Guest Goonish Grin

Norman Wisdom

Is Norman Wisdom dead yet?

He's taking his time about it.

British comedians are a goldmine for death

I hear Sid Little is unwell ...... :lol:

Any Evidence? Was it in the Sun?

Norman Wisdom is still very much alive.

Sid Little is unwell? Finally! There is a God!!!

If only.. just only someone might hear my prayers and one of the Krankies might get struck down by some illness

If Sid Little was to pop off soon it would be an interesting example of the thin going before the fat.

Because, as far as diet-gurus tell us, Eddie Large should die first, Ball should go before cannon, and Pavarotti should go before the other two tenors.

It normally happens - look at Morcambe and Wise - Morcambe went years before.

And Arthur Lowe went before John Le Mesurier - who would have thought it!

Is Norman Wisdom dead yet?

He's taking his time about it.

British comedians are a goldmine for death

I hear Sid Little is unwell ...... :lol:

Any Evidence? Was it in the Sun?

Seeing as his career died many years ago,

it's only appropriate that he should follow suit.

Sid Little has been suffering from unfunnyitis for years

I heard Bobby Ball wasn't well last year, I forget what he was suffering from. Although he made a recovery. I'd have to dig around and see if I can find the article

If only.. just only someone might hear my prayers and one of the Krankies might get struck down by some illness

Wee Jimmy Krankie was nearly crushed to death by a beanstalk in a Xmas production of 'Jack & The Beanstalk' when it collapsed on stage last year.

Unfortunately he/she has now recovered and they are planning a comeback.

The guy in Krankies is married to Wee Jimmy Krankie Woman - i suspect this relationship is not entirely healthy.

:lol:

you can buy their album from their Website

Norman's 91st birthday tomorrow

I remember seeing an interview with him a couple of years ago on GMTV where he said if he died tomorrow he's achieved the last thing he wanted to do which was have a #1 single. and he did, he teamed up with comedian Tony Hawks and they had a #1 hit single in Albania :pop:

I remember seeing an interview with him a couple of years ago on GMTV where he said if he died tomorrow he's achieved the last thing he wanted to do which was have a #1 single. and he did, he teamed up with comedian Tony Hawks and they had a #1 hit single in Albania :pop:

He was offered the Albanian throne, I seem to remember, but turned it down.

Why on earth would you turn down the chance to be a monarch, I ask???

King Norman I of Albania

that would have been a great title for him. He'd have been the only monarch of Albania to have topped the charts

I remember seeing an interview with him a couple of years ago on GMTV where he said if he died tomorrow he's achieved the last thing he wanted to do which was have a #1 single. and he did, he teamed up with comedian Tony Hawks and they had a #1 hit single in Albania  :pop:

Did they get to number one? I read that book (big Tony Hawks fan here) and I thought they got to number 18

He said in the interview that they got to #1, I didn't follow up on any research

If you've read the book, I'm more inclined to believe you :pop:

Perhaps they got to number one afterwards. The bet only involved them getting to a top 20 hit so when that was achieved Tony finished the book. As I say they may eventually have got to number one

I'll have to give google a go and see if there are listings for the Albanian pop charts. Can you remember roughly when the single was released?

I think it was 2001 but I' not sure. They recorded it under the name Norman Wisdom and the Pitkins

I remember seeing an interview with him a couple of years ago on GMTV where he said if he died tomorrow he's achieved the last thing he wanted to do which was have a #1 single. and he did, he teamed up with comedian Tony Hawks and they had a #1 hit single in Albania  :pop:

Did they get to number one? I read that book (big Tony Hawkes fan here) and I thought they got to number 18

Yeah! Tony Hawk is a legend!

His Nollie Heel Flip 540 is sick, dude! ;)

I've read the book. It's called "One Hit Wonderland" or something.

I think the bet was to get in the top ten, or twenty but I can't really remember.

Tim Rice was involved.

I remember seeing an interview with him a couple of years ago on GMTV where he said if he died tomorrow he's achieved the last thing he wanted to do which was have a #1 single. and he did, he teamed up with comedian Tony Hawks and they had a #1 hit single in Albania ;)

Did they get to number one? I read that book (big Tony Hawkes fan here) and I thought they got to number 18

Yeah! Tony Hawk is a legend!

His Nollie Heel Flip 540 is sick, dude! :lol:

What a noble cause... :pop:

Seriously, I wonder how much money has gone into skateparks that could have gone into cancer research...

The Tony Hawk Foundation seeks to foster lasting improvements in society, with an emphasis on helping children. Through grants and other charitable donations, the foundation supports programs focusing on the creation of public skateboard parks, and other causes. The foundation favors programs that clearly demonstrate that funds received will produce tangible, ongoing, positive results.

There has got to be a million ways that are better than building skateparks to help children.

Guest Guest

I knew Tony Hawks was the man behind Morris Minor & The Majors but was he also the one behind Dicky Heart & The Pacemakers?

Guest Guest

They're two different people just happening to have the same name

Well thanks for that, er, anecdote. If you fail to remember anything else interesting make sure you stop by and let us know ;)