Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

I can't find your old post on Rader do you still remember his age? I updated Fletcher's IMDB page just now and explaining the issue hopefully that will be fixed. I wonder what really happened Fletcher?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cgay said:

I can't find your old post on Rader do you still remember his age? I updated Fletcher's IMDB page just now and explaining the issue hopefully that will be fixed. I wonder what really happened Fletcher?

Jack Lewis Rader was born on January 2, 1937 in Nebraska, and was still living in Lancaster, California several years ago.

The newspaper clipping was previously available at the below link, but it now appears to be broken and my attempt to fix it using the Internet Archive has failed:
http://legacy.lib.utexas.edu/taro/utlsc/00026/00026-P.html 

From memory, the article spoke about Rader's acting career. It also identified early bodybuilder Peary Rader (wiki, 1909–1991) as his father.

EDIT: Jack Rader was still responding to fan mail in September 2023 as per Star Tiger, so most likely still alive.

Thank you for info

• Like 1

I was able to update both actors pages on imdb 

You can see they fixed them but how long will they stay I don't know

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0705333/

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281950/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Bill Fletcher probably passed away years ago. He was acting all the time then just stopped in 83 I am guessing he passed away around then with out knowing his full name and birthdate it will be hard to track down

• Thanks 1

Would I be right in believing that the pigeon trainer Horace Potts, who struck up a friendship with Mike Tyson in the early 2000s leading to this memorable photograph, is the same Horace Potts who died in 2011? That brief obituary is in the Express and Star, and Potts himself was from Walsall. Also, Company House has two business listed for a Horace Potts from Walsall, both of which were dissolved in 2010 which would fit in with declining health. Lots of boxing publications, when adding some colour to a Tyson story, talk about Potts in the present tense, but why would a boxing journalist keep tabs on the living status of an obscure pigeon fancier? 

• Like 2

American sound engineer Robert L. Hoyt (Wiki) who won an Academy Award for Best Sound for the film Jaws, died on September 9, 2012 at the age of 86

image.png.2fc81cab8a05dceb9398ee14b765dda7.png

IMG_20240613_205936_506.jpg.df883a3e3fc3f515a1befeef06dab1d3.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

It doesn't really matter,  but I found out that world's fastest talker Steve Woodmore did eventually receive a QO, on Feb 29th of this year, so after the year he died:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13140461/UKs-fastest-talking-cities-Leicester.html

That claim to the record is strongly questioned by John Moschitta Jr., who held the record for years - and his argument is rather convincing. He's certainly the fastest talker who can do it for a prolonged period (more than a minute or so)., without mistakes or leaving a sentence out - which he implies Woodmore (and possibly Shannon, who currently holds the record to my knowledge) did on more than one occasion...

14 minutes ago, Comped said:

That claim to the record is strongly questioned by John Moschitta Jr., who held the record for years - and his argument is rather convincing. He's certainly the fastest talker who can do it for a prolonged period (more than a minute or so)., without mistakes or leaving a sentence out - which he implies Woodmore (and possibly Shannon, who currently holds the record to my knowledge) did on more than one occasion...

Yeah, there's (was) some beef between them. It hit the news occasionally. 

On 12/07/2020 at 10:02, Handrejka said:

I have never heard of her, or them, but it seems Alex Taylor of The Shop Assistants died in 2005 and it's only just been reported. 

https://www.backseatmafia.com/news-shop-assistants-singer-reported-to-have-died/

Another indie singer/musician, Andrea Heukamp who was a founding member of The House of Love and sang on early tracks like Shine On, appears to have died in 2022 in Germany. I know nobody will be interested so I won’t bother linking the chat about it, just thought it was worth mentioning. I loved the original version of Shine On, so maybe I’ll post that instead. Blimey, Guy Chadwick is 68!

• Like 1

On 10/04/2024 at 15:30, La Tombe said:

Does someone knows if Yvonne Furneaux French-British actress, aged 97 is alive ? 
All I know is that she is widowed since the death of French husband Jacques Natteau in 2007 years and she lives in Lausanne (Switzerland). But I don’t know is she is alive because there are no recent photo or interviews of her.

Breaking news about Yvonne Furneaux…It seems that she has died early July at 98, in the US where she actually lived. (an other French actress passing away these year, what a sad year for French cinema). 
I’m very confident about the sources I quote…but if you have more information about her, please tell it !

An other source pretty accurate

https://mailchi.mp/indepthnh/notable-nh-deaths-air-national-guard-commander-french-actress-yvonne-furneaux?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2u_MR0nOCM5-po2TvznvlZmKlR5CZPigsT0-u-XixA6uQlKkDfqR6ny2s_aem_DaXPScRwsugOiQjw1jl32A

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 3

What a shock, @Ulitzer95 is she notable for an Hollywood Reporter obit?

If you want any infos about French mysterious celebrities….I am your man or your French Sherlock Holmes !

• Like 1

She was a huge name... and it's a huge disappointment she did not get obits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

She has been in some of the most significant movies of the last century... La Dolce Vita, Repulsion and others.

A proper obit would be Guardian or NYT.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, La Tombe said:

If you want any infos about French mysterious celebrities….I am your man or your French Sherlock Holmes !

What are the latest news on Geneviève Page and Brigitte Auber?

Two other big names who could go off radar.

4 minutes ago, drol said:

What are the latest news on Geneviève Page and Brigitte Auber?

Two other big names who could go off radar.

there really isnt any but all things point to them both being alive.

I am re-posting this list, since I have added several more names of film people I cannot seem to trace. Anyone have any ideas of whether living or deceased?

1. Andreas Markos (Anglo-Greek actor, on British screens 1957-2001)

2. Harry Booth (English TV director, noted for On the Buses, active 1960-77)

3. Claudette Thornton (Hollywood starlet, active 1949-53) possibly born 1932

4. Gerald Vaughn-Hughes (British screenwriter, famous for The Duellists)

5. James D. Buchanan, American TV screenwriter (Charlie's Angels, McCloud, Mission: Impossible etc.) Active to 1993.

6. 'Ducky' Louie (Chinese-American actor, in films 1943-51) born 1931 alive in 2019

7. Carmen de Lucio (b.1920) leading Spanish actress (1934-64)

8. Brenda Hogan (British actress, active 1948-81) born 1928

9. Nyra Monsour (Hollywood actress, active 1954-62), born 1934

10. Giovanni D'eramo b. 1921 (Italian writer/director)

11. John Goddard (American TV actor, born 1927, apparently on screen last in 1992)

12. Clare Austin (English actress, born in London 1930 (?), active 1954-71)

13. Jacqueline Duval b. 1932 (French-American actress)

14. Joyce McCluskey (b. 1928 American actress)

15. Helen Stirling (British actress, active 1947-2005)

16. Luisa Barratto (aka Liz Barrett) Italian actress, active 1965-69

17. Mirella Maravidi Italian actress, active 1964-67

18. Hugh Sullivan (English actor) active 1958-1991

19. Dennis McMullen (Topeka-born American actor, active 1957-2000) Has a bio on IMDB, but written some time ago.was still alive in 2011

20. Diane Cassidy (American, b.1932) made six film appearances, all in 1952, then disappeared

21. Muriel Lawrence (American, b.1930) active 1951-53

American actress Carla Balenda (Wiki) who appeared during the Golden Age of Hollywood in numerous classic films between 40s and 50s, died completely off radar on April 9, 2024, in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA at the age of 98.

I already submitted her death to IMDb, unfortunately one of the last surviving actresses from the class of 1925. RIP

image.thumb.png.05b8dc2f2dd3c4e990c23ca71d0fd1b5.png

IMG_20240718_193552_403.jpg.b995aa025b97f2a0683d84224543f360.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Imhotep said:

I am re-posting this list, since I have added several more names of film people I cannot seem to trace. Anyone have any ideas of whether living or deceased?

19. Dennis McMullen (Topeka-born American actor, active 1957-2000) Has a bio on IMDB, but written some time ago.

It's not much help, but Dennis McMullen was alive as of 2011, when the most recent photo was taken: https://www.facebook.com/dennis.mcmullen.733/

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

American actress Carla Balenda (Wiki) who appeared during the Golden Age of Hollywood in numerous classic films between 40s and 50s, died completely off radar on April 9, 2024, in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA at the age of 98.

I already submitted her death to IMDb, unfortunately one of the last surviving actresses from the class of 1925. RIP

image.thumb.png.05b8dc2f2dd3c4e990c23ca71d0fd1b5.png

IMG_20240718_193552_403.jpg.b995aa025b97f2a0683d84224543f360.jpg

How can I access to this website ?