Dr. Zorders

230 Guests Online Right Now

875 now. Wonder if Aaron Ramsey's hit a hat trick.  Are we expecting a big death? 

17 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

875 now. Wonder if Aaron Ramsey's hit a hat trick.  Are we expecting a big death? 

Twitter thinks the Queens dead, probably bollocks but might explain our traffic....

18 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

1 minute ago, Kinnock said:

Twitter thinks the Queens dead, probably bollocks but might explain our traffic....

Guess we'll find out soon enough.  Holy shit, what a miss. (If true) 

33 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Guess we'll find out soon enough.  Holy shit, what a miss. (If true) 

This appears to be the source.  Not what I had in mind when I said "probably bollocks" tbh :lol:

Fake news aside.... so it's to be assumed true that should a real event (i.e. Queen) happen, there are a few thousand people who check in to DL to see about it?  Where are they the rest of the time?  

Currently at 1164.

Have there ever been this many?

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Fake news aside.... so it's to be assumed true that should a real event (i.e. Queen) happen, there are a few thousand people who check in to DL to see about it?  Where are they the rest of the time?  

I'd guess it's more of a case of we have a few thousand (possibly more) infrequent browsers but should the Queen die or something similar happen they'd all turn up at once.

472 online now at 5am the morning.

Bit squiffy.

Has the cache time for guest browser being added to online always been 30 minutes? Sure it used to be 15 (which would explain a lot of the massive increase).

Also seems like hundreds of these guests are not doing anything? I don't just mean 'idling' they're not even being registered as idling on a page there just being registered as a 'Guest' but with no activity.

Normally they' have a visited page under each one but if you click through the who's online twenty odd a page seem to have nout under them.... so seems like a whole host of bots or phantom users?

Has Invision released an update recently to change how it logs guests?

Further to the above Invision release an update on the 29th November to fix critical issues from the 12th November release.

It looks as though they've created another minor issue in the attempt to fix the critical issues - assumedly they have an admin report system that one of the forum bigwigs might want to utilise to encourage them to fix it in the next update, until then take at least 50% of the guest total for an accurate figure....

https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

Guest count around 500 right now.

Not surprising considering the new list is gonna be up in about 2 hours or so...

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

1,444 now. Who died? 

Edit 1532. 

It's probably because of an Olivia Newton-John death hoax.

I won't post the links because they are infected with Malicious Redirection 36. So don't go looking for 'em.

ONJ.jpg

• Thanks 1

154 guest online at the moment has Kobe died or something ?

7 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

387 at the mo. Anybody heard any whispers? 

Nope, but I'm thinking a few favourite DDP picks - Smith, Stiles etc. - wouldn't drag that level of activity in. Some, someone less expected, then

Could just be that someone shared this site in a Facebook group (usually along the lines of 'Moms against _____') talking about how disgusting the page is. Or I guess in this case we may have been mentioned favourably since nobody has written anything negative - I dont think anyone has written anything recently along the lines of this gem

7 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I dont think anyone has written anything recently along the lines of this gem

WARNING!!!!!  That gem is clickbait for the s*n rag. 

The one significant death across the mainstream media this morning is Harold Evans - the kind of media death that is of major interest to the news media. 

So, maybe a few of that influx of guests last night were the journos who monitor this site in search of confirmation of deaths they can write about. 

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

The one significant death across the mainstream media this morning is Harold Evans - the kind of media death that is of major interest to the news media. 

So, maybe a few of that influx of guests last night were the journos who monitor this site in search of confirmation of deaths they can write about. 

Quite a few were showing the same ip  address. 

3 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Quite a few were showing the same ip  address. 

Fuck sake, not Broadmoor again!

• Haha 1

The DDP usually gets around 10 hits a day from Google searches. On Tuesday it got 1,724, nearly everyone searching for "derby dead pool" or "derby dead pool 2020". We must have been mentioned somewhere.... any ideas?

EDIT: 791 of those hits were from Italy....

• Like 1

On 26/09/2020 at 17:15, Spade_Cooley said:

The DDP usually gets around 10 hits a day from Google searches. On Tuesday it got 1,724, nearly everyone searching for "derby dead pool" or "derby dead pool 2020". We must have been mentioned somewhere.... any ideas?

EDIT: 791 of those hits were from Italy....

Clearly the latest round of the Swiss Guard sweepstake on when ex Pope Benedict is going to die has come to an end and it's a rollover.

• Haha 3

443 guests online right now.

Possibly due to the death of Jeremy Bulloch.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

443 guests online right now.

Possibly due to the death of Jeremy Bulloch.

Doubt it. A big website might talk us.