Joey Russ

The 5th Crowdsource Deathlist (2020 edition)

On 12/12/2019 at 03:44, Joey Russ said:

there is one name who's been on the list for a while that might be at risk of not making the top 50/getting DQ'd. They aren't really that A list either, which may lead to some voters forgetting about them.

I'm guessing Cardin, unexciting pick who no one seems very interested in. But I know you won't confirm or deny :-)

44 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

But I know you won't confirm or deny :-)

DsLlSc1PzOKbu.gif

6 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

I'm guessing Cardin, unexciting pick who no one seems very interested in. But I know you won't confirm or deny :-)

Cardin is a very good guess. He's 97, but looks quite healthy for his age and tmk he hasn't really been in ill health (at least to the public's knowledge) other than a couple falls. Wasn't gonna have him on my list, however his age and notability makes it difficult. 

My only other clue is to reread the thing that is quoted, and then look at the crowdsource list top 50 again. That might give you a better idea on who that might be... 

From Post 1:

10a) Our actual collated list will stick to the "25 from the previous year" rule.

The "25 from the previous year" includes Deathlist Hit #12 for 2019. Who's the substitute for Clive James?

A more serious suggestion mine my usual types.....

95 year old psephologist David Butler.

Sir Creep and Joey Russ will probably be along to go 'Who?' in a minute but to anyone British this is 'that bloke who used to do John Curtice's job back when it were black and white and pops up during elections' the man who co-invented the swingometer and was a mainstay of election night coverage between 1950 to 1979, he worked with the late great Anthony King. As well as being the man with the stats for nine successive election nights he has produced a huge body of work on electoral phenomenons in the United Kingdom. He will obit no issues. He made a surprise reappearance as a twitter commentator in  2017,  but did not in the most recent election last week and seems to have been quite throughout the campaign. This man is the definition of a Deathlist type pick. Come on guys.

DavidButler3_3256003b.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kinnock said:

A more serious suggestion mine my usual types.....

95 year old psephologist David Butler.

Sir Creep and Joey Russ will probably be along to go 'Who?' in a minute but to anyone British this is 'that bloke who used to do John Curtice's job back when it were black and white and pops up during elections' the man who co-invented the swingometer and was a mainstay of election night coverage between 1950 to 1979, he worked with the late great Anthony King. As well as being the man with the stats for nine successive election nights he has produced a huge body of work on electoral phenomenons in the United Kingdom. He will obit no issues. He made a surprise reappearance as a twitter commentator in  2017,  but did not in the most recent election last week and seems to have been quite throughout the campaign. This man is the definition of a Deathlist type pick. Come on guys.

DavidButler3_3256003b.jpg

Yeah, I've heard of David Butler, not a bad shout. 

Except it is obviously, because that'd be far too "UK-centric".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I would like to recommend David Prowse for peoples consideration. 

Huh. You look different with shirt on.

photo-thumb-11060.jpg

• Haha 2

Just a reminder that there’s about 2 weeks left to submit a crowdsource entry. Yes, we are really that close to the new year already...

• Like 2

Alrighty, did another snapshot of the current crowdsource standings right before I expect the largest amount of lists to come in, and let me tell you, some interesting stuff is happening within the list. First, as a bit of amusement, 1 and 2 are exactly the same as last time except in flipped positions, 3 and 4 are also exactly the same except in flipped positions, and then there’s 5 and 6. You know what happened? Yep. Exactly the same except flipped positions. The trend ends there though and there are some notable shifts occurring from the last time I did a snapshot of the list. There are a couple of names I’m really surprised they are doing well. I guess there are occasionally the super shock names that show up on the list. One other thing of note, there are a couple of established crowdsource bed blockers who are as of now at legitimate risk of falling off the list. And not your first or second time members who’ll stick around for a while. Actual names who have been on the list for the past 3 or 4 years aren’t doing too well right now. This is a heads up in case any fans out there of these folk want some of these names to stay on, cause they might not be on the list in 2020. You have been warned...

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Alrighty, did another snapshot of the current crowdsource standings right before I expect the largest amount of lists to come in, and let me tell you, some interesting stuff is happening within the list. First, as a bit of amusement, 1 and 2 are exactly the same as last time except in flipped positions, 3 and 4 are also exactly the same except in flipped positions, and then there’s 5 and 6. You know what happened? Yep. Exactly the same except flipped positions. The trend ends there though and there are some notable shifts occurring from the last time I did a snapshot of the list. There are a couple of names I’m really surprised they are doing well. I guess there are occasionally the super shock names that show up on the list. One other thing of note, there are a couple of established crowdsource bed blockers who are as of now at legitimate risk of falling off the list. And not your first or second time members who’ll stick around for a while. Actual names who have been on the list for the past 3 or 4 years aren’t doing too well right now. This is a heads up in case any fans out there of these folk want some of these names to stay on, cause they might not be on the list in 2020. You have been warned...

I know you wont tell but I suspect you are refer to Jimmy Greaves, Pierre Cardin and Leslie Phillips?!

I do hope there is some new female names on the eventual list especially the increasingly frail Julie Goodyear who  I have given enough hints about on here:D as well the Queen of technicolor golden era Hollywood Rhonda Fleming!

Well, considering one of them never made the list on here and one of them are in their debutant year, I suspect you might want to reconsider some of your options...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, considering one of them never made the list on here and one of them are in their debutant year, I suspect you might want to reconsider some of your options...

Oh I was convinced Jimmy Greaves was on the list!

Pope Benedict.....

Martin Peters had 70 points when he died, and as such his points has been scattered down...

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Martin Peters had 70 points when he died, and as such his points has been scattered down...

Would have been on my 2020 list as well- which i am submitting on new year eve as i missed hawke last year

Tony Britton was at 62 when he died, and as such his points are being subbed in now...

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone. Just a reminder there’s still about 7 days to go to submit a crowdsource entry...

• Like 1

Something quick I need to mention. Once you submit in a list for the crowdsource list, that is it. Even if you think you got the fame requirements of the list wrong, that list is still getting entered if it’s the first list is entered. This also includes changing up the order of the list and such. Only possible changes I will allow is changes to the subs benches, which won’t affect the overall score. I think this is why a lot of people wait to last minute, so they don’t have to deal with potentially ordering a name wrong or something like that. 

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Something quick I need to mention. Once you submit in a list for the crowdsource list, that is it. Even if you think you got the fame requirements of the list wrong, that list is still getting entered if it’s the first list is entered. This also includes changing up the order of the list and such. Only possible changes I will allow is changes to the subs benches, which won’t affect the overall score. I think this is why a lot of people wait to last minute, so they don’t have to deal with potentially ordering a name wrong or something like that. 

There's fame requirements for this thing? :scratchhead::lol:;)

13 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

There's fame requirements for this thing? :scratchhead::lol:;)

No, there aren't. Although if I notice a super obvious FFBI/fringe name that had no place on the list at all, I may try to speak out to try to stop them from make the list. Thankfully that has never happened, and hopefully we will never have to deal with that (I trust the forum on not picking a bunch of super fringey names btw, but just in case that ever happens in the future)… 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

No, there aren't. Although if I notice a super obvious FFBI/fringe name that had no place on the list at all, I may try to speak out to try to stop them from make the list. Thankfully that has never happened, and hopefully we will never have to deal with that (I trust the forum on not picking a bunch of super fringey names btw, but just in case that ever happens in the future)… 

Could just ignore the picks and push the points up the list. 

Been waiting to send in your crowdsource list? Well, you got under 72 hours to go. Just a heads up, the entry period for crowdsource submission ends 3 hours before the new year UK time (so I have time to officially set up the list around midnight), so keep that in mind if you’re waiting to be a very last minute entrant.