Lewd_Squirrel

30. Bob Newhart

On 01/01/2024 at 06:29, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Just wanted to point out that the past 3 years have all seen cast members of the 2003 holiday hit Elf dying, in 2021 Ed Asner, in 2022 James Caan and in 2023 Michael Lerner died.

Superstition makes me think that Newhart will make it a 4 year streak (either that or Will Ferrell is going to have a very bad year).

Well now…

• Like 3

I suggest "The Button-Down Rind of Bob Newhart" for his entry, a play on his early 1960s comedy LP record.

21st candidate that Jimmy outlives since he was put in hospice care… impressive. Will he get to 25 ? 

Posted (edited)

Newhart: Um... see to .. to tell you the truth I'm .. I just .. I'm just killing time here I was waiting for a ... Well a different funeral to start.

--

The above is from the 1996  Simpsons episode 'Bart the Fink', when Troy McClure strongarms him into a rambling eulogy for Krusty. 

Krusty Funeral (youtube.com)

Edited by Evil Grimace
video embed not working
  • Like 1

A very fascinating Telegraph obituary focusing on the fact Princess Margaret and Margaret Thatcher both enjoyed his comedy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Will he get to 25 ? 

Very possibly- I still see Kennedy, Baxter, Chomsky and Le Pen pulling out in front of Jimmy.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Very possibly- I still see Kennedy, Baxter, Chomsky and Le Pen pulling out in front of Jimmy.

That would be something wouldn't it?.. When you think of the images that we saw of him at his wife's funeral  one would never guess that the man had the stamina and strength to even be close to lasting the next year.  But here we are 7 months into the year.  Guess we wait and see.

23 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

The Bob Newhart Show – PowerPop… An Eclectic Collection of Pop Culture

"Yeah, I know they've been having problems for ages..... since January I think.... something like the longest streak of the 21st century? I mean they should have picked.... right, yeah.... oh really they've broken it? Finally, Jimmy Carter has d.... wait what?"

We all know Jimmy Carter ain't going until September 28th. He plans to annoy us by dying as close to his 100th birthday as possible. Add to that, the former president may die of something otherwise treatable, such as appendicitis or even a hangover.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, friedbutty said:

We all know Jimmy Carter ain't going until September 28th. He plans to annoy us by dying as close to his 100th birthday as possible. Add to that, the former president may die off something otherwise treatable, such as appendicitis or even a hangover.

Partly due to me not thinking anyone else from DL will drop, I have predicted the death of Jimmy Carter for February 10, 2025. Lets see how I do with that aye

As for the cast of Elf dying one per year, I am going towards whose name slips me now, but think she played the wife of Bob Newharts character? 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

Partly due to me not thinking anyone else from DL will drop, I have predicted the death of Jimmy Carter for February 10, 2025. Lets see how I do with that aye

As for the cast of Elf dying one per year, I am going towards whose name slips me now, but think she played the wife of Bob Newharts character? 

confident there was no wife of his character

also, im gonna say artie lange is going to go next

1 minute ago, jimbean1121 said:

confident there was no wife of his character

also, im gonna say artie lange is going to go next

I must have got mixed up and be thinking of someone else wife in the film:rolleyes:

It's a pity it wasn't heart failure that killed him, because there'd have been a decent line about Bob Newhart needing a new heart for the taking.

"Newhart shaped box" feels corny, im afraid 

A very funny man, RIP old boy.