Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Keep banging on about this site but when they blog the really weird stuff they're doing a public service.

Over the last few days Mr Weird and Wacky has offered up downloads of the strange and truly out there works of Stockhausen culminating in the Helicopter Quartet (yeah, seriously - a string quartet who all play whilst hovering above the audience in helicopters!)

Put it this way, it's an audio window on a world the rest of us struggle to imagine and for as long as Mr W&W is willing to share the love it's available for free: http://mrweirdandwacky.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Keep banging on about this site but when they blog the really weird stuff they're doing a public service.

Over the last few days Mr Weird and Wacky has offered up downloads of the strange and truly out there works of Stockhausen culminating in the Helicopter Quartet (yeah, seriously - a string quartet who all play whilst hovering above the audience in helicopters!)

Put it this way, it's an audio window on a world the rest of us struggle to imagine and for as long as Mr W&W is willing to share the love it's available for free: http://mrweirdandwacky.blogspot.com/

I've recently tried to start listening to Stockhausen. I haven't advanced very far though, but thanks - I'll keep that in mind.

I'm in the garden listening to someone else listening, at volume, to various Eminem tracks. It's so easy to relax, reclined, in the serene 34C sun, with a beer, to

"HI"

"MY NAME IS"

"WHAT?"

"MY NAME IS"

"WHO"

"MY NAME IS"

"CHICKA CHICKA CHICKA SLIM SHADY"

Reasons...

• Like 2

There was a period where I wasn’t a fan of Bruce Springsteen, but I’m starting to get back into him. This album is great btw: 

@Joey Russ Here's a brilliant out-take from that album.  

Played as a request at Hyde Park 2012.  This was hilarious and still makes me laugh.  I'm somewhere out in that crowd.

This is excellent. Came on a couple of minutes ago on Absolute Radio. My personal favourite of theirs.

This is a very beautiful song from an underrated singer and guitarist: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

This is a very beautiful song from an underrated singer and guitarist: 

Saw him at Oxford Town Hall many moons ago.

She's great, is Lorde. It's refreshing to see/hear a young pop star with genuine talent.

• Like 2

While I’m personally not a huge fan of her, I can agree that she definitely has much more talent than many members of the shit pop music industry today. :D 

Oh right, when people were making Lorde trend on Twitter I thought they meant these guys:

LordiTheArockalypse.jpg?fit=700,454

• Haha 1

Yep, also excellent!

Any more shares and I'll get the site to pay me a fee but

Mr Weird and Wacky is on fire today having finally located and shared a copy of the infamous Fingerless Fiddler album (pretty much what you might imagine - but he can really play)

Link: http://mrweirdandwacky.blogspot.com/?zx=8f3de6b3c7092f0d

This, because I found an unnamed copy on a custom CD from my uni days and was trying to track down which Conte track it was.

Much better than Lordi. Dr Feelgood wanted the guitarist

The Manics always liked a long song title.

• Like 2

As it turns out, that song title is absolutely nothing. This here...isn't a very good song. But it is called "Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me 11:00 On a Friday Morning to Tell Me that at 1:00 Friday Afternoon You're Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go Out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks, Not that I Wanted to Go With You, I Wasn't Able to Leave Town, I'm Not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You to Pay My Way, But After Going Out With You for Three Years I DON'T Like Surprises!! Subtitled: A Musical Apology"

• Haha 1

Robyns new song Missing U; missed her so much! :wub:

A wrestling podcast, which I mention solely to bring up that mid match discussion they made a gag about "Lawler needs to check the weather forecast from Tomasz Schafernaker", immediately causing me to do a double take and wonder if Deathray has been secretly running a wrestling podcast all this time.

28 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

As it turns out, that song title is absolutely nothing. This here...isn't a very good song. But it is called "Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me 11:00 On a Friday Morning to Tell Me that at 1:00 Friday Afternoon You're Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go Out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks, Not that I Wanted to Go With You, I Wasn't Able to Leave Town, I'm Not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You to Pay My Way, But After Going Out With You for Three Years I DON'T Like Surprises!! Subtitled: A Musical Apology"

A shit song with a long song title? Here’s another one (I find it quite amusing tbh). 

• Like 1

While on the subject of song titles, one of the most intriguing bands in the world has got to be the Metal Grindcore band Anal Cunt. The purposefully shocking titles of their songs beggar belief - just look up the tracklist of their 1999 album 'It Just Gets Worse'. Actually, if you're easily upset, don't.

Not to say, of course, that the album is necessarily worth listening to, or any song of that genre for that matter. But here's an example of it, the opening track of the aforementioned album, 'I Became A Counsellor So I Could Tell Rape Victims They Asked For It'.

Not to your taste? How about the penultimate track, 'I Sold Your Dog To A Chinese Restaurant'?