Not Deathers

Hares Death Pool 2021

Thanks for the intermittent updates, An Fear Beag.

Next update, please add my scores for Prince Philip (98), and André Maranne (101) to my tally.

2 hours ago, Torva Messor said:

Next update, please add my scores for Prince Philip (98), and André Maranne (101) to my tally.

Phil the Greek was 99.

^^ The 98 was the score.

We've had a couple of hits now. Rodion GA, Anne Buydens on my side, too.. lots of others, I guess.

3 hours ago, Torva Messor said:

Intermittent is one way of putting it.

Even in my terrible tenor, it was infrequent that updates were this far apart, knocking on two and half months now.... 

I entrusted this pool to AFB under the impression it was in good hands. :evil::rant:

If this had been while I was hosting, you two faced tossers would be offering to take over the reigns because I couldn't cope by now. 

2 hours ago, Kenny said:

Phil the Greek was 99.

Yes.

The Hares Death Pool points were awarded from the notable's expiry date number of days from January 1,  so I wrote 98 for scores.

On 12/12/2020 at 04:15, Not Deathers said:

The overall points system is incredibly simple:

1. 1 Point for each day of the year that passes before your celebs death (if they die on the 10th of January you are awarded 9 points for example) up until the games close at midnight on the 31st December.

I counted 98 days from 1 Jan to 9 April. Maranne's death date is 12 April 2021, 98+3 (101). Thus, 98 and 101 are the correct SCORES in the Hares Death Pool 2021 with which to update my TALLY, unless more of my entries drop before the next update.

Did you blip over the word 'scores'? Why else would you remind us Prince Philip was 99?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngryLazarus said:

Even in my terrible tenor, it was infrequent that updates were this far apart, knocking on two and half months now....

I entrusted this pool to AFB under the impression it was in good hands. :evil::rant:

If this had been while I was hosting, you two faced tossers would be offering to take over the reigns because I couldn't cope by now. 

Reins, not reigns.

Good to see you though.

16 hours ago, AngryLazarus said:

Welcome back Deathers, you grumpy cunt. What's the fucking problem with infrequent updates at this time of year? Once you get past the fun of people getting 5 hits in January, the game doesn't get interesting again until about September! If I was a petty cunt, I could look back at how often the pool used to be updated before I did it. As it happens, I am a petty cunt and a quick look back to 2019 shows an update in January, March, May, August, October, and December. So every 2 months - about the same time since I last did it.

So you can take your "I entrusted this pool to AFB under the impression it was in good hands" and shove it up your fucking hole :smiley_f:. I'll update it when I am good and ready. 

(Good to see you back though - you've been missed :D)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Fear Beag said:

Welcome back Deathers, you grumpy cunt. What's the fucking problem with infrequent updates at this time of year? Once you get past the fun of people getting 5 hits in January, the game doesn't get interesting again until about September! If I was a petty cunt, I could look back at how often the pool used to be updated before I did it. As it happens, I am a petty cunt and a quick look back to 2019 shows an update in January, March, May, August, October, and December. So every 2 months - about the same time since I last did it.

So you can take your "I entrusted this pool to AFB under the impression it was in good hands" and shove it up your fucking hole :smiley_f:. I'll update it when I am good and ready. 

(Good to see you back though - you've been missed :D)

Ok. Now I can rest assured this is indeed in good hands... 

• Haha 4

OK - I'm good and ready :biggrin:

These are all the hits since the last update, a few short weeks ago.

Vittore Bochetta 18th February

Johnny Briggs 28th February

Ian St John 1st March

Toko Shinoda 1st March

Carl J. Shapiro 7th March

Lars Goran Petrov 7th March

Trevor Peacock 8th March

Murray Walker 13th March

Frank Worthington 22nd March

Beverly Cleary 25th March

Rodion Rosca 27th March

Gloria Henry 3rd April

Alcee Hastings 6th April

Emmanuel Evans-Anfom 7th April

Prince Philip 9th April

Andre Maranne 12th April

Johnny Pierson 16th April

Bob Fass 24th April

Vassos Lyssarides 26th April

Michael Collins 28th April

Anne Buydens 29th April

Sarena Li 4th May

For Andre Maranne, I've got the  date of 12th April from Wikipedia, which refers to a Times article. If anyone has anything different. let me know and I will change the scores.

I don't think I've missed anyone, but if I have, don't be shy at telling me!

Scores to follow.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

OK - I'm good and ready :biggrin:

These are all the hits since the last update, a few short weeks ago.

Vittore Bochetta 18th February

Johnny Briggs 28th February

Ian St John 1st March

Toko Shinoda 1st March

Carl J. Shapiro 7th March

Lars Goran Petrov 7th March

Trevor Peacock 8th March

Murray Walker 13th March

Frank Worthington 22nd March

Beverly Cleary 25th March

Rodion Rosca 27th March

Gloria Henry 3rd April

Alcee Hastings 6th April

Emmanuel Evans-Anfom 7th April

Prince Philip 9th April

Andre Maranne 12th April

Johnny Pierson 16th April

Bob Fass 24th April

Vassos Lyssarides 26th April

Michael Collins 28th April

Anne Buydens 29th April

Sarena Li 4th May

For Andre Maranne, I've got the  date of 12th April from Wikipedia, which refers to a Times article. If anyone has anything different. let me know and I will change the scores.

I don't think I've missed anyone, but if I have, don't be shy at telling me!

Scores to follow.

Lee Noble 21st March - cheers

So here is the update that everyone has seemingly been waiting for. The dubious honour of leading the pack, a mere 4 months into the contest goes to Gcreptile who has used up 8 picks to top the pile. Following closely behind is Quim Reaper, who is still racking up the hits at an impressive(?) rate and has 8 hits for a paltry 466 points. In the minor places are Death Impends and En Passant with 7 hits each. But as I've tried to tell you, it all shadow boxing in these still early days.

At the bottom end of the table ImNotHades, Etib8 and Guyfromfuture have all decided to enter the race proper, securing their first hits, while Bibliogryphon gets a first scoring hit. That leaves just three players Ebless, Predictor and Yorkshire Banker still warming up at the starting line.

However there is only 1 really  big story of this update, and that is that after scoring a complete duck-egg in 2020, Deathray finally got a hit. A real actual hit!!:bow:  Johnny Briggs went to the big soap in the sky on 28th February, to give Deathers his first hit since Herman Wouk on May 17th 2019. That is a total of 652 days without a hit - a record which will take some beating:clap:

A Prince Philip hit was the icing on the cake for our former host. 

So enjoy the scoreboard- who knows when the next one will appear :D

GcReptile (509 points) 8 hits

[Alcee Hastings, Anne Buydens, Donna Britt, Jory Post, Josh Evans, Mike Miller, Rodion Rosca, Sarena Li]

The Quim Reaper (466 points) 8 hits

[Anne Buydens, Carlos Menem, Dai Davies, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Moore]

Death Impends (419 points) 7 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Carl J. Shapiro, Ian St. John, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Raymond Cauchetier, S.Prestley Blake, Tom Moore*]

En Passant (409 points) 7 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Carlos Menem, Dai Davies*, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh]

Captain Chorizo (387 point) 4 hits

[Anne Buydens*, Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal, Vassos Lyssarides]

Buffalo Phil (386 points) 6 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Carlos Menem, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh*, Tom Moore]

Drol (365 points) 6 hits

[Dovid Soloveitchic, Emmanuel Evans-Anfom, Frank Worthington, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Toko Shinodam, Vittore Bochetta ]

Msc (357 points) 4 hits

[Beverly Cleary*, Hal Holbrook, Murray Walker, Prince Philip]

Markb4 (346 points) 4 hits

[Anne Buydens, Beverly Cleary, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh]

Chilean Way (344 points) 5 hits

[Carlos Menem, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip*, Rush Limbaugh]

Grim Up North (336 points) 7 hits

[Dai Davies, Lee Noble, Leon Spinks , Paul Westphal, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Susan Bayh]

Joey Russ (316 points) 6 hits

[Bob Fass, Larry King, Leon Spinks*, Paul Westphal, Prince Philip, Sylvain Sylvain]

Torva Messor (309 points) 6 hits

[Andre Maranne, Brian Urquart, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Walter Bernstein]

Liz (290 points) 5 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Cloris Leachman, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Susan Bayh]

The Old Crem (286 points) 7 hits

[Carlos Menem, Dai Davies, Floyd Little, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh ]

ZZZ (285 points) 5 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh]

CalebH (278 points) 3 hits

[Andre Maranne, Gloria Henry, Rodion Rosca]

Great Uncle Bulgaria (265 points) 3 hits

[Anne Buydens, Beverly Cleary, Tom Moore*]

Death by Arsenic (251point) 3 hits

[Andre Maranne, Leon Spinks, Vassos Lyssarides]

The Old Lady (235 points) 5 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Michael McKevitt, Rush Limbaugh*]

Charles De Gaulle (221 points) 5 hits

[Carlos Menem, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Walter Bernstein]

Toast (199 point) 3 hits

[Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Trevor Peacock]

Whoaml (191 points) 3 hits

[Larry King, Murray Walker, Prince Philip]

Deadsox (186 points) 5 hits

[Dai Davies, Floyd Little*, Paul Westphal, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh]

Exu (169 points) 4 hits

[Alan Burgess, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Tom Moore]

Deathray (156 points) 2 hits

[Johnny Briggs, Prince Philip]

Etushispushingupdaisies (152 points) 3 hit

[Dai Davies, Lars Goran Petrov, Rush Limbaugh ]

Pedro (148 points) 3 hits

[Christopher Plummer, Phil Spector, Prince Philip]

Nantonian (136 points) 4 hits

[Larry King, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh. Tom Moore]

The Unknown Man (135 points) 4 hits

[Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh]

Lynchian (134 points) 3 hits

[Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal, Prince Philip]

Kenny (131 points) 5 hits

[Dai Davies, Kathy Shaidle, Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh]

Eesti (123 points) 5 hits

[Dai Davies, Floyd Little, Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh ]

ImNotHades (117 points) 1 hit

[Michael Collins]

Guyfromfuture (105 points) 1 hit

[Johnny Pierson]

An Fear Beag (104 points) 3 hits

[Larry King, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh]

Wormfarmer (101 points) 2 hits

[Alcee Hastings, Tommy Lasorda]

Etib8 (98 points) 1 hit

[Prince Philip]

Bibliogryphon (71 points) 2 hits

[Mark Eden, Murray Walker]

Book (40 points) 2 hits

[Cicely Tyson, Peter Mark Richman]

Ebless(0 points) 0 hit

Predictor(0 points) 0 hit

Yorkshire Banker (0 points) 0 hit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Lee Noble 21st March - cheers

Now this is an interesting one.

I did see Lee Noble on the masterlist, and am aware of the death of boxer Lee Noble (the fucker knocked me out of the cup :evil:)

But here's the thing. The masterlist that Deathray posted on page 3 of this thread lists Lee Noble (designer). And indeed there is a Lee Noble who is a car designer, as the petrol-heads among you will know. I accept that it is far more likely that you meant a cancer suffering boxer rather than an apparently perfectly healthy car designer. But do I go with the Deathrays masterlist, or take your word on who you meant? Hmmm - what would Deathers do?:scratchhead:

Now this is an interesting one.

I did see Lee Noble on the masterlist, and am aware of the death of boxer Lee Noble (the fucker knocked me out of the cup :evil:)

But here's the thing. The masterlist that Deathray posted on page 3 of this thread lists Lee Noble (designer). And indeed there is a Lee Noble who is a car designer, as the petrol-heads among you will know. I accept that it is far more likely that you meant a cancer suffering boxer rather than an apparently perfectly healthy car designer. But do I go with the Deathrays masterlist, or take your word on who you meant? Hmmm - what would Deathers do?:scratchhead:

Hi AFB - okay you can make whatever ruling you want as the game runner but my entry which is posted higher up page 3 simply said Lee Noble - Deathers added the incorrect ‘designer’ label off his own bat.

Mitigating factors in my favour are what you have posted above and also that I noticed you had missed him from your list of deaths and also the first 20 names are my DDP team and if you reference that you will see that it was the boxer.

My Hares team is always my DDP team plus 5 old codgers.

Over to you.

Cheers, GUN

6 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Hi AFB - okay you can make whatever ruling you want as the game runner but my entry which is posted higher up page 3 simply said Lee Noble - Deathers added the incorrect ‘designer’ label off his own bat.

Mitigating factors in my favour are what you have posted above and also that I noticed you had missed him from your list of deaths and also the first 20 names are my DDP team and if you reference that you will see that it was the boxer.

My Hares team is always my DDP team plus 5 old codgers.

Over to you.

Cheers, GUN

I've slept on it, and am ready to pass my judgement.

The first obvious answer to "what would deathers do?" is that he would hurl a torrent of abuse at you for not clarifying at the start who you meant. I'm not going to do that, but will take a more measured approach.

In previous years, this would not have been an issue, as usually Deathray was very meticulous about checking with players who exactly they intended with their picks. However, certain (ahem) circumstances last year meant that he was not able to dedicate as much time as he usually does to sorting out the masterlist, and therefore inaccuracies have arisen.

A touch ironically, had he not returned briefly last December to organise this pool again, I was going to tweak the rules a little. On of my proposed tweaks was that if I did not immediately recognise the name of a pick, I was not going to make any effort to contact the player for clarification, but was just going to google the name and assign the first person whose wikipedia page appeared. And the masterlist would be final. In this case, you would have been given Lee Noble the car designer!

However, as I said earlier, I think it is fairly obvious that you intended Lee Noble the cancer-stricken boxer, rather than the apparently healthy designer. Therefore I have added him to your list of hits. Have another 79 points and climb a few places on the leaderboard. 

You will look a right mug though when the car designer drops dead of a heart attack at a New Years Eve party!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

You will look a right mug though when the car designer drops dead of a heart attack at a New Years Eve party!

:D

On 05/05/2021 at 00:13, Toast said:
On 04/05/2021 at 21:32, AngryLazarus said:

Reins, not reigns.

Good to see you though.

Surprised you missed tenor/tenure, you're slipping..... :-)

Otherwise, I agree with you.

• Like 1

Norman Lloyd is a hit for a few of us here.

Mike Carter's death gives me 136 points (or thereabouts). :)

I think its about time for an update, before Deathers creates yet another alter-ego with which to berate me. A quiet month by my reckoning, with only 4 hits, although 2 of them were amongst the most popular..

Norman Lloyd 11th May

Mike Carter 15th May

Yoo Sang-Chul 7th June

Noel Conway 11th June. 

If I have missed anyone, please let me know, before I go to the trouble of posting up a scoreboard. 

• Like 3

I seem to have gotten distracted by Captain Chorizo's highlighting of the death of some old French woman. Where was I? Ah yes- the updated scoreboard. Gcreptile and The Quim Reaper continue to rack up the (?unwanted) hits and continue to lead the scoreboard in the first half of this contest. Death Impends and GUN also continue to add hits for bugger all points. The big winner this time round though is ZZZ, the boring predicable team made up of the most popular picks from all the players. 7 of the top 25 picks have gone early, leaping ZZZ up into 3rd place.

Down at the bottom, Predictor has finally decided to get up of his/her arse and join the race, leaving only Ebless and Yorkshire Banker still tying their laces in the changing rooms.

As always, if I have missed anyone, let me know. 

GcReptile (666 points) 9 hits

[Alcee Hastings, Anne Buydens, Donna Britt, Jory Post, Josh Evans, Mike Miller, Rodion Rosca, Sarena Li, Yoo Sang-Chul]

The Quim Reaper (596 points) 9 hits

[Anne Buydens, Carlos Menem, Dai Davies, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Moore]

ZZZ (572 points) 7 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

Death Impends (549 points) 8 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Carl J. Shapiro, Ian St. John, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Norman Lloyd, Raymond Cauchetier, S.Prestley Blake, Tom Moore*]

Captain Chorizo (528 points) 5 hits

[Anne Buydens*, Jeanne Bot, Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal, Vassos Lyssarides]

Drol (495 points) 7 hits

[Dovid Soloveitchic, Emmanuel Evans-Anfom, Frank Worthington, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Norman Lloyd, Toko Shinodam, Vittore Bochetta ]

Grim Up North (493 points) 8 hits

[Dai Davies, Lee Noble, Leon Spinks , Paul Westphal, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Susan Bayh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

Markb4 (476 points) 5 hits

[Anne Buydens, Beverly Cleary, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh]

Chilean Way (474 points) 6 hits

[Carlos Menem, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip*, Rush Limbaugh]

Joey Russ (446 points) 6 hits

[Bob Fass, Larry King, Leon Spinks*, Norman Lloyd, Paul Westphal, Prince Philip, Sylvain Sylvain]

Eesti (441 points) 7 hits

[Dai Davies, Floyd Little, Leon Spinks, Noel Conway, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang Chul]

The Unknown Man (422 points) 6 hits

[Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

[Beverly Cleary, Carlos Menem, Dai Davies*, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh]

The Old Lady (392 points) 6 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Michael McKevitt, Rush Limbaugh*, Yoo Sang-Chul]

Wormfarmer (388 points) 4 hits

[Alcee Hastings, Norman Lloyd, Tommy Lasorda, Yoo Sang Chul]

[Beverly Cleary, Carlos Menem, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh*, Tom Moore]

Msc (357 points) 4 hits

Whoaml (321 points) 4 hits

[Larry King, Murray Walker, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip]

[Andre Maranne, Brian Urquart, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Walter Bernstein]

Etushispushingupdaisies (309 points) 4 hit

[Dai Davies, Lars Goran Petrov, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang Chul]

Liz (290 points) 5 hits

Kenny (288 points) 6 hits

[Dai Davies, Kathy Shaidle, Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

[Carlos Menem, Dai Davies, Floyd Little, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh ]

Deathray (286 points) 3 hits

[Johnny Briggs, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip]

An Fear Beag (261points) 4 hits

[Larry King, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang Chul]

Death by Arsenic (251 points) 3 hits

Etib8 (228 points) 2 hits

[Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip]

Toast (199 point) 3 hits

Exu (169 points) 4 hits

Predictor(134 points) 1 hit

[Mike Carter]

[Michael Collins]

[Johnny Pierson]

Book (40 points) 2 hits

Ebless(0 points) 0 hit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I seem to have gotten distracted by Captain Chorizo's highlighting of the death of some old French woman. Where was I? Ah yes- the updated scoreboard. Gcreptile and The Quim Reaper continue to rack up the (?unwanted) hits and continue to lead the scoreboard in the first half of this contest. Death Impends and GUN also continue to add hits for bugger all points. The big winner this time round though is ZZZ, the boring predicable team made up of the most popular picks from all the players. 7 of the top 25 picks have gone early, leaping ZZZ up into 3rd place.

Down at the bottom, Predictor has finally decided to get up of his/her arse and join the race, leaving only Ebless and Yorkshire Banker still tying their laces in the changing rooms.

As always, if I have missed anyone, let me know. 

[Alcee Hastings, Anne Buydens, Donna Britt, Jory Post, Josh Evans, Mike Miller, Rodion Rosca, Sarena Li, Yoo Sang-Chul]

The Quim Reaper (596 points) 9 hits

[Anne Buydens, Carlos Menem, Dai Davies, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Moore]

ZZZ (572 points) 7 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

[Beverly Cleary, Carl J. Shapiro, Ian St. John, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Norman Lloyd, Raymond Cauchetier, S.Prestley Blake, Tom Moore*]

Drol (495 points) 7 hits

[Dovid Soloveitchic, Emmanuel Evans-Anfom, Frank Worthington, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Norman Lloyd, Toko Shinodam, Vittore Bochetta ]

Chilean Way (474 points) 6 hits

[Carlos Menem, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip*, Rush Limbaugh]

Grim Up North (462 points) 8 hits

[Dai Davies, Lee Noble, Leon Spinks , Paul Westphal, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Susan Bayh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

[Bob Fass, Larry King, Leon Spinks*, Norman Lloyd, Paul Westphal, Prince Philip, Sylvain Sylvain]

[Dai Davies, Floyd Little, Leon Spinks, Noel Conway, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang Chul]

[Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

[Beverly Cleary, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Michael McKevitt, Rush Limbaugh*, Yoo Sang-Chul]

Wormfarmer (388 points) 4 hits

[Alcee Hastings, Norman Lloyd, Tommy Lasorda, Yoo Sang Chul]

Msc (357 points) 4 hits

Liz (290 points) 5 hits

[Dai Davies, Kathy Shaidle, Leon Spinks, Paul Westphal, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

An Fear Beag (261points) 4 hits

[Larry King, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang Chul]

Toast (199 point) 3 hits

Exu (169 points) 4 hits

Predictor(134 points) 1 hit

[Mike Carter]

[Michael Collins]

[Johnny Pierson]

Book (40 points) 2 hits

Ebless(0 points) 0 hit

Hi AFB - my score has gone from 336 to 462 which is 126 points.

Yoo Sang Chul died 7th June so worth about 158 points so I think maths are wrong?

cheers, GUN

6 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Hi AFB - my score has gone from 336 to 462 which is 126 points.

Yoo Sang Chul died 7th June so worth about 158 points so I think maths are wrong?

cheers, GUN

Apologies GUN. Clerical error - I entered the death date on my spreadsheet as 07/05 rather than 07/06. No-one else was affected 

The leaderboard has been updated. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

One hit, yet just 2 points behind someone with 4 hits, lol! Anyway, the first half of the year is just pre-season to me. :D I fully expect the other 24 names to die no sooner than September. :86396961:

As one of life's great tortoises when it came to shuffling off, it seems only right to honour Dilip Kumar with his own update in the Hare's pool. Eight teams correctly predicted that the epic battle of Reaper Vs Kumar would finally be settled this year in favour of the one true Immortal..

Drol is rewarded for the outrageous gamble of jokering Kumar by hitting the top the leaderboard, with Quim Reaper continuing to rack up the hits in second place, and the ZZZ wisdom of the crowd team holding position in third.

Others may also have croaked it since the last update, but they can wait for now - this one is all about the deadpool legend that was Dilip Kumar. RIP.

Drol (869 points) 8 hits

[Dilip Kumar*, Dovid Soloveitchic, Emmanuel Evans-Anfom, Frank Worthington, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Norman Lloyd, Toko Shinodam, Vittore Bochetta ]

The Quim Reaper (783 points) 10 hits

[Anne Buydens, Carlos Menem, Dai Davies, Dilip Kumar, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Moore]

ZZZ (759 points) 8 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Dilip Kumar, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang-Chul]

Chilean Way (661 points) 7 hits

[Carlos Menem, Dilip Kumar, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Norman Lloyd, Prince Philip*, Rush Limbaugh]

En Passant (596 points) 8 hits

[Beverly Cleary, Carlos Menem, Dai Davies*, Dilip Kumar, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Rush Limbaugh]

Wormfarmer (575 points) 5 hits

[Alcee Hastings, Dilip Kumar, Norman Lloyd, Tommy Lasorda, Yoo Sang Chul]

Grim Up North (493 points) 8 hits

An Fear Beag (448 points) 5 hits

[Dilip Kumar, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh, Yoo Sang Chul]

Charles De Gaulle (408 points) 6 hits

[Carlos Menem, Dilip Kumar, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Prince Philip, Walter Bernstein]

Msc (357 points) 4 hits

Nantonian (323 points) 5 hits

[Dilip Kumar, Larry King, Leon Spinks, Rush Limbaugh. Tom Moore]

Liz (290 points) 5 hits

Toast (199 point) 3 hits