Joey Russ

Who will win the Democratic Nomination for President in 2020?

Who’s going to win the nomination   

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

states of more color? (US spelling deliberate).

Surely Sanders loses to Trump - because Sanders and Sanders VP both have to be electable due to his heart attack. No one can have faith that a 79 year old man (by time of elections) is good for 4 years of being POTUS and so his VP also needs to be good enough which gives Trump two people to attack.

So may as well have Buttejej.

Demographically challenged was right there, hours later.

Anyhow, it is what it is - the vote isn't decided in New Hampshire, it's in places with far more black, hispanic and Asian voters (eg Georgia, the Carolinas). And Mayor Pete was bloody tanking with them in the polls, to the point black voters seem to prefer the guy who promoted Stop and Frisk to him. At the moment I can only see him crashing and burning in a few weeks like...Rick Santorum and other names I can't remember before him who did well in the first 2 or 3 then fuck all.

I heard that Andrew Yang ended his run for President.

It was the first time I’d ever heard of Andrew Yang.

42 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I heard that Andrew Yang ended his run for President.

It was the first time I’d ever heard of Andrew Yang.

Shame he didn’t offer you 1k bro...

Amy is a bit of a dark horse.One to watch  although I favour Pete personally. 

PS Could someone anyone on here please do me a quick favour?I would be very grateful. 

Just please send me a quick private message.It does not need to contain anything noteworthy it's just that I need to test my gmail notifications as they may be playing up a little. 

Much appreciated in advance :)

Oh DNC. This is why many people despise you...

Trump’s gotta be lovin this circus.

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Won’t be Deval Patrick - and no I never heard of him either.  

NOOOOO! Some random nobody dropped out of the race. :( 

Many months ago I had high expectations of how Elizabeth Warren would perform but fairing so poorly in New Hampshire, a state next to her home state and of a political character most suited to her was a real eye opener. Why did it go so wrong for her?

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Many months ago I had high expectations of how Elizabeth Warren would perform but fairing so poorly in New Hampshire, a state next to her home state and of a political character most suited to her was a real eye opener. Why did it go so wrong for her?

Honestly it’s quite simple. She backed off of Medicare for All and then she went the SJW route, which also backfired on her. Basically, many folk didn’t think she was truly a progressive anymore (myself included in that btw). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Honestly it’s quite simple. She backed off of Medicare for All and then she went the SJW route, which also backfired on her. Basically, many folk didn’t think she was truly a progressive anymore (myself included in that btw). 

Any other factors?I recall a Twitter storm about her not too long ago because she was involved in a row over trans rights ?Or am I confusing her with someone else? Accusations she wasn't truly a feminist because of her trans stance?

The US progressive voter is nearly fully uniting behind Bernie so far. That's basically it.

• Like 2

She also wasted a debate trying to make a big song and dance about wine caves (Buttigieg's fundraisers).

Voters don't care that Bloomberg (a former republican) is pumping hundreds of millions of his own money into his campaign. So they certainly didn't care a small town mayor tried to raise money by meeting with wealthy people who want a democrat to win and liked what he had to say.

She's in more trouble than Biden. 

On 12/02/2020 at 07:39, theoldlady said:

I think you might be right here. Wonder who Killary would choose as her VP? She would have unlimited funding from both Bloomberg and the Clinton Foundation. You will need a spear to stop those reptiles.

Anyone but Sanders and Biden would consider it. I know it’s a long shot, but I think her ambition is unrelenting. If she sits this one out, she won’t have a chance again. 

• Thanks 1

On 17/02/2020 at 04:04, HDS said:

Anyone but Sanders and Biden would consider it. I know it’s a long shot, but I think her ambition is unrelenting. If she sits this one out, she won’t have a chance again. 

Even worse could be if Bloomberg becomes President, Killary the VP. Then about 3-6 months after taking office Bloomberg either croaks or quits `due to health reasons`. Killary becomes the President and Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, becomes the VP! :o

Well, if there is going to be a Hillary / Pelosi government, I hope they'll figure out how I, as a man, can finally get an abortion. I will be very disappointed if they fail me.

• Haha 1

On 18/02/2020 at 12:55, gcreptile said:

Well, if there is going to be a Hillary / Pelosi government, I hope they'll figure out how I, as a man, can finally get an abortion. I will be very disappointed if they fail me.

simple - go to the bin behind the abortion clinic and go get you one.

Early results in Nevada is showing that Bernie Sanders is dominating so far. Like, a lot of the networks shows him winning by 20 - 30% points so far. Definitely interesting to watch...

Bernie wins Nevada: 

I'm finally weighing in on this.  Meant to yesterday but I didn't think about it till now.... 
Sanders ftw.  And no nothing to do with a measly win in Nevada.  Rather his response v all the other candidates re Superdelgates.  He was on the right side of history, it will be shown.  And his reward: The nomination.
SC

• Like 2

South Carolina is tomorrow, and I’m expecting Biden to win that state. But then two days after that is Super Tuesday, which is really going to change the overall state of the race. I’m probably going to make an overall prediction on Monday for each state, but for a bit of a sneak peak on how I’m feeling, let’s look at this poll from Massachusetts...

If this holds, she’s done.