Twelvetrees

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

There are reports of the demise of the spiritual leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has died. It's not necessarily the most reliable source, I admit - but news of the Ayatollah's health has always been shrouded in secrecy. A cursory web search shows all reports leading back to the same source, but a separate report had him near death on Wednesday.

• Like 1

There are reports of the demise of the spiritual leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has died. It's not necessarily the most reliable source, I admit - but news of the Ayatollah's health has always been shrouded in secrecy. A cursory web search shows all reports leading back to the same source, but a separate report had him near death on Wednesday.

He is on my DDP and HDP list :blink:

He is on my DDP and HDP list :blink:

That's why he's the Champion...he's the one to beat! :D

Re: Khameni. This site is skeptical, but, more importantly, has some pictures of him looking hale 'round Christmas time.

Apparently he's not dead as the Iranians checked to make sure

Apparently he's not dead as the Iranians checked to make sure

Iranian official: "Are you dead, Mr Khamenei?"

Iranian official: "ARE YOU DEAD, AYATOLLAH?"

Iranian official: "He doesn't answer. That must be a no."

Second Iranian official: "Yes, guess so."

First Iranian official: "Ladies and gentlemen: we checked and he ain't dead."

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

So now ff gets points for a falsly reported death, and the points for his actual death?

No I have not received any points that I am aware of.

BTW, this article says that Ayatollah Ali Khamenei may be in the final stage in his fight against cancer.

A Leadership Change In Tehran?

All he has to do now is to hang around for 360 days and we're laughing! :)

I'm fairly certain his successor will be called the Ayatollah Khumenei.

In a coma?.

Someone updated his Wiki page to say that he's dead, but no news sources are reporting it yet. Another death rumour here.

Looking at the foot of this years list for good candidates to have removed from next years DL, I can't think of many that would be ahead of the Ayatollah at this time. Only the other week or so as I channel hopped I came across a programme featuring a shed load of Iranian pilgrims going off for the Ramadan Hadje and Khamenei looked quite well in himself. I even think he may well have 5 more years left in him.

Looking at the foot of this years list for good candidates to have removed from next years DL, I can't think of many that would be ahead of the Ayatollah at this time. Only the other week or so as I channel hopped I came across a programme featuring a shed load of Iranian pilgrims going off for the Ramadan Hadje and Khamenei looked quite well in himself. I even think he may well have 5 more years left in him.

Unless the Israeli's start bombing.

That could potentially reduce his life expectancy.

If, and it's a big IF at the moment, they did start bombing they'd do everything possible to avoid killing any high profile figure in Iranian public life for fear of the retaliation it would bring on Tel Aviv. Clinical strikes and nuclear facilities were their style when they went into Iraq years ago. It'd be the same order again. The man may well live a few more years.

http://www.usatoday....rgery/15269187/

In for prostate surgery, wouldn't want to be the doctor on that one.

Agreed, it's probably a risky thing to go home to your wife in one of the world's most insanely religiously conservative societies and when she asks what you did today, reply "I took the Ayatollah into a private room and played around with his anus for a couple of hours."

Interesting article that speculates that the heavy publicising of the surgery is Iran's way of prepping the country, and the world for Ali's imminent demise.

• Like 1

Interesting article that speculates that the heavy publicising of the surgery is Iran's way of prepping the country, and the world for Ali's imminent demise.

That piece of speculation reminds me of the work of Kremlin watchers before the collapse of the Soviet Union.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1