Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

On 13/12/2022 at 21:55, Ulitzer95 said:

Excellent spot Goose.

Similarly I'd like to know if the following are alive if anyone has a sharper eye than me. A few we've covered on here before now. A few are new names:

Sylvia Thorpe (wiki), 96, British romance novelist
Margaret Storey (wiki), 96, British children's writer
Kate Sedley (wiki), 96, British historical novelist
Bernard Long (wiki), 96, British book illustrator and comic artist
Rosie Harris (wiki), 97, British romance novelist (alive in 2015)
Nancy Buckingham (wiki), 98, British gothic and romance novelist
Eric von Gotha (wiki), 98, British illustrator and comic artist
Margaret Crosland (wiki), 102, British biographer and translator

British historical romance novelist Bill Spence (wiki, aka Jessica Blair), 98, I imagine is most certainly still with us as he was covered in the media as recently as 2020.

British romance novelist Katharine Gordon (wiki) would be 107 now so I imagine long dead, but she travelled and lived across the world throughout her life so uncovering a record of death would prove difficult.

Update of two of the names above.

Sylvia Thorpe (wiki) died on 15 January 2023, aged 96.
Kate Sedley (wiki) died on 28 February 2022, aged 95.

Both now appear in the Probate records, though there is also an obit of sorts for Sedley here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

According to the tributes and comments on this page .popular British novelist Susan Sallis died in 2020.Another comment posted on a googles group page also has a family friend confirm Sue died.I dont believe she has a wikipedia page, which surprises me, but it seems she died off the radar over 3 years ago aged 91.

With great sadness we... - All Saints East Clevedon Church | Facebook

9th comment in and posted by  EP

Is she dead? UK novelist Susan Sallis (google.com)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

According to the tributes and comments on this page .popular British novelist Susan Sallis died in 2020.Another comment posted on a googles group page also has a family friend confirm Sue died.I dont believe she has a wikipedia page, which surprises me, but it seems she died off the radar over 3 years ago aged 91.

And if you don't believe them, her publisher Penguin notes that she did indeed die in 2020.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Just needed to add, and I dont know how I made this mistake or mix up, but Susan Sallis DOES have a Wikipedia page , it came up on my computer in a foreign language before I pressed translate, but it DOES'NT state that she has died.I must have been half asleep or something wrongly believing she had no wiki page.

Excellent spot Goose.

Similarly I'd like to know if the following are alive if anyone has a sharper eye than me. A few we've covered on here before now. A few are new names:

British historical romance novelist Bill Spence (wiki, aka Jessica Blair), 98, I imagine is most certainly still with us as he was covered in the media as recently as 2020.

British romance novelist Katharine Gordon (wiki) would be 107 now so I imagine long dead, but she travelled and lived across the world throughout her life so uncovering a record of death would prove difficult.

Nancy Buckingham died on 8 September 2022 (aged 98) as per death record. Last residence was Scarborough.

It's a real possibility that all of the authors above could have died off radar.

With thanks to @Master Obit once again for this.

Excellent spot Goose.

Margaret Storey (wiki) died on 28 September 2022 (aged 96) as per death record here.

With thanks to @Master Obit once again.

On Bernard Long, I've done a bit of digging this morning (after opening a bunch of eclectic presents) and uncovered thus:

There were three Bernard Longs born in 1926 in E/W/S - one in Barrow-in-Furness, one in West Derby, and one in Basford. There are two registered deaths of Bernard Longs that I can find - one in 2000 in Cumbria and one in 2013 in Manchester. This means that the one from Basford, born Bernard D Long, could still be alive. Unfortunately, it is rather impossible to narrow down which is the "real" Bernard Long without any specific information on him.

• Thanks 1

On 24/06/2023 at 01:41, whoismakoto said:

Me too @Gisooo, maybe he can help find some answers to these people:

Luisa Garella (born 1921)

Italian actress Luisa Garella (Wikidead in 1983

Born in 1913 not 1921

• Like 1

British animator Bill Hajee (imdb) may have died on 12 October 2008 in Wyoming, USA. Based on the comments section of this blog post, he traveled back forth between USA and UK. He even had a company in UK.

31 minutes ago, whoismakoto said:

British animator Bill Hajee (imdb) may have died on 12 October 2008 in Wyoming, USA. Based on the comments section of this blog post, he traveled back forth between USA and UK. He even had a company in UK.

Yeah that's him. His death record says "last residence: U.S. Consulate (London)".

... whoever he was.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 18:45, Gisooo said:

Jon Rumney has been active in signing autographs, the last time was 2018. Since then, nothing, anyway he is still active in movies and series, plus now in 2022 he appeared in an episode. His death may one day be covered by the press or Equity Magazine.

Jon Rumney apparently died last June.

• Like 1

Georgia "Georgie" Davis of the Davis Sisters (who joined Skeeter Davis after Georgia's younger sister Betty Jack tragically passed away in a 1953 car crash), has passed away in 2022.

(the link doesn't work for EU, you can use a VPN, but I'm sending a screenshot below)

image.thumb.png.c1309dbaa9194d40e5e5a8c04d8f6378.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/05/2023 at 18:24, Ulitzer95 said:

I've updated the page for Russ Witte. If you can find anything for the other three, let me know. 

I agree in regards to Jiro Tanaka. Just like Makoto Ogawa (wiki), likely deceased but not made public.

I disagree with Steve Lu and Wesley P. Dahlberg.

Dahlberg is still listed as living and resident in California (aged 105) according to MyLife and searchpeoplefree. Maybe @Gisooo can check Accurint?

Steve Lu was definitely still alive in 2015, and his website was renewed as recently as 2022, with a contact form for him still in use on there.

Here's your answer on Wesley P. Dahlberg (wiki), @arghton.

He WAS alive at the time of our discussion, but died on November 1, 2023, aged 106. Obituary here.

dahlberg.jpg.20158bc559eb35769fb7a0a7cac240ff.jpg

• Like 2

On 24/06/2023 at 01:41, whoismakoto said:

Sandro Moretti (Wikidead in 2021 in Monaco

Giorgio Cerioni dead in 2008, born 1928

• Like 2

Either a case of dying off the radar or the family deciding not to disclose the death until now, but Emmy-award winning producer John Bush, whose credits include 'The Simpons' and 'Family Guy', died November 23rd of last year. He was 69. The death is being reported today (January 24th).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/john-bush-dead-simpsons-1235805572/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Either a case of dying off the radar or the family deciding not to disclose the death until now, but Emmy-award winning producer John Bush, whose credits include 'The Simpons' and 'Family Guy', died November 23rd of last year. He was 69. The death is being reported today (January 24th).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/john-bush-dead-simpsons-1235805572/

You would think considering his production history and work with Disney and Disney connected entities, that something would have been said by now...

• Like 1

He was a Film Roman VP for four-five years, that isn't generally the type of thing that people scramble to write obits for. He worked under Lolee Aries, who also had two more Emmys than him (and a Wiki page), and her death got nothing outside of Facebook.

• Like 2

Apologies if already mentioned, but the search engine suggested otherwise (though we had discussed him several times in the past).

John Clark (wiki), prominent British actor (and a child actor of the Golden Age of Hollywood), died off radar in California on 6 July 2023, aged 90.

Played Just William on stage and radio in the 1940s, and was married to actresses Lynn Redgrave (1943–2010) and Kay Hawtrey (1926–2021).

Mention of death herehere and here.

article-0-006576E800000258-353_233x377.jpg.6890a9debf38a0a628fa216d55a3144d.jpg

• Like 7