Gooseberry Crumble

Famous celebrity births , pregnancies and babies

200_d.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

That's exactly  my reaction when I see your posts  on this thread.....

Except that, this thread is just you really. Nobody else is posting this crap.

Ok and Hello, even the Daily Fail have their place, I'd simply argue that this isn't it.

I was drawn to this site because regardless of the actual deadpools it is (or was) the antithesis of that.

I  don't care what 'your' reaction is tbh. Take a vote on who cares, I'll gladly back down if you win.

It's not personal. But even in the extra curricular forum this is way off the point of this place.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Except that, this thread is just you really. Nobody else is posting this crap.

Ok and Hello, even the Daily Fail have their place, I'd simply argue that this isn't it.

I was drawn to this site because regardless of the actual deadpools it is (or was) the antithesis of that.

I  don't care what 'your' reaction is tbh. Take a vote on who cares, I'll gladly back down if you win.

It's not personal. But even in the extra curricular forum this is way off the point of this place.

You are rather inconsistent though aren't you?

It's ok for some deaths to be more worthy than others isn't it?You don't adhere to all deaths  matter .Apparently because you find celebrity deaths interesting and give a crap about them it's ok and not something that morally is questionable. 

Yet you get pissed off at celebrity  births being highlighted because all births matter and all children  matter.

The exact same principles apply to deaths. 

If this thread was way off point as you put it  it would have been closed by moderators ages ago.

Oh and don't kid yourself  you most certainly do care what my reaction is or you wouldn't have replied to my comment in the way you have and certainly not at such length. 

If you don't like this thread you don't have to click on it?It ain't compulsory. Its nor like the thread title is ambiguous!

Why you were initially drawn to this site and what your preferences  are underlying that is not really my responsibility. 

As far as I can make out only  a handful of people like yourself are choosing to spend their time clicking on , posting and reacting to threads and posts they think are totally irrelevant and crap.

Why do that if it pisses you off? Is it really that big a deal that somebody pursues an interest on a forum in a topic you are not keen on?

That's really  not healthy. 

Live and let live. I can't see the problem. 

14 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Not famous people but baby related news.

Yes the  coronavirus lockdown babyboom  theory or prediction was always a bit of a weak argument in my opinion.

A babyboom after the ordeal is largely  over? Yes very possibly  to some extent. 

But in an environment of high uncertainty and economic  anxiety and high unemployment  a babyboom always seemed an unlikely outcome  to me.

I think a divorce boom or couples splitting up boom after spending much more time together than usual  is a much more likely phenomenon. I believe there were reports of divorce proceedings increasing in China post lockdown  if memory serves me right?

11 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

You are rather inconsistent though aren't you?

Not really, although....

It's ok for some deaths to be more worthy than others isn't it?You don't adhere to all deaths  matter .Apparently because you find celebrity deaths interesting and give a crap about them it's ok and not something that morally is questionable. 

Yet you get pissed off at celebrity  births being highlighted because all births matter and all children  matter.

The exact same principles apply to deaths. 

This is a reasonable point, all deaths matter, why should celebrity deaths matter more? Well they don't of course, but the site is about celebrity deaths by definition, not celebrity births.

If this thread was way off point as you put it  it would have been closed by moderators ages ago

Doesn't break any rules, why should it have been? Not up to me and I'm only expressing an opinion.

If you don't like this thread you don't have to click on it? <snip some>

Because I, and I suspect others default is to read 'new posts'. If I could blank a thread rather than a poster, I would have.

Live and let live. I can't see the problem. 

For sure. I've said it often enough. But, I'm still going to post 'bored of this' if I am. Makes the world go round. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Not really, although....

This is a reasonable point, all deaths matter, why should celebrity deaths matter more? Well they don't of course, but the site is about celebrity deaths by definition, not celebrity births.

Doesn't break any rules, why should it have been? Not up to me and I'm only expressing an opinion.

Because I, and I suspect others default is to read 'new posts'. If I could blank a thread rather than a poster, I would have.

For sure. I've said it often enough. But, I'm still going to post 'bored of this' if I am. Makes the world go round. 

I blank threads all of the time!I scroll past many without it getting under my skin! If something doesn't interest  me I don't click on it so it is possible 

You posted a light hearted but definitely pointed and aimed ribbing post at me :D,I replied with a brief light hearted comment that I think you took way too seriously.   I am certainly  not trying to stop you posting  on this thread  but I am just baffled why you torment yourself by venturing onto this thread since the general subject  matter irks you so.

There will be some good meditation or psychological techniques and tips online somewhere that tells you how to ignore what you don't like  and just chilling and enjoying things  more.

The key isn't  for me to stop posting on this thread but for you to learn how to ignore it and me if you wish!

I find the subjects of birth and death both interesting and engaging  particularly  celebrity  ones as they serve as a good frame of reference. 

But the vast majority of my posts are about death or deadpooling. In terms of the forum this thread is just an enjoyable side salad or side hustle!:D;)

I don't think anything fruitful will be achieved  by continuing to argue over what is essentially  a question of different  preferences. I mean I certainly don't hijack threads about death etc with  baby  news. 

Anyway  best wishes and take care no ill will felt or meant from my side.

I think we just baffle each other on this minor issue and thats just the way it is.

Gooseberry :)

• Like 1

It's an internet forum, I've been locked in my fucking house for the better part  of six months (a few daredevil escapades aside) so no, I don't really have anything better to do.

And no, I'm not that serious, but text is a dreadful way to communicate nuance.

EP :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, En Passant said:

It's an internet forum, I've been locked in my fucking house for the better part  of six months (a few daredevil escapades aside) so no, I don't really have anything better to do.

And no, I'm not that serious, but text is a dreadful way to communicate nuance.

EP :)

No worries its totally  understandable and frankly  yes things can seem so much more serious and intense online than what they are  in reality  .

We are living through  very stressful, straining and unusual times.

I think we all fray in these circumstances even just a little  bit and even the best of us.:)

Strange as it may sound  I have found this forum  on the whole good escapism and also cathartic especially  this year.Hard to explain  but it's not delight  more a sort of release  and strangely  grounding. 

• Like 1

Oh I find this place an interesting diversion, always have.

I stand by my belief that there's a certain reality to the views around here that is skirted elsewhere in that there's little to no fudging around the issue that life is finite for all of us.

I also stand by my belief that there's an interest in the loss to all of us every time somebody with talent leaves us (guilty of the skirting right there) dies, the world is a lesser place for it.

It is also of course  a lesser place when some talentless but well meaning prick such as myself goes no doubt - but that's not noteworthy and with the best will in the world what are you going to say about it that is in any way interesting to anyone else?

Which I guess, is my problem with the kids (or fathers to be bang up to date) of the famous, they are just as worthwhile, but they aren't noteworthy and you can't make them interesting because they did nothing that was (yet).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, En Passant said:

Oh I find this place an interesting diversion, always have.

I stand by my belief that there's a certain reality to the views around here that is skirted elsewhere in that there's little to no fudging around the issue that life is finite for all of us.

I also stand by my belief that there's an interest in the loss to all of us every time somebody with talent leaves us (guilty of the skirting right there) dies, the world is a lesser place for it.

It is also of course  a lesser place when some talentless but well meaning prick such as myself goes no doubt - but that's not noteworthy and with the best will in the world what are you going to say about it that is in any way interesting to anyone else?

Which I guess, is my problem with the kids (or fathers to be bang up to date) of the famous, they are just as worthwhile, but they aren't noteworthy and you can't make them interesting because they did nothing that was (yet).

Alas on the points made in your final paragraph we will have to agree to disagree. 

I view noteworthiness  beyond just talent. I take in a broader view of anything or rather anyone  that stands out in large ways or small as part of the mix and sometimes fascinating of all that goes on good or bad in the human zoo.

Peter Sutcliffe,  Rose West, Edgar Pearce  are infamous and notorious rather than taken on any metric of talent. 

Many people in showbiz are part of the zeitgeist of popular culture  whether we like them or not ,find them naff or not.Even if they are barely minimally talented they can be noteworthy in the arena of popular culture. 

Talent is just one aspect of it.

You also should not refer to yourself as a talentless  but well meaning prick! Don't be so down on yourself. :)

Anyway must go as sleep needed. 

All the best. 

Gooseberry 

Billie Lourd gave birth to a son called Kingston Fisher Lourd Rydell:

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8773931/Melissa-Benoist-reveals-welcomed-firstborn-son-Huxley-Robert-Wood-weeks-ago.html

Supergirl or rather the actress who plays her Melissa Benoist and her husband and costar  Chris Wood ( He is  previously of The Vampire Diaries fame) have announced the birth of a baby boy. 

It seems you care a lot.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

It seems you care a lot.

About disasters, fires, floods and killer bees?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

It seems you care a lot.

I am a very caring person.  :D

• Haha 2

Here is the problem.

99% of the parents these babies are being born to are complete fucking unknowns to the vast majority of us who are old enough to have left home. There has been a stream of no-marks, wannabees, the never will be's and the 'who the fuck are they' merchants to make the thread pointless and, somewhat, irritating. Now, tbf,

GC is a lovely chap and a DL stalwart BUT the thread is shite! 

I should know, I start plenty of shite threads.:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I approve of this thread tbh. At the rate of nobodies having babies, Gooseberry is sure to knock me off the top row of most posts by Christmas. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is the sickest fucking thread on this whole , entire forum.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2