TQR

Punt Pool

3 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Seems not, I looked him up on wiki and it's definitely a pic of that bloke out of The Shawshank Redemption.and Se7en.

Bill Russell or Morgan Freeman.jpg

Oh, that guy  ;)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Proving your a dumbass.

That's 'you're' a dumbass. Dumbass.

As a former pedant I'm trying very hard to gloss over typo's and grammatical errors, heck, I do it enough,  but in this instance.... Hey ho.

Toast it’s fair to say you know who Jenny Craig is.  Tell that retarded cunt he’s an idiot.

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

Who's Bill Russell?  Is he the Doctor Who guy?

The Dr Who guy would be too old for this - he's in his 90s. The playwright Willy Russell is still going strong though. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Russell is arguably the best basketball player ever.  

After a quick search, I can't find anything disqualifying him on a health basis (but that doesn't mean there isn't one), but even then he's going to lose on the fame basis. I don't pretend to know much about basketball, but anyone pre-Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson doesn't have the same profile in the UK. Look at it this way: who would you expect the average person to be more familiar with? Ted Turner or Bill Russell? Since Turner failed...

Bill Russell was ok by fame standards, I mean beyond Toast’s household.  We were told he was a health exclusion.  I’ll wait.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Robbie Coltrane

Michael Baggott (antiques expert)

Jet Black

Nigel Glockler (Saxon drummer)

Stephen Luscombe (Blancmange)

Paul Gascoigne

Diego Maradona

Pete Doherty

Lindsey Lohan 

Macaulay Culkin 

Tony Blair
Oscar Pistorius

Barry Steenkamp 

Morrissey
Cliff Richard
Phil Spector
Lil' Wayne

Numbers 12 and 13 date it pretty accurately I think. :lol: None made my list but I had Gazza in mind early doors and Maradona is getting a lot of action in these ere parts just now. What have you got against Coltrane? He's on your Bond team in Scavenger Hunt too! Lot's of fairly reliable "maybe" punts in there from the music world (in the same vein as George Michael), I'd say of the three "wild child" figures you've put on there, Lohan's cleaned up her act, you don't hear so much about Doherty these days (for better or worse?) and Culkin seems a bit more on the level? I'd say your most left-field choice was Tony Blair! Oh, and kudos on Baggott - he's been a walking heart attack since Flog It started - how is he still going?! :blink:

I actually don’t know who Bill Russell is, so I can see why he was DQ’d. Although given that he has an H by his name, I imagine Quim has some health reasons for why he ended up being DQ’d....

13 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Bill Russell was ok by fame standards, I mean beyond Toast’s household.  We were told he was a health exclusion.  I’ll wait.

Bill Russell: An American basketball star. A sport with practically zero impact nationally in the UK and no tv presence. 

Jenny Craig: An American Company founded by an Australian. quote from wiki "The company has more than 700 weight management centers in Australia, the United States, Canada, and New Zealand" So, no presence at all in the UK according to that. Why should Toasty know it?

Why this assumption anyone in the UK should know either of these without looking them up?

Please quit calling people stupid or worse for not conforming to your clearly US centric view of the world.

Doing my best to be polite here, that may not last.

18 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Toast it’s fair to say you know who Jenny Craig is.  Tell that retarded cunt he’s an idiot.

Having looked her up, I can see why you might think that, but I have genuinely never heard of her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Craig_(entrepreneur)

I do remember Dr Devious winning the Derby, but I didn't watch the race live so wouldn't have seen her on the telly.

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Numbers 12 and 13 date it pretty accurately I think. :lol: None made my list but I had Gazza in mind early doors and Maradona is getting a lot of action in these ere parts just now. What have you got against Coltrane? He's on your Bond team in Scavenger Hunt too! Lot's of fairly reliable "maybe" punts in there from the music world (in the same vein as George Michael), I'd say of the three "wild child" figures you've put on there, Lohan's cleaned up her act, you don't hear so much about Doherty these days (for better or worse?) and Culkin seems a bit more on the level? I'd say your most left-field choice was Tony Blair! Oh, and kudos on Baggott - he's been a walking heart attack since Flog It started - how is he still going?! :blink:

Coltrane has looked like a walking heart attack for years, he's since been promoted to main teams.

Black, Glockler and Luscombe all dropped out of tours citing various ailments, none obviously terminal but they weren't well.

Culkin looked very ill and malnourished at the time, and Blair also started to look aged and unhealthy around then.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Just to counter some of the 'nays' and show it's not some sort of conspiracy to deny you, I'll stick my hand up and say that {unlike Bill Russell) I have heard of Jenny Craig. Only in the context of 'The Jenny Craig Diet' but I know it's a thing. But looking at the yeas to nays it's not difficult to see her failing to get the required majority.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Proving your a dumbass.

Fuck you and your DP.  Seriously.  You should be ashamed of your overall youthful ignorance you impute to people twice your age.  You’ve proven one of the dumbest members of this site.  Congrats.

As for Russell, feel free to post a link that disqualifies him pursuant to your rules for all to see.  He was hospitalised for DEHYDRATION in May 2018.  That’s it.  Post your proof cunto in the space provided below:

______________.

I take it you won’t be providing me with any subs? ;)

I found something to say Russell had a heart attack in 2018 but I’ll double check my sources. In any case, I doubt he’d pass the fame threshold anyway.

When I checked Jenny Craig, everything was about the company, not the person, so she fails.

Doesn’t matter anyway though, as this deadpool has been condemned by Emperor Creepybollocks III so it’s obviously pointless to keep it going :lol:

I have entries to read when I get home. Creep, either join in (and stop whinging) or don’t (and stop whinging).

Okay, okay, Russell was admitted to hospital with ‘heart trouble’, so technically may not be a breach of the rules (just the spirit of them). I’ll allow Bill Russell again.

Except I won’t, because no fucker knows him. Oh dear. So unfair, isn’t it?

Another couple of blinding entries, both from American friends of ours. So regarding Creep, as we all know, it’s not the country, just the cunt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

it’s not the country, just the cunt.

Nice, very nice:clap:

The only Bill Russell I know is William the great TV actor.

f2443a621a54c9de22d35314e29d1435.jpg

Never heard of Jenny Craig either. And I've heard of all kinds of random sods.

• Like 2

Aw, I wish we didn't have so long to wait to see everyone's picks.

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

Aw, I wish we didn't have so long to wait to see everyone's picks.

Hmm, well, I haven’t been posting them in the hope that the entries I got would be a bit more original, but if the general consensus is that people want the master list up now, I’ll do it.

Maybe you'll actually get more original picks because you posted what's already in?

Okay, I’ll do it tomorrow.

Any submissions should still be PM’d to me though rather than posted.

• Like 2

I suppose what I really meant was I wish the game started sooner. 

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

I suppose what I really meant was I wish the game started sooner. 

Why? It's not going to end until 2035 anyway :evil2:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Why? It's not going to end until 2035 anyway :evil2:

The danger of premature expiration. :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

The danger of premature expiration. :P

This was my concern, which I mentioned in passing in my submission. All these people submitting a team within a week of entries opening and the game doesn't start for 2 months! :lol:

5 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

ll these people submitting a team within a week of entries opening and the game doesn't start for 2 months! 

Ah, see I told you I'm no good at this. Has to be explained in baby steps. You'd marvel I've been around this place 7 years (apparently) and still don't get the basics. Then again, maybe you wouldn't.

My lot are so healthy you could start in Dec 2021 anyway and I'd still not be concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve added the Masterlist so far for all to peruse. I’m bloody impressed with how few duplicates (and, indeed, triplicates) there are!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1