Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Shaun`s Death By Numbers

Shaun out of curiosity what list do you think will get the most hits besides yours

1. Zsa Zsa Gabor -- I want the few points

2. Martin Crowe

3. Denis Healey

4. Olivia De Havilland

Second, names from my DP teams:

5. Henry McCullough

6. "Superstar" Billy Graham

7. James R. Messenger (Norman Lear)

8. Oliver Sacks

9. Bart Starr

10. Magomed Abdusalamov

Third, real fucking old people so I take advantage of scoring rules (hate the game not the playya):

11. Susannah Mushatt Jones (**JOKER**) playing the odds

12. Emma Moran

Fourth, people chosen by other teams in my DP that I didn't pick but like:

13. Steve Gleason

14. President James Earl Carter, Jr.

15. Dilip Kumar

16. Joe Jackson (father of the Jacksons)

17. Rob Ford

18. Carol Channing

19. Fats Domino

Fifth, a bunch of folks you people (and I) have so graciously shared info on here on the DL site: (sadly I haven't been keeping track all along)

20. Howard Marks

21. Amy Watts (Muhammad Ali)

22. John Schlegel

23. Bob Bennett

24. Keith Farnham

25. Mark Farren

26. Michel Delpech

27. Sumner Redstone

28. Gerald Kaufman

29. Nuon Chea

30. Grace Lee Boggs

31. Khieu Samphan

32. Vladimir Bukovsky

33. Ray Columbus

34. Louis Stokes

35. Goran Hedzic

36. Governor Larry Hogan

37. Blackjack Mulligan

38. Vladimir Kara-Murza

39. Wesly Pipes

40. Vera Caslavska

41. Holly Woodlawn

42. Howard Davis, Jr.

43. Gaston Glock

44. Tony Adamowicz

Sixth, and lastly, a few names from research, not cuz they'll die, but rather to justify my time spent haha:

45. Andre Guelfi

46. Ken Kavanagh

47. Kevin Turner (NFL)

48. Eileen Fenton

49. Phyllis Tickle (she may not obit, but she will die. Let's take a chance)

50. Jack Van Impe

SirC

​----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Shaun:

Seems I had TWO people who were already dead on my list but Ms Watts is the only one I see, who am I missing?

Also -- Sir Creep didn't even remember selecting Ms. Tickle, but there it is in black--well red--and white!!​​

I wasn't going to replace Ms. Watts as punishment, but that seems remiss. If I may, I'd like to go WAYYY off the board and select as a replacement Mr. Muhammad Ali. I'd hate for him to pass away in the coming months and me get nothing for him altogether. I don't think he will perish any time soon so it remains a bit of a punishment for choosing a dead person in Ms. Watts.

SC​

The second was James R Messenger.I can assure you that you did pick Tickle as she is on your entry on my masterlist which was copied and pasted the day you submitted your team.Yeah sure I will add him to your entry on the masterlist.

Right you are!

Well similarly I'm throwing Norman Lear's name into the fray, and to my knowledge he's fit as a fiddle, but older, and like Ali I would be miffed if he passed and I got nothing for it. So it remains a bit of a punishment for unwittingly putting a deceased person's name on my list.

SC

Easy going as I generally am I'm with the objections here regarding extending the end. It's basic customer service/sale of goods common sense to deliver what it says on the entry details; I too picked a team to totter off by the end of the year. I know from my own mistake that it's not good to suggest changes. For convenience sake I was all for putting up the Deathrace masterlist in the final hours of 2014, a few people took a rightful dislike to that, suspicious their carefully researched picks would be snaffled for late edits on DDP teams and pointed out what a bad idea I had.

Don`t worry maryport the suggestion has been discarded.I am thinking for next years competition of making it 12 months but with a transfer date of July 1 where you can switch 10 picks.That way we would have an outright winner still and mid way picks like Stokes , Sacks and Tickle can still be of use.

• Like 1

2. Martin Crowe

3. Denis Healey

4. Olivia De Havilland

5. Henry McCullough

8. Oliver Sacks

9. Bart Starr

10. Magomed Abdusalamov

Third, real fucking old people so I take advantage of scoring rules (hate the game not the playya):

12. Emma Moran

13. Steve Gleason

15. Dilip Kumar

17. Rob Ford

18. Carol Channing

19. Fats Domino

Fifth, a bunch of folks you people (and I) have so graciously shared info on here on the DL site: (sadly I haven't been keeping track all along)

20. Howard Marks

22. John Schlegel

23. Bob Bennett

24. Keith Farnham

25. Mark Farren

26. Michel Delpech

27. Sumner Redstone

28. Gerald Kaufman

29. Nuon Chea

30. Grace Lee Boggs

31. Khieu Samphan

32. Vladimir Bukovsky

33. Ray Columbus

34. Louis Stokes

35. Goran Hedzic

36. Governor Larry Hogan

37. Blackjack Mulligan

38. Vladimir Kara-Murza

39. Wesly Pipes

40. Vera Caslavska

41. Holly Woodlawn

42. Howard Davis, Jr.

43. Gaston Glock

44. Tony Adamowicz

Sixth, and lastly, a few names from research, not cuz they'll die, but rather to justify my time spent haha:

45. Andre Guelfi

46. Ken Kavanagh

47. Kevin Turner (NFL)

48. Eileen Fenton

50. Jack Van Impe

SirC

​----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Shaun:

Seems I had TWO people who were already dead on my list but Ms Watts is the only one I see, who am I missing?

Also -- Sir Creep didn't even remember selecting Ms. Tickle, but there it is in black--well red--and white!!​​

I wasn't going to replace Ms. Watts as punishment, but that seems remiss. If I may, I'd like to go WAYYY off the board and select as a replacement Mr. Muhammad Ali. I'd hate for him to pass away in the coming months and me get nothing for him altogether. I don't think he will perish any time soon so it remains a bit of a punishment for choosing a dead person in Ms. Watts.

SC​

The second was James R Messenger.I can assure you that you did pick Tickle as she is on your entry on my masterlist which was copied and pasted the day you submitted your team.Yeah sure I will add him to your entry on the masterlist.

Right you are!

Well similarly I'm throwing Norman Lear's name into the fray, and to my knowledge he's fit as a fiddle, but older, and like Ali I would be miffed if he passed and I got nothing for it. So it remains a bit of a punishment for unwittingly putting a deceased person's name on my list.

SC

Consider it done

Shaun out of curiosity what list do you think will get the most hits besides yours

I don`t think I will win.My money would be on either The Unkown Man gcreptile or Sir Creep.

2. Martin Crowe

3. Denis Healey *************************************************************************

4. Olivia De Havilland

5. Henry McCullough

8. Oliver Sacks

9. Bart Starr

10. Magomed Abdusalamov

12. Emma Moran

13. Steve Gleason

15. Dilip Kumar

17. Rob Ford

18. Carol Channing

19. Fats Domino

20. Howard Marks

22. John Schlegel

23. Bob Bennett

24. Keith Farnham

25. Mark Farren

26. Michel Delpech

27. Sumner Redstone

28. Gerald Kaufman

29. Nuon Chea

30. Grace Lee Boggs

31. Khieu Samphan

32. Vladimir Bukovsky

33. Ray Columbus

34. Louis Stokes

35. Goran Hedzic

36. Governor Larry Hogan

37. Blackjack Mulligan

38. Vladimir Kara-Murza

39. Wesly Pipes

40. Vera Caslavska

41. Holly Woodlawn

42. Howard Davis, Jr.

43. Gaston Glock

44. Tony Adamowicz

45. Andre Guelfi

46. Ken Kavanagh

47. Kevin Turner (NFL)

48. Eileen Fenton

50. Jack Van Impe

SirC

Hey Shaun:

SC​

Right you are!

SC

Consider it done

WOO HOO

SC

Noted.I will attempt to update the scoreboard tonight or tommorrow at the latest as I am out at the moment.

Yay. I had Healey. Is that 17 points?

Yay. I had Healey. Is that 17 points?

Yes

The Unknown man :156

Death Impends:123

Sir Creep:109

Shaun of the Dead :106

gcreptile:99

Maryportfuncity:64
Morbidkid :64
Bibliogryphon:64
Grim up North :64
Handrejka:50

Rotten Ali:50

Deathray :17
msc:0

Updated for Healey.I added Deathray onto the scoreboard as he seems to have slipped off the last one.Apologies for the delay.Correct me if I have messed the scoreboard up.

Deathray :48

Updated for Healey.I added Deathray onto the scoreboard as he seems to have slipped off the last one.Apologies for the delay.Correct me if I have messed the scoreboard up.

Who are my other 31 points for?

Brian Sewell

Brian Sewell

I didn't have him, I had Brian Seville

oh right.Who is Brian Seville? I assumed it was a typo.

• Like 2

I have an update ready for Boggs but remembered she had to obit first! Only 4 teams appear to have her on her list and they are myself Sir Creep Captain Chorizo and msc if anyone else included her please notify me.I reckon the Guardian will give us the points for her!Also if I could ask you all to highlight your hits in red when they are dead that would be great as it makes it easier for me to update the scoreboard and means I can get updates out quicker.Also apologies for somehow missing off Captain Chorizo and Jiroemon Kimura off the Scoreboard last time.

Sir Creep:124

Captain Chorizo:73

msc:15

Jiroemon Kimura:0

Updated for Boggs:Surprised she only got picked 4 times.Not many points I guess.

• Like 1

Boggs deceased. #30 on my list. Will anyone survive the carnage?

SC

This was the first I'd heard she'd died. Leaves the top 3 in the DDP within 3 points of each other. And prevents nul points for yours truly.

going to be tough to catach the Unknown Man. He got that Buddy Baker headstart and keeps racing ahead!

going to be tough to catach the Unknown Man. He got that Buddy Baker headstart and keeps racing ahead!

Aye, so I'll put on a massive 14 spurt with a centenarian jazzer and his guardian obit:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/oct/11/coleridge-goode

• Like 2

Maryportfuncity:78

Updated for Coleridge Goode.

I have to confess I had no idea who he was which is unusual for a Deadpooler like me who never stops researching names.

I have to confess I had no idea who he was which is unusual for a Deadpooler like me who never stops researching names.

Indeedy, my complete research on Goode started with me seeing an announcement of his 100th birthday in The Guardian a year ago a figuring if they counted his birthday they'd also mark his death.

I had no idea either, until then.

• Like 1

The Unknown man :176

Morbidkid :84
Bibliogryphon:84

Updated for Maureen O`Hara.Congratulations to The Unknown Man ,Bibliogryphon and Morbidkid who each gain 20 points. The question I think we all need to ask now is: Can anyone stop The Unknown Man???

• Like 3