Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

59 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Technically he seems to have died in May if that article is from June.

Bristol Post has his lifespan in this short death notice here:

"
Brian Henry Northcote Walker

Brian Henry Northcote Walker. Northcote of Hinton Blewett, Somerset. March 22, 1926 - May 15, 2020. Much loved husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, illustrator, writer, cyclist and occasional musician. Donations, if desired, for the Alzheimer's Society and Alzheimer's Research, may be sent to Bryan G. Bishop Funeral Service, Farrington Road, Paulton, Bristol. BS39 7LW."

@Spade_Cooley, the only Wurzel from the 60s lineup who is now in limbo is Reg Chant, the accordionist. Could I ask you to please message the user who contacted you and ask if they're aware of his fate?

Whilst I'm here...

Jeanne Manet, French actress from Hollywood's Golden era and supposed centenarian, who has been mentioned on these forums several times, is dead.

Here's the working:

1) Manet's real name is Gilberte Lachmann and she was born in Hovilles, France. Wiki listed a DOB of 28th June 1918, which is wrong as shown below and presumably came from IMDb.
2) This newspaper clipping mentions that she was at one-point married to American OSS officer Pat Hurst.
3) Using the magic that is Ancestry, this New York State Passenger List from 1959 details a Gilberte M. Hurst born 27 Nov 1917 in Hovilles, France.
4) Using the relatively new MatchID website which holds the complete French birth and death records on it, there's a Gilberte Marcelle Lachmann b. 27 Nov 1917, Hovilles France who died on 15 Jan 2012, aged 94 in Nogent-le-Rotrou, France.

So, not a centenarian but did reach a fair age. Another one that evaded our attention at the time and led us to believe she was a centenarian. IMDb is a shit site that has a lot to answer for in terms of its erroneous bio details.

If anyone has anymore French names who are in limbo, please fire them my way and using Ancestry/MatchID, I'll try and get you an answer.

43 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

@Spade_Cooley, the only Wurzel from the 60s lineup who is now in limbo is Reg Chant, the accordionist. Could I ask you to please message the user who contacted you and ask if they're aware of his fate?

I'll message him, but if he's not able to answer, this is Chant's daughter on Facebook and I think she's talking about him in the current tense here?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I'll message him, but if he's not able to answer, this is Chant's daughter on Facebook and I think she's talking about him in the current tense here?

Wow, what an ace find! I'll reach out to her. All I know of him was that he was a pub landlord in Bristol. I assumed long dead, but maybe not! Cheers Spade.

15 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Wow, what an ace find! I'll reach out to her. All I know of him was that he was a pub landlord in Bristol. I assumed long dead, but maybe not! Cheers Spade.

696701281_reachout.jpg.b9f4c6852164ada18d62cc254e60bf05.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6