Joey Russ

So How's Your 2018 Shortlist Looking?

One thing I'd really like to know is this: How is Roey's 2018 shortlist looking at the moment?

On 12/3/2017 at 08:08, Phantom of the Midway said:

Potential unique? Check.

Big bad pancreatic for over a year? Check.

Only UK mention was a non-QO? Check.

Still looks fine in public appearances? Check.

Kevin Carr. Funny that 'potential unique' part now that I've looked over Death By Numbers entries and half the people picked him.

On 12/3/2017 at 08:08, Phantom of the Midway said:

Then there's the recently diagnosed young'un, where you know nothing of the severity of their cancer... and probably won't until it's too late.

Ann-Katrin Berger, dropped early.

On 12/16/2017 at 13:12, Phantom of the Midway said:

Another tough decision is a young person that has stage IV cancer, but didn't reveal what type or any other information. But due to iffy obitability, they probably won't make the cut.

Steffan Lewis

As discussed in the salvage lot thread, Kevin Carr was the person that a lot of us suspected. I think Steffan Lewis will obit, but he feels too early this year, though a good pick for 2019 imo...

9 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Kevin Carr. Funny that 'potential unique' part now that I've looked over Death By Numbers entries and half the people picked him.

Ann-Katrin Berger, dropped early.

Steffan Lewis

Ah, at this point, "it's colon cancer" was Scott Riddle, as I discounted it being Lewis as he'd just been mentioned on the forum that very day!

1 minute ago, msc said:

I discounted it being Lewis as he'd just been mentioned on the forum that very day!

Really? I must have missed that. Oops.

Just now, Phantom of the Midway said:

Really? I must have missed that. Oops.

Political Frailty, Sean. No ill British politician gets past Sean!

• Like 1

Oh to put names to daft clues then:

On 12/29/2017 at 20:53, msc said:

Heh, I was looking over my shortlist earlier and spent it thinking "that name will be on TJS 2018" or "That one is such a Gcreptile pick" and so on. Try to predict the other teams. DDT is the trickiest, he always comes up with good out there picks (out there as in off radar and successful).

Gcreptile picks - I thought Steve Kopacz might be a B-teamer, Hugh Masekela and David DiChiera felt like names I was confident you'd go for!

TJS - Joe Vento as a possible unique before you named him on forum.

On 12/30/2017 at 09:54, msc said:

This Woody Harrelson terminal cancer thing is really mucking up a lot of my last minute search terms.

Totally forgot to put the word "film" in there without intended to leave it, but hopefully some random picked him anyway!

On 12/19/2017 at 22:36, msc said:

As for me, I've just twigged one of my locks is actually on the wrong part of the BBC main page, and thus not eligible for the DDP. Bugger that.

Carr, alas.

On 12/20/2017 at 20:11, msc said:

LOL. Just realised I'd noted down someone as being diagnosed with their illness in April 2017, not April 2015. *takes two years off their life expectancy*

Also, while the local obits only (not the BBC sports page, I must be going blind) person is 100% off the team, another person I rated at 30% QO obit chances previously turns out to have had a few articles of late in The Telegraph. So that was nice.

Toothill and Masekela, respectively.

On 11/24/2017 at 15:50, msc said:

Had a funny moment a few days ago, when I was trying to find out more information about a pick. I kept resoundingly failing to find that information, but in doing so, kept stumbling across useful stats and research websites for work/non-deadpooling purposes.

So thank you, anonymous D-lister who I think might be exaggerating both their claim to fame AND their illness.

Derek Dudley! Lots of interesting statto websites for British football.

On 12/6/2017 at 18:04, msc said:

On the plus side, found lots of interesting names for my proposed theme team, including some I am actually surprised qualify for it. Always nice. That theme team might actually out score Pan Breed in 2018, tbh.

Steve Ditko. Though if it does out score Pan Breed it's been a disaster.

On 11/15/2017 at 00:01, msc said:

Ah the moment you were ready to drop someone from contention, only more info sneaks your way which makes them a lock.

This was misdirection about Devin Lima but then he wound up on my team via shortlist Reaper annihilation and obit worries elsewhere.

On 11/23/2017 at 10:49, Joey Russ said:

Looking at a person currently who seems fucked and has a very small chance of getting a QO imo, but I have no idea of their age at all...

The only person that was in secret that hasn't been mentioned on the forum yet is this one, and it's Sadiq Daba. Would've been a deathrace name but his cancer, which sounded very bad, came into remission. What do you know sometimes...

8 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

The only person that was in secret that hasn't been mentioned on the forum yet is this one, and it's Sadiq Daba. Would've been a deathrace name but his cancer, which sounded very bad, came into remission. What do you know sometimes...

The second last name dropped from my Deathrace team due to that.

On 01/01/2018 at 19:03, Joey Russ said:

Well, the Sadiq Daba is very ill at the moment, it seems.

On 03/04/2020 at 13:17, drol said:

Well, the Sadiq Daba is very ill at the moment, it seems.

Sadiq Daba looks to be dead now