Sir Creep

Doctor Doctor

Well, if all these mums have extra Z chromosomes, no wonder they are ill!

• Like 4

On 26.5.2017 at 16:33, gcreptile said:

Dr. Amy Reed, anti-power morcellator campaigner has died at age 44:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/amy-reed-died-cancer-patient-who-fought-morcellation-procedure.html?_r=0

I mentioned her way back in 2015:

It looks like the UK obit hasn't materialized, in spite of the prominent NYT obit. Interesting medical story, if you care.

Well, well, well,

Amy Reed got an obit from....The Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4552508/Mother-six-dies-medical-device-spread-cancer.html

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, well, well,

Amy Reed got an obit from....The Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4552508/Mother-six-dies-medical-device-spread-cancer.html

Dear daily Mail reporters reading this. Please write obits for Lakovic, Suisala and Aspin. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Dear daily Mail reporters reading this. Please write obits for Lakovic, Suisala and Aspin. Thanks.

I actually suspect that Lakovic didn't get an obit because he was Canadian, not American. And Suisala didn't get one because he was a uhh...New Zealandian (I don't want to say Kiwi)...not an Aussie.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

I actually suspect that Lakovic didn't get an obit because he was Canadian, not American. And Suisala didn't get one because he was a uhh...New Zealandian (I don't want to say Kiwi)...not an Aussie.

The old "here's someone dying young", let's not mention they died thing.

The Lakovic thing does surprise though: I mean, look at the useless sods getting obits...

Dr. Lawrence L. Weed, who introduced a system for organizing patient data in the 1950s that is now used in hospitals all over the world, and who led the way in developing a computerized method for aiding in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, died on June 3 at his home in Underhill, Vt. He was 93.
He created the problem-oriented medical record, or 
POMR, a way of recording and monitoring patient information. Two of its features have become universal in health care: the compiling of problem lists and the SOAP system for writing out notes in a patient chart. SOAP stands for subjective, objective, assessment and plan, reflecting the steps that doctors and other health care providers should follow as they move from an initial patient encounter to tests, diagnosis and treatment.
SC

Famed Japanese physician Shigeaki Hinohara dies at 105.

Ted Stanley, an anesthesiologist and medical entrepreneur who, with a colleague, created the fentanyl lollipop, a palatable means of delivering a synthetic opioid analgesic, mostly to cancer patients, died on July 13 in Salt Lake City. He was 77.

The cause was complications of prostate cancer, according to the University of Utah, where Dr. Stanley conducted research for 50 years and which, along with him and his drug company, reaped millions of dollars in profits from his discovery.

Though prescribed primarily in cancer treatment, the fentanyl-laced lollipop, a sugary, fruit-flavored confection on a plastic stick, has also been used to relieve migraine and cluster headaches, severe back and bone pain, arthritis, and other chronic conditions.
SC

I thought that was Sattar Edhi. And some other person who was a DDP hit before him. How many Mother Theresa's do they have in Pakistan?

18 hours ago, msc said:

I thought that was Sattar Edhi. And some other person who was a DDP hit before him. How many Mother Theresa's do they have in Pakistan?

Little Brother pakistan, and big brother India. They probably have Mother Theresa envy.

Dr. Ronald R. Fieve, who pioneered the prescription of lithium to treat mania and other mood disorders — while avowing that some gifted individuals, like Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt and Winston Churchill, might have benefited from being bipolar — Died on January 2, at his home in Palm Beach, Fla. He was 87.

The cause was congestive heart failure.

SC

Arthur J. Moss, a researcher who was credited with saving countless patients from fatal cardiac disorders, including a rare genetic heart glitch that can kill suddenly, died on Feb. 14 at his home in Brighton, N.Y., a suburb of Rochester. He was 86.  The cause was cancer.  Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, Calif., said of Dr. Moss, “He’s probably done more to advance our understanding of heart rhythm disorders than any cardiologist or researcher in the world.”
SC

James F. Holland, a founding father of chemotherapy who helped pioneer a lifesaving drug treatment for pediatric leukemia patients, died on Thursday at his home in Scarsdale, N.Y. He was 92.  The cause was respiratory failure.   Dr. Holland and his medical collaborators in the 1950s were scorned by some colleagues as research “cowboys,” as he put it, because they audaciously tackled what was considered an incurable disease and tried to treat it with several chemicals simultaneously, instead of sequentially.

SC

Dennis Millirons, who served as president of Sanford Medical Center in Fargo for four years, has died at age 66 in Texas.

Millirons, who had more than 40 years of experience in hospital administration, was named president of Sanford Medical Center in November 2009.  He died in The Hills, Texas, on Monday, April 2, according to his obituary, which said his death was "sudden and unexpected."

SC

Charlie Boone, the former president of Spartanburg (SC) Regional Medical Center, died Saturday, the hospital announced.

Boone led the hospital from 1966, when it was known as Spartanburg General, until 1995.
SC

52 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Dr. John Ochsner, a pioneering heart surgeon who performed the first ever heart transplant in Louisiana, has died.  He was 91.

https://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2018/07/dr_john_ochsner_a_heart_surger.html

Is he on the organ donor list?  :duck:

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Dr. John Ochsner, a pioneering heart surgeon who performed the first ever heart transplant in Louisiana, has died.  He was 91.

https://www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2018/07/dr_john_ochsner_a_heart_surger.html

The L.S.U. School of Medicine is named after him.

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

The L.S.U. School of Medicine is named after him.

Indeed.  Before I posted his entry, I did a search for his surname and noticed it'd been mentioned twice in the Deathlist, both times in reference to the facility.

• Like 1