Shroud

Remember The Bismarck! Sink Pearl Harbour! Der Totale Banzai!

We owed France a tremendous debt at the birth of the USA, it is quite true, but I believe that can be counted as paid in full for some years now.

Freedom Fries

• Like 1

I hate to put in an insult for the sake of an insult, but charon seems like a prize-jerk no matter what his nationality might be. A schoolyard bully too, perhaps? I recall plenty of those, unfortunately, and this guy often sounds like one to a "t." Lots of smart remarks, but little to back them up. Regrettably, jerks are an annoying fact of life as he has so amply proven on multiple occasions during this little feud.

Worryingly, you seem a 'normal' americano.

• Like 1

I'm well aware of that the US got off relatively lightly as far as KIA numbers go, goes, Sir C; regardless around 60% of the D-Day invasion force was made up of US troops. This can be easily checked - I'm not patting myself on the back or anything about it, really, but guys like charon seem ingrates at best.

Juts how much China contributed to Japan's defeat is open to debate, I would think, as Japan still occupied a considerable portion of it at their surrender.

Do you honestly think you "guys"(i.e., everyone else) could have won w/o the aid of the US? Had Hitler been somewhat more stable mentally, von Braun's rocket program would have been advanced enough to hit just about anywhere had he left them to their work, and not constantly interrupted them. A true ICBM wasn't far off when the war ended in Europe as I do imagine you know, Sir C.

You seem to enjoy a fine standard of living, people; unless bitterness over the loss of the Empire is at the root of much of this, I see few reasons to "down" Americans so much. I hardly need to remind anyone of how much harm the British Empire did to various people's at its peak, I imagine as well. Along with the French, the Dutch, etc., etc.

If there's any truth at all to the alternate Earth's theories, world probably do exist where the war ended with an Axis victory, and I'm reasonably certain none of us would wish to live there, correct? Quantum Physics is well beyond me, granted, but what of it I can grasp seems to indicate these places do exist somewhere - be glad this world isn't one of them.

I would add that my own father's life was more or less shattered by his war time injuries, so attitudes like those expressed by charon in particular are hard to take. A little gratitude instead would be nice. As noted, life under Stalin wouldn't have been a hell of a lot better than under the Nazis.

I see my name in here a couple times. Know that I've left y'all arguing amongst yourselves about whatever it is your arguing about. I've not read a word and just come by this thread to post my obits. I ask not to be cited or named.

SC

Worryingly, you seem a 'normal' americano.

Agreed. He doesn't seem to know the difference between Scottish, English and British.

Canadians eh; what are they like?

• Like 1

I'm well aware of that the US got off relatively lightly as far as KIA numbers go, goes, Sir C; regardless around 60% of the D-Day invasion force was made up of US troops. This can be easily checked - I'm not patting myself on the back or anything about it, really, but guys like charon seem ingrates at best.

Juts how much China contributed to Japan's defeat is open to debate, I would think, as Japan still occupied a considerable portion of it at their surrender.

Do you honestly think you "guys"(i.e., everyone else) could have won w/o the aid of the US? Had Hitler been somewhat more stable mentally, von Braun's rocket program would have been advanced enough to hit just about anywhere had he left them to their work, and not constantly interrupted them. A true ICBM wasn't far off when the war ended in Europe as I do imagine you know, Sir C.

You seem to enjoy a fine standard of living, people; unless bitterness over the loss of the Empire is at the root of much of this, I see few reasons to "down" Americans so much. I hardly need to remind anyone of how much harm the British Empire did to various people's at its peak, I imagine as well. Along with the French, the Dutch, etc., etc.

If there's any truth at all to the alternate Earth's theories, world probably do exist where the war ended with an Axis victory, and I'm reasonably certain none of us would wish to live there, correct? Quantum Physics is well beyond me, granted, but what of it I can grasp seems to indicate these places do exist somewhere - be glad this world isn't one of them.

I would add that my own father's life was more or less shattered by his war time injuries, so attitudes like those expressed by charon in particular are hard to take. A little gratitude instead would be nice. As noted, life under Stalin wouldn't have been a hell of a lot better than under the Nazis.

I see my name in here a couple times. Know that I've left y'all arguing amongst yourselves about whatever it is your arguing about. I've not read a word and just come by this thread to post my obits. I ask not to be cited or named.

SC

Oh you should read it, it's getting close to zorders/phantom for popcornability. Not quite there yet, but it has got all ad-hom, at least on one side.

• Like 1

I hate to put in an insult for the sake of an insult, but charon seems like a prize-jerk no matter what his nationality might be. A schoolyard bully too, perhaps? I recall plenty of those, unfortunately, and this guy often sounds like one to a "t." Lots of smart remarks, but little to back them up. Regrettably, jerks are an annoying fact of life as he has so amply proven on multiple occasions during this little feud.

Let's meet behind the stadium after school to settle this.

• Like 1

[Eva]Gratitude[/braun] ?

Lol. For still being occupied?

For my own family , I vaguely knew my favourite uncle had been in WW2. Only found out at his funeral that he'd joined up on the day war was declared. On my dads side 'some' of his brothers were in (and at least one died) but I get the feeling he wasn't. I truly don't know.

Why? Because my family weren't gung ho fuckers, and didn't go on about it, glorify it, and I had no reason to ask.

WW1 names on the local memorial included a few of my family name , and we were the only ones in the area with the surname.

We didn't grow up with flags in every room, building etc and being force fed the lurve of the military. Nazi Germany or the current US, that applies to them both.

There is a middle ground between jingoism and apathy.

Yeh, but no fun in that ;)

Ach, I blame Feek.

Everycunts bored waiting on her to peg it, when she goes it'll be back to normal.

And Zyklon/phantom round 49 can start...

A little gratitude instead would be nice.

I am, and said so to the men who did the fighting. I met US (and British, Canadian, Polish, French) WWII veterans on various occasions, formally and informally, and thanked them for their courage and effort. Most were rather apologetic about it; they did their duty; most had enjoyed the adventure and had given the gratitude of future generations little thought at the time.

• Like 3

A little gratitude instead would be nice.

Thank you for having sex with all those women in Norwich whose husbands were off fighting the actual war.

• Like 5

The imminent joy of that virus romping North to the Canadian border could mean the next generation of imbeciles having heads to small for their helmets.

Normally I'd be smug about that, but I'll reserve that feeling until I see conclusive proof that a mosquito cannot rape a midge.

Pretty sure they can't though....

smug.gif

Thanks to Deadsox and Magere Hein for some support; as I have suspected, the vast majority here are way too young to know much about that era (or in some cases, too apathetic to care, it would seem). Assuming some of your relations were, indeed, veterans of the War, it seems unquestionable that their DNA got lost in the transition somewhere to judge from your comments.

As for, you Spade-Cooley, really, now? I wonder how well English & French, etc., al would have done with out help, jerk? I'll be sure to keep it in mind, in any case. BTW, I suppose no English soldiers never fucked( or perhaps more correctly, raped) women in lands conquered by the former British Empire? Yeah, that's what I thought. Be sure to underline "former.

As far as "mosquitos raping midges" goes, well, I think my comments about the former British Empire running roughshod over assorted near-defenseless people in Africa, Australia, etc., etc., pretty much falls in the same category of hypocrisy, fellow.

Incidentally, it seems that North Korea indeed is on its way to a hydrogen bomb, and perhaps ICBMs capable of going in directions other than towards the US west coast. Since the UK was an ally during the Korean War, i wouldn't be quite so smug about that fellow, if I were you, for I doubt if they have forgotten it given the god-worship they devote their lunatic leaders there.

Let's see what stupidity you can come up next with, or you, maybe, Spade-C

Why do you continue to allude to the British as the English? That's analogous to calling United States Americans Kentuckians.

My father was English and born in 1916. He fought for the BRITISH army in France in 1944, not the ENGLISH army; just the same as vast numbers of Scottish, Welsh and Irish did.

• Like 4

Yes, well, Assassin, I'm reasonably-certain Americans consider themselves Americans whatever state they're from, or places such as Guam, etc. Until Wales and Scotland become independent, that will probably remain the case. I do understand the Scotts have a movement underway to possibly do just that - if so, more power to them, I suppose.

As for Northern Ireland, why not pack up and go back across the channel? I do consider the Irish Irish btw, Northern Ireland notwithstanding. You should've given Bel.

You're starting to annoy me now. Probably be best for you to go back to your Batman comics.

• Like 2

Scotland had an independence referendum and voted 'no' 55% to 45%. They aren't leaving the UK. There is even less support for independence in Wales - they would have even less chance of making it on their own then the Scots ( who have oil although the prices have now tanked so they're probably relieved they voted 'no! )

It's official; the Floridians have moved the English Channel from between the southern coast of England and the northern coast of mainland Europe to between the west coast of Great Britain and the island of Ireland.

download.png

Right I'll keep this fairly brief as the big long multuquote I had typed got lost in the down time..

Shroud.

So North Korea can fire two hydrogen bombs to catch up with you then. eQARRdy.gif

(Knew that would come in handy).

Roland.

More 'no' voters are dying day by day, and most 'yes' voters I know will be voting against staying in Europe just to trigger another referendum . Won't be close next time.

Cat.

Unfortunately you don't listen to the shipping fofecast ;)

Much like if you start a gazillion wars you'll manage to get one just one. The North channel separates Scotland and Ireland , and I think there is at least one further down (St George's maybe).

You fell into the trap of thinking 'english' for 'the channel' :D

As I understand it, creeps, the pro-Independence Party won THIS year's elections in Scotland, so the issue's hardly going away, I think.

Go ahead, hang on to areas like Northen Ireland, try to relive past glories - the days of Empire are OVER, baby- get used to it.

Count me as another who would just as soon let you clowns handle the next war in Europe on your own. You seem to think you can handle it, jerk-off just fine..., so handle it, then. It's really no skin off the collective nose of the US if the Russian Federation eventually annexes Europe or not. What difference does it matter that we re-built Europe after the war? Apparently, not a bit, it would seem. Many of us might even laugh like hell to be blunt, as with "friends" like your arrogant ass-holes, well, need I complete it? No one will stab you in the back faster than a lemon-sucking Britisher.

Hope you sobs like Voda.a lot.

PS with any luck, some nasty virus willcome out of the Mid-East, and work over YOUR collective candy-asses.

Fuck off.

• Like 3

If there are any large vats of lemon-juice handy, go drown yourselves in them. Imagine the majority of the world would cheer., Cat O'Falk, and C. It's a wonder we waited until 1775 to break away from you clods.

I suggest "The Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Norton for listening pleasure, creepos. It still seems apt today.

What a waste of time, and pretty much everything else limeys seem to be.

Jerry Pournelle suggested a 50/50 solution to the disputes between ourselves and the Soviet/Russians in which the world would be split between themselves, and the good ol USA. Maybe leave a "neutral zone" in the mid-east. Depending on who becomes president next year, the notion might be worth reviving. I could live with it, and imagine Putin could go along with a version of it as well.

Hell, it's hardly like we need anybody else's approval for our actions, I remind you. It may make good PC political theater, but is hardly anything truly needed.

Check out Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon btw; the speech Sherlock gives at the end is extremely ironic now in view of events from '47 onward about the Empire.

As I understand it, creeps, the pro-Independence Party won THIS year's elections in Scotland, so the issue's hardly going away, I think.

No elections this year so far, so your understanding fits the rest of your reasoning.

Sherlock Holmes? You want to base foreign policy on Sherlock Holmes? A drug addled fictional character from Victorian times? Lol.

You mentioned earlier you were proud to have had a relative serve in the Rangers. Over here the word 'Rangers' is associated with White Protestant Supremacist nazi fuckers who wish to retain an Empire built on blood. I'm surprised the word got on the Cornflower.

And you were also proud of the fuckers that bad gone go War v Spain. Not surprised. Was this the first time the Yankees had mass murdered Halibuts? Maybe the ones massacred in China were before, but this had the feeling of future killing fields.

US%2Bsoldiers%2Bpose%2Bwith%2Bthe%2Bbodi

• Like 1

I think you're confused, charon; the Japanese did the mass "murdering" in China for the vast majority. It's difficult to have murder in wartime, in any event; else we're ALL guilty far as nations go.

I hope what's left of the older generations have some appreciation, but it's rather obvious by this point that the only time England (or Europe generally, i.,e France) is interested in the US is when they need us to save your sorry asses, to be blunt. Or for what they can scam off of us. We have been more than generous over the years to Europe, enough so that I again, repeat that i think the US needs to let Europe slide, so to speak. It would be a nice sight to see some of the "royals" like "William the balding" blasted out of the sky in Pakistan or some such place, but in any case, I haven't "lost anything" in the English isles, and certainly won't feel deprived if I never see the place in person even were I to live to be the same age as old Frank Buckles did, 110.

I've done mys hare of research on the old empire btw; tying some unfortunate across a cannon and blasting him to bits wasn't a rare thing in former British India - note "former" once again, and other places to keep the natives "in line,' so you morons hardly have any ground to criticize others.

So, go screw yourself, and learn The Star-Spangled Banner, fellow.