Spade_Cooley

Dying Off The Radar

Does anyone know whether any of these people have died off the radar ?

1. Andreas Markos (Anglo-Greek actor, on British screens 1957-2001)

2. Harry Booth (English TV director, noted for On the Buses, active 1960-77)

3. Claudette Thornton (Hollywood starlet, active 1949-53) possibly born 1932

4. Gerald Vaughn-Hughes (British screenwriter, famous for The Duellists)

5.  James D. Buchanan, American TV screenwriter (Charlie's Angels, McCloud, Mission: Impossible etc.) Active to 1993.

6. 'Ducky' Louie (Chinese-American actor, in films 1943-51) born 1931

7. Carmen de Lucio (b.1920) leading Spanish actress (1934-64)

8. Brenda Hogan (British actress, active 1948-81) born 1928

9. Nyra Monsour (Hollywood actress, active 1954-62), born 1934

10. Giovanni D'eramo b. 1921 (Italian writer/director)

11. John Goddard (American TV actor, born 1927, apparently on screen last in 1992)

12. Clare Austin (English actress, born in London 1930 (?), active 1954-71)

13. Jacqueline Duval b. 1932 (French-American actress)

14. Claudette Thornton b.1932 (American actress)

15. Joyce McCluskey (b. 1928 American actress)

Does someone knows if Yvonne Furneaux French-British actress, aged 97 is alive ? 
All I know is that she is widowed since the death of French husband Jacques Natteau in 2007 years and she lives in Lausanne (Switzerland). But I don’t know is she is alive because there are no recent photo or interviews of her.

35 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

Does someone knows if Yvonne Furneaux French-British actress, aged 97 is alive ? 
All I know is that she is widowed since the death of French husband Jacques Natteau in 2007 years and she lives in Geneva. But I don’t know is she is alive because there are no recent photo or interviews of her.

Odd timing. I watched a movie of hers the other night. Furneaux wouldn’t die off radar. 

Though there is some controversy as to whether she was born in 1928 or 1926.

I think we discussed her before? Seem to be having deja vu.

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Odd timing. I watched a movie of hers the other night. Furneaux wouldn’t die off radar. 

Though there is some controversy as to whether she was born in 1928 or 1926.

I think we discussed her before? Seem to be having deja vu.

She was born in 1926, I can certify 

Here are the French sources : (Gens du cinéma) and her birth certificate 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

All I know is that she is widowed since the death of French husband Jacques Natteau in 2007 years and she lives in Lausanne (Switzerland). But I don’t know is she is alive because there are no recent photo or interviews of her.

She was last heard responding to a fanmail in June 2022. Lives in New Hampshire.

• Thanks 1

IMDB is claiming voice actor Carl Banas died 

Can anybody on here find info?

15 minutes ago, cgay said:

IMDB is claiming voice actor Carl Banas died 

Can anybody on here find info?

Not true, his son or daughter posted this on FB a month ago and said he was alive celebrating his 95th birthday last January. Just saw his FB profile and full of life, there is no sign of his death.

Someone should delete that fake death date!

46 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Not true, his son or daughter posted this on FB a month ago and said he was alive celebrating his 95th birthday last January. Just saw his FB profile and full of life, there is no sign of his death.

Someone should delete that fake death date!

Would almost certainly QO due to the Rudolph connection. And almost entirely because of his work on that film.

Are any birth dates known for actress Hildy Brooks, aka Hilda Brawner? Nothing on Wiki, IMDB or anywhere else.

16 minutes ago, Imhotep said:

Are any birth dates known for actress Hildy Brooks, aka Hilda Brawner? Nothing on Wiki, IMDB or anywhere else.

NAME: Hildy Antonio
BORN: Dec 1934
LIVES IN: Los Angeles, CA

Well researched. Thanks!

Anyone know what happened to British film and TV actor Fred Evans? Appeared in a lot of bit parts (The Avengers, Minder, Bergerac, Jeeves and Wooster); he’s a scene stealer as a policeman in Mr. Horatio Knibbles. I imagine he’s long dead but can’t find a date anywhere. 

12 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Anyone know what happened to British film and TV actor Fred Evans? Appeared in a lot of bit parts (The Avengers, Minder, Bergerac, Jeeves and Wooster); he’s a scene stealer as a policeman in Mr. Horatio Knibbles. I imagine he’s long dead but can’t find a date anywhere. 

Was still alive 11 months ago at the age of 93, according to this YouTube comment (he was also a dancer who worked on the 1969 TV show Cribbins)

image.png.e1fcb9293b6541eecadfc640c1a8fba4.png

• Like 1

Belarussan-born French actor based in Italy, Jacques Stany, seems to have died in 2016 off the radar, at the age of 86. reports from (Imdb) and (Italian wiki). He played in numerous French and Italian movies. 

image.png.f323773abaa78c5edd69c5d6e9293dd0.pngimage.png.2264b8314974d6ac15245bf243757768.png 

1 hour ago, La Tombe said:

Belarussan-born French actor based in Italy, Jacques Stany, seems to have died in 2016 off the radar, at the age of 86. reports from (Imdb) and (Italian wiki). He played in numerous French and Italian movies. 

image.png.f323773abaa78c5edd69c5d6e9293dd0.pngimage.png.2264b8314974d6ac15245bf243757768.png 

Yes, I updated his IMDb a month ago. Lived in Italy and died there so it was quite normal that his death was not noticed.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/JXboHNawjz5WGzGm/?mibextid=xfxF2

• Like 1

Continuing my post in the "People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still Alive" thread, I found two names that kind of went under the radar, those being:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LWCZ said:

Continuing my post in the "People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still Alive" thread, I found two names that kind of went under the radar, those being:

I've updated the page for Somethin' Smith and the Redheads to include full death dates and sources for both Striks and Robinson. I've updated the page for The Three Chuckles for the deaths of Romano, Gilberto, Benti, and Randazzo. The Wiki page mentions one further member, an accordionist called Jackie Farrell who was briefly in the group in 1957. Alas he seems to be too obscure to find anything on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/03/2023 at 20:23, arghton said:

Another interesting name not mentioned here before is Peter "Pitch" Picciurro, head of the Milwaukee Crime Family or what's left of it.

pitch.thumb.jpg.500468345b8e8f2181245a071ddf00b3.jpg

He also owns a ribs restaurant that looks like quite a nice place. Should be around 93-94 now.

Peter "Pitch" Picciurro seems to have died in January but I can't find an accessable obituary.

1 minute ago, arghton said:

Peter "Pitch" Picciurro seems to have died in January but I can't find an accessable obituary.

Obit