Arguably he was the most powerful member of that government!

• Like 1