• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1276 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:33 PM

This is the place to discuss Betty Ford

#2 Guest_Rich C_*

Guest_Rich C_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:49 PM

Is this the first married couple waiting for the Reaper in the list?

#3 football_fan

football_fan

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2617 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:30 AM

Although Betty Ford is 86, there does not seem to be any report of her having a health related problem that would lead to her early demise. The latest news on her is that she has stepped down from her position at the Betty Ford Clinic and handed over the leadership position to her daughter.

Betty Ford Center leadership changes hands
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer". <br />- Robert Frost

#4 Guest_Death List Watcher_*

Guest_Death List Watcher_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:10 PM

Betty Ford's Wikipedia entry indicates that she was born in 1918, making her 87 this year, not 89.

#5 Guest_ParaDise_*

Guest_ParaDise_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:59 PM

"I'm checking in.... checking, checking in.... no more pills or alcohol...."

Long live to Betty Ford... the platonic love of my friend SERJAO... stay calm SERJAO, Betty is going to live much more years... fight for you love...

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

"I'm checking in.... checking, checking in.... no more pills or alcohol...."

Long live to Betty Ford... the platonic love of my friend SERJAO... stay calm SERJAO, Betty is going to live much more years... fight for you love...

Happy Birthday Betty! (this Fri April 8) Mrs. Ford turns 87 years old!

#7 Grim_Rita

Grim_Rita

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

I think she had cancer a few years back

#8 Guest_deathlister_*

Guest_deathlister_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:31 AM

I think she had cancer a few years back

Mrs. Ford underwent a successful masectomy in September, 1974. More than 30 years later there has been no known recurrance of her breast cancer. According a book on first ladies by some guy named Anthony, she had open heart surgery in 1987 and has suffered for many years from arthritis (the book also says she attributed that to her alcohol and drug addiction for which she was successfully treated in 1978). But at the age of 87 there have been no recent reports on the health of Betty Ford.

#9 Guest_Julie_*

Guest_Julie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:18 PM

Ms. Ford passed away June 1st.

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

So how come CNN or the BBC haven't reported her death ??? ....... she is a fairly high profile person being the wife of an Ex President of the USA !!

#11 football_fan

football_fan

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2617 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:14 PM

So how come CNN or the BBC haven't reported her death ??? ....... she is a fairly high profile person being the wife of an Ex President of the USA !!

She is still alive B)

Former first lady to receive Ford Medal for public, private works
"A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer". <br />- Robert Frost

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

She is still alive

That was my point ...........

#13 Guest_DeathLister_*

Guest_DeathLister_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

Both Gerald and Betty Ford appeared quite well at the recent award ceremony. Betty Ford obviously has quite a bit of time left; in fact, I'd advise against placing her on for another 5 years, unless something unexpected (i.e. an Alzheimer's announcement, a stroke, etc.) happens. Despite her history of alcoholism and prescription drug abuse, I would not be surprised to see Betty Ford live well into her 90s, and possibly even make it to 100.

#14 MatchstickCats Neal

MatchstickCats Neal

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:23 PM

Yeah but are you really alive if you go through life without a drink?

#15 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

MH: normal field

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6155 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:40 PM

Yeah but are you really alive if you go through life without a drink?

After Dutch poet Jan Boerstoel I'd say:

Drinking makes your head go sore
But sober living even more.

regards,
Hein

DDP 2016 team The Grey Horde (3/20): Sister Wendy, Belmondo, Bettencourt, Crowe joker.gif, Feek, Ford, Glenn, Gorbachev, Rev Graham, Kissinger, Kohl, Leonov, Madoff, Mugabe, Mushatt Jones, O'Connor, Li , Tereshkova, van der Westhuizen, Yeager
DDP 2016 theme team Minions of Xuleneb (0/20): Albert II, Andriessen, Beatrix, Bernhard, Bloembergen, Brokken, Ceulemans, de Jong, Eyskens, Grönloh, Haitink, van 't Hek, Janssen, Jean I, Krebbers, Ricksen joker.gif, Rijvers, Santer, Thielemans, Veltman
DDP 2016 theme team Next slide, please (1/20): Attenborough, Blakemore, Bodmer, Close, Conway Morris, Dawkins, Greenfield, Longair, Meurig Thomas, Morris joker.gif, Graham-Smith, Hewish, Krebs, Phillips, Rothwell, Stewart, Sulston, Wolff, Wolpert, Zeeman

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

#16 Anubis the Jackal

Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:23 PM

After American-Italian poet Dean Martin, I'd say...

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day. "
Pardon me but I got to run<br />The fact's uncommonly clear<br />I got to find who's now the number one<br />And why my angel eyes ain't here<br /><br />Excuse me while I disappear

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:20 PM

Both Gerald and Betty Ford appeared quite well at the recent award ceremony. Betty Ford obviously has quite a bit of time left; in fact, I'd advise against placing her on for another 5 years, unless something unexpected (i.e. an Alzheimer's announcement, a stroke, etc.) happens. Despite her history of alcoholism and prescription drug abuse, I would not be surprised to see Betty Ford live well into her 90s, and possibly even make it to 100.

Should Mrs. Ford die first however, the ex prez would not last very long w/out her.

#18 Banshees Scream

Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5538 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 09:30 PM

Should Mrs. Ford die first however, the ex prez would not last very long w/out her.

There is a respectable point, It also leans towards
Mr.Walter Cronkite. :angry:

#19 Grim_Rita

Grim_Rita

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:33 PM

She is still alive <_<

Former first lady to receive Ford Medal for public, private works

Makes me wonder why she's receiving this award now and didn't get it earlier seeing as all the things she's being honoured for were a while ago. Maybe she has a illness we dont know about?

#20 Canadian Paul

Canadian Paul

uber twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4133 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:48 PM

Makes me wonder why she's receiving this award now and didn't get it earlier seeing as all the things she's being honoured for were a while ago. Maybe she has a illness we dont know about?

I swear that there's some "Awards Committee" out there who gives out awards to people whenever they feel like it. I see it happen all the time where someone who hasn't done anything in a decade gets some award that I've never heard of.
Twunt Master Series (August 2007 - January 2008) (January 2008 - June 2008) (July 2008 - April 2009) (April 2009 - January 2010)

Uber Twunt Series (January 2010 - ?)

I still owe NAP

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users