John V. Tunney, no. 414 on my list

Frankie Muse Freeman, no. 154 on my list

Jessica Falkholt, no. 1788 on my list

Clara Marangoni, no. 116 on my list

Anna Campori, no. 219 on my list

Marjorie Holt, no. 585 on my list

Baroness Olive Nicol, no. 1047 on my list

John 'Chick' Webster, no. 1512 on my list

Max Labovitch, no. 1518 on my list (not sure if this counts as a proper obit, please let me know if it doesn't)

Leaderboard

FixedBusiness 1774 (Thomas S Monson)

Cast Away 1180 (Mendeniyet Shahberdiyeva)

CaptainChorizo 769 (Thomas S Monson)

This is where my January deaths will be:

Thomas S Monson, name 244.
Rayya Elias, name 534.
Asghar Khan, name 691.
Jerry Van Dyke, name 653
Ray Thomas, name 291

Denise LaSalle, name 1754
David Fisher, name 422 (awaiting legit obit? only has doctor who blog obits)

Bobby Zarin, name 464

Dan Gurney, name 385

Dolores O'Riordan, name 646

Laura Saull, name 461

Ray Thomas of the Moody Blues has blew his last note and passed in the nights of white satin. Hit 5 for me, was name #291.

Denise LaSalle dead, awaiting qualifying obits unless the Jackson Sun is enough lol. If she does get a more national obit however, she was number 1754.

EDIT: The Daily Fail...

David Fisher dead. Name 422. Only a special interest blog obit, so if we are waiting for a legit obit from the Daily Fail, etc, that will be a comin'

Also Fast Eddie Clarke and Jessica Falkholt are dead but I didn't have them (I see Cast had Falkholt)

EDIT: hold the points for Jessica all the dead reports were false

16 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

David Fisher dead. Name 422. Only a special interest blog obit, so if we are waiting for a legit obit from the Daily Fail, etc, that will be a comin'

Also Fast Eddie Clarke and Jessica Falkholt are dead but I didn't have them (I see Cast had Falkholt)

EDIT: hold the points for Jessica all the dead reports were false

I think Guardian or Independent most likely sources of an obit for David Fisher. The BBC might come up with one on a slow news day. Jane Baker!

• Like 1

@Deathray said all obits regardless of language were good, as long as they were a legit newspaper obit or summat, so if you can get something from a local paper of something, you should be good to go!

• Like 1

Bobby Zarin dead, name 464 for me. Still no obit in site for David Fisher, just some blog posts from Doctor Who fansites. I feel like,  if we live in a world where a no-name husband of a star of a  shit reality TV show that was popular overseas from them that got famous for being ill has an obit and not a writer of one of their nations most popular shows, we might be fucked.

• Like 4

A writer of 16 episodes from the Tom Baker era too, one of the most popular eras of the entire series with the general public AND one of Douglas Adams group of friends. As I alluded to in that TMIB DDP years history post, I am properly surprised by some of the folk who have missed out on QO in recent years.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

11 hours ago, Deathray said:

As much as it pains me to say this no. You count me among those baffled he hasn't seen a proper obit.

On twitter someone has said a Guardian obit is in preparation. 

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

On twitter someone has said a Guardian obit is in preparation. 

The Guardian tend to commission and have good names to write their obits on call. Alas when they're not interested... I know at least one Jane Baker obit was offered (not by me) to several of the papers, but got turned down.

• Like 1

I'm going to withdraw from this game as I feel the rules weren't set out properly. A lot of names I entered in my list were foreign personalities because it wasn't mentioned anywhere beforehand that a DDP-criteria obits rule applied.

Hopefully it will be better organised next year if it is repeated.

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm going to withdraw from this game as I feel the rules weren't set out properly. A lot of names I entered in my list were foreign personalities because it wasn't mentioned anywhere beforehand that a DDP-criteria obits rule applied.

There's no DDP criteria rules. It was explained whilst teams were still being entered that any newspaper obit in any language will qualify for points. Provided your foreign names have at least some degree of fame in their own back yard, even to the point of a local newspaper obit in the middleoffuckingnowhereistan times of the middleoffuckingnowhereland country. It's hardly a strict obituary criteria, and simply exists to prevent absolute nobodies whose death is only confirmed by a partner on twitter getting and obit.

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My first hit - Mendeniyet Shahberdiyeva - got points from a translated obit. You should be fine :)

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If I can take a guess, given Monson wasn't counted, Deathray isn't counting your names because you don't have all 650 MPs named out on your list. His games tend to be very literal with their rules.

12 minutes ago, msc said:

If I can take a guess, given Monson wasn't counted, Deathray isn't counting your names because you don't have all 650 MPs named out on your list. His games tend to be very literal with their rules.

Yeah partly my fault for not listing out their names. Just haven't had enough time. I will enter next year.

1 hour ago, msc said:

It's not about being literal, it's about being consistent. I've already rejected a team for failing to provide a complete list, if I admit Utilizer's then it's a double standard.

However if you or the other entry that failed to list out an entire list want to complete that list as it would have been on midnight first of Jan by the end of the year, I'll permit the entry.