Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

On 06/09/2022 at 16:20, whoismakoto said:

Pauline Clayden (Wiki)

Some good news on this front. British ballerina Pauline Clayden (wiki) has just been moved into the Living People category on Wiki as a an article has appeared confirming she is alive and just turned 100!

Also, The Royal Ballet Twitter account have also noted it:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, whoismakoto said:

Any idea if Jan Rennison is officially dead? A Facebook post claimed that she passed away in January 2020.

https://m.facebook.com/sixties.timemachine/posts/2949985385055750

There's a probate grant on 19 September 2020 for a Jan Virginia Rennison who died 30 January 2020. Unfortunately, I can't seem to link the results page from this site any more.

RENNISON JAN VIRGINIA 30 January 2020 19 September 2020 1597656438448371 PROBATE Principal Registry
  • Like 1

I'm having a look around, it's possible Jan Rennison was the Australian entrant for the 1965 Miss World competition, certainly looks like the same girl: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/leaving-for-the-miss-world-beauty-contest-held-in-london-news-photo/1078931612

If so, she was 20 in that year, so born around 1945 and died aged 74/75?

Edit: the Space 1999 site gives a dob of 1947 but confirming she is the same lassie: https://catacombs.space1999.net/main/crguide/vcgar.html

Yep definitely dead @whoismakoto

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

There's a probate grant on 19 September 2020 for a Jan Virginia Rennison who died 30 January 2020. Unfortunately, I can't seem to link the results page from this site any more.

RENNISON JAN VIRGINIA 30 January 2020 19 September 2020 1597656438448371 PROBATE Principal Registry

1 hour ago, whoismakoto said:

Any idea if Jan Rennison is officially dead? A Facebook post claimed that she passed away in January 2020.

https://m.facebook.com/sixties.timemachine/posts/2949985385055750

29 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'm having a look around, it's possible Jan Rennison was the Australian entrant for the 1965 Miss World competition, certainly looks like the same girl: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/leaving-for-the-miss-world-beauty-contest-held-in-london-news-photo/1078931612

If so, she was 20 in that year, so born around 1945 and died aged 74/75?

Edit: the Space 1999 site gives a dob of 1947 but confirming she is the same lassie: https://catacombs.space1999.net/main/crguide/vcgar.html

Yep definitely dead @whoismakoto

Sorry I'm a bit crap at this, done this piecemeal.

So the Space 1999 website said she moved to France in the 1990s.

So I found this: https://www-acte--deces-fr.translate.goog/acte-de-deces-hucqueliers?_x_tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Jan Rennison (Jan Virginia Rennison) born Feb 25, 1945, died 30 January 2020.

To have probate granted in the UK, she probably had property here.

Voila!

• Like 2

On 15/03/2021 at 15:44, Ulitzer95 said:

11) Donald Elson (IMDb) actor – American, notable for his roles in TV shows like Gunsmoke and Bonanza, as well as films like Gremlins. Last credit was in 2010.

So sad to report that actor Donald Elson died back on May 7 at the age of 99. IMDb is updated but no obituary, a new name maybe for the next SAG AFTRA FALL.

Facebook Notice

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the child actress Mandy Miller (Wiki) is still alive. There's just a problem when I search about her. If wiki and Imdb were to believe, she is Carmen Isabella Miller in real life, is living in UK, and is still married to a Christopher Davey. My reference is 192.com. 

There are 3 Carmen Davey in 192.com but none of them seems to match Mandy. For Christopher Davey, there's one who has a relative named "Carman I Davey", living in Dumfries, Scotland. If this Carman Davey is Mandy, I think it would have made sense why she was called Mandy. Hoping for confirmation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whoismakoto said:

I'm pretty sure the child actress Mandy Miller (Wiki) is still alive. There's just a problem when I search about her. If wiki and Imdb were to believe, she is Carmen Isabella Miller in real life, is living in UK, and is still married to a Christopher Davey. My reference is 192.com. 

There are 3 Carmen Davey in 192.com but none of them seems to match Mandy. For Christopher Davey, there's one who has a relative named "Carman I Davey", living in Dumfries, Scotland. If this Carman Davey is Mandy, I think it would have made sense why she was called Mandy. Hoping for confirmation.

I’d say she’s too high profile to die off radar. Also, she’s “only 78” ie younger than life expectancy. 

Best place to uncover info on these types is FB or Twitter. Worth having a search on there.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 22:44, Ulitzer95 said:

27) Armando Silvestre (IMDb) actor – Muscular build American actor, though has also appeared in a lot of Mexican cinema and television. Still acting and making regular public appearances until the end of 2016. Quiet since...

311290533_639599404167464_3626640357637300745_n.jpg.735fb0b0c8ef6bc0b8e0d7f22f1363c7.jpg

New photo of Golden Age supporting actor Armando Silvestre (wiki) out for dinner on the evening of October 6th.

Will turn 97 in January. Looks good!

• Like 2

On 18/12/2021 at 19:20, Gisooo said:

41) Lia Origoni (b. 1919) - Italian actress will turn 103 in 2022

Lia Origoni dead at 103.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Does English actress Jean Lodge (Wiki) appeared in GRO? She turned 95 this August!

• Like 1

An odd one is my perennial DDP pick Lawrence Gordon Clark, director of the Ghost Story for Christmas strand, Harry's Game, etc etc. I've got him down in my notes as born 1929, because years ago (over a decade ago) I read an interview which celebrated him recently turning 80, and he seemed to be the June 1929 birth in the BMDs. 

IMDB and everywhere else is now running with a June 1938 DOB though, and the source is... Lawrence Gordon Clark himself! Which means he's now mentioned two different ages in the time I've been on the internet, and the "correct" one I can't find in the BMDs.

Talented man, however frustrating this may be!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Does English actress Jean Lodge (Wiki) appeared in GRO? She turned 95 this August!

Nope. And not the sort of name I would expect to die off radar.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nope. And not the sort of name I would expect to die off radar.

Feels like someone who would get a death notice printed first before an obituary. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, whoismakoto said:

Do you think this actor named Keith Alexander (Imdb) is still alive?

Seems to have done an interview for a podcast as late as May this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Seems to have done an interview for a podcast as late as May this year.

Zombie Actor Reminisces! :o

Err, good spot, even. :lol:

3 hours ago, whoismakoto said:

How reliable is Notrecinema? I'm ivestigating about Jackie De Witt. There's not much info on her imdb. On notrecinema, it has her birthday and date of death. She also has credits in the 1940s compared to imdb.

https://en.notrecinema.com/communaute/stars/stars.php3?staridx=49104

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0212440/

More reliable than IMDb for sure.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

More reliable than IMDb for sure.

I tried to get this credit removed from Meghan Markle's IMDB page, on the grounds that the event has yet to take place and that her attendance has not been confirmed, but my request has been rejected.

image.png.6d668a8c89c335a25dcbceca87e2dec1.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

I tried to get this credit removed from Meghan Markle's IMDB page, on the grounds that the event has yet to take place and that her attendance has not been confirmed, but my request has been rejected.

image.png.6d668a8c89c335a25dcbceca87e2dec1.png

Did you quote a source?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Did you quote a source?

Er .... what source can I quote that would confirm that an event scheduled for next year hasn't happened yet?  :scratchhead:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Er .... what source can I quote that would confirm that an event scheduled for next year hasn't happened yet?  :scratchhead:

Sometimes news sources discussing something upcoming will say something like "Markle has not yet confirmed whether she will be taking part" or "it is unknown if Meghan will be appearing" etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Sometimes news sources discussing something upcoming will say something like "Markle has not yet confirmed whether she will be taking part" or "it is unknown if Meghan will be appearing" etc.

Yes, but she can't have appeared in something that hasn't happened yet.  And that applies to everyone else listed under it - even the King!  The event shouldn't be on there at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Yes, but she can't have appeared in something that hasn't happened yet.  And that applies to everyone else listed under it - even the King!  The event shouldn't be on there at all.

IMDb has always put pages up for upcoming shows and films with cast listings though.

But they shouldn't be added names that are speculated / not confirmed.

The site is getting worse IMO. Hopefully Elon Musk will buy it and sack everyone.

• Like 1