Guest Goonish Grin

Norman Wisdom

My brother had norman wisdom's phone number once

Sounds like a good thread to start up. DLer's brushes with fame.

I knew that :lol:

So did I ;)

Neither of you did.

Tony Hawk is a skateboarder.

Tony Hawks is a comedian.

I knew that :lol:

So did I ;)

Neither of you did.

sq-tony-hawk-headshot-cutie.giftony_hawks.gif

Tony Hawk .............. Tony Hawks, quite similar looking really.

Norman Wisdom tried to steal my suitcase once. Not sure if I've mentioned that before.

Oh and it's Tony Hawks the comedian that I'm a fan of.

John Kettley is a Weatherman.

And so is Michael Fish.

052245.jpg

f****n' Hell!! It's Fred Titmus

John Kettley is a Weatherman.

And so is Michael Fish.

laughing.giflaughing.gifhysterical.giflaughing.gif

Norman Wisdom tried to steal my suitcase once. Not sure if I've mentioned that before.

Come on, don't let that one pass without further elucidation! Spill the beans.

Seriously, I wonder how much money has gone into skateparks that could have gone into cancer research...

The Tony Hawk Foundation seeks to foster lasting improvements in society, with an emphasis on helping children. Through grants and other charitable donations, the foundation supports programs focusing on the creation of public skateboard parks, and other causes. The foundation favors programs that clearly demonstrate that funds received will produce tangible, ongoing, positive results.

There has got to be a million ways that are better than building skateparks to help children.

I disagree, CP. Watching the news last night, there was a report on the chaos, mayhem and slaughter in the Democratic Republic of Congo. My first thought... a couple of half-pipes, covered in graffiti and surrounded by broken bottles of Bacardi Breezer and spliff-butts would sort those kids out no end. God bless those brave and hardy souls taking fannying about on a plank of wood on wheels to the huddled masses.

Norman Wisdom: 91 years young today!
Norman's 91st birthday tomorrow

According to some sources it's Feb 2nd, Wiki also doesn't seem definite on this crucial matter.

Local newspapers here say it's 2nd Feb

Come on, don't let that one pass without further elucidation! Spill the beans.

It's not very interesting really. It was when I first came to the island and Norman was on the same flight as me. he was stood next to me and we were waiting for our suitcases. I spotted mine and went to grab when he went for it too. It was as big as him almost so he struggled, then his PA called him over as his suitcase had arrived and he winked at me. I don't know if he was trying to steal it or help me with it or if he thought it was his suitcase but it was rather bizarre.

Maybe he was trying to cause madcap comedic mayhem by struggling with you, accidentally busting the zip on the case and strewing the contents all over the place in a loveable but inept attempt to help.

Tosser.

You know I think you've hit the nail on the head there

His former housekeeper is taking him to court over unfair dismissal. I wonder how this might prove to his health

He's a luvvie to his bones. He'll probably do his pathetic skating mime and clowing around with a cap when he's giving evidence, enjoy every second and come out with a spring in his step, even if he loses.

I think he'll be fine. Rosa Parks outlasted her legal problems by a few years, and she was in way worse shape than Wisdom...

I think he'll be fine. Rosa Parks outlasted her legal problems by a few years, and she was in way worse shape than Wisdom...

I suspect she had no idea what was going on anyway. I thought she suffered from dementia?

Wisdom has been playing the idiot for so long it'd be ironic to the point of hilarious if he got dementia. Might take people a while to cotton on.

I suspect she had no idea what was going on anyway. I thought she suffered from dementia?

Thought who suffered from dementia?