Jump to content
Joey Russ

The 2021 Deathlist Cup

Recommended Posts

Just now, xXConmanXx said:

bro chill i didin't even know what i was getting into back then i changed my mind about even participating 

Well here’s a tip. Read the fucking rules before deciding whether to enter a fucking pool. Don’t want to read them? Then don’t enter pools. It’s not that hard

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I would have gotten three hits (Diamond, Spinks, Davies) so far. At least I start feeling like I deserve my place in the second round. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xXConmanXx said:

bro chill i didin't even know what i was getting into back then i changed my mind about even participating 

 

If you insist on your posting history to continue being equal parts spammy and combative, it'll be mod preview for you. Do tread more cautiously from now on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Annami said:

Wow, I would have gotten three hits (Diamond, Spinks, Davies) so far. At least I start feeling like I deserve my place in the second round. :biggrin:

 

I would be on 2 hits by now so I'm in the same boat. Considering how much of a window-licker my opponent has turned out to be on the forums, I'm going to take that as a win that never was and a deserving place in the second round!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

 

I would be on 2 hits by now so I'm in the same boat. Considering how much of a window-licker my opponent has turned out to be on the forums, I'm going to take that as a win that never was and a deserving place in the second round!

If it makes the two of you feel better I did think both of you had some of the strongest teams for this round. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

 

If you insist on your posting history to continue being equal parts spammy and combative, it'll be mod preview for you. Do tread more cautiously from now on.

 

Why waste your time? - just ban the cunt and be done with it. I'd prefer 20 Deathrays or Coffin Lodgers to this dickhead. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After some thought to it, I am announcing that should xXConmanXx or any of his alts change his minds years down the line (if he survives long enough, that is) that he will be permanently barred from ever taking part of the cup ever again. I want to be very clear that this isn’t something that is going to happen very often, nor do I wish to do again. But I feel given his general disregard for both the hosts and the competitors alike warrants his permanent ban from cup competition. 
Now I’m aware some people want me to also deal with the other folk who constantly whine about every little nitpick that they think is wrong in the cup, but for all of their complaints to the host they at least have some respect for both the host and the competitors alike. xXConmanXx however doesn’t show any respect to folk competing in the cup. It is very clear to me that he should not have any privileges to participate in the cup, and that will also carry over to other pools I host such as the Advent Avalanche and The Crowdsource List.

Let this be a lesson for folk that reading the rules are important and that anyone who joins the cup should take this seriously. I’m not banning everyone who doesn’t participate in the cup after saying they will to be clear (it seems like the other no show just genuinely forgot and I would be willing to give them a second chance to compete in the cup in the future), but being very adversarial to both hosts and competitors after not sending in anything will not be tolerated. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

After some thought to it, I am announcing that should xXConmanXx or any of his alts change his minds years down the line (if he survives long enough, that is) that he will be permanently barred from ever taking part of the cup ever again. I want to be very clear that this isn’t something that is going to happen very often, nor do I wish to do again. But I feel given his general disregard for both the hosts and the competitors alike warrants his permanent ban from cup competition. 
Now I’m aware some people want me to also deal with the other folk who constantly whine about every little nitpick that they think is wrong in the cup, but for all of their complaints to the host they at least have some respect for both the host and the competitors alike. xXConmanXx however doesn’t show any respect to folk competing in the cup. It is very clear to me that he should not have any privileges to participate in the cup, and that will also carry over to other pools I host such as the Advent Avalanche and The Crowdsource List.

Let this be a lesson for folk that reading the rules are important and that anyone who joins the cup should take this seriously. I’m not banning everyone who doesn’t participate in the cup after saying they will to be clear (it seems like the other no show just genuinely forgot and I would be willing to give them a second chance to compete in the cup in the future), but being very adversarial to both hosts and competitors after not sending in anything will not be tolerated. 

Joey while you are at could you also put into the rulebook that I automatically get 10 points. Pretty please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Joey while you are at could you also put into the rulebook that I automatically get 10 points. Pretty please.

Silly De Gaulle. That’s only reserved for hosts and former hosts to get. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milford Graves has drummed his last beat, and such he has reached a Grand Unification with the afterlife itself. In terms of the cup, BabyBlue gets the unique hit of him and now has an even bigger lead against CalebH, whose hopes of making it to round 2 continue to dwindle...

 

  1. Baby Blue vs CalebH 10 - 3

  2. Djemba Djemba vs JoeMoneyPenny 6 - 0

  3. BuffaloPhil vs nantonian2013 3 - 6

  4. The Old Crem vs YorkshireBanker 0 - 6

  5. Markb4 vs Charles De Gaulle 0 - 0

  6. GreatUncleBulgaria vs Gooseberry Crumble 3 - 0

  7. ThereWillBeDeaths7 vs GuyFromFuture 7 - 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Menem menem, dead dead dead dead dead. The former President of Argentina had a lot wrong with him and as such he was a very popular pick in the cup. So popular in fact that all except one tie gets some points. First, CalebH cashes his joker, and as such he’s now one point from overtaking Baby Blue. Well, until you realize they also had him. So far it seems like one Milford Graves is the decider of the match. Just like the DDP potentially. Djemba Djemba was the other joker that round, and he now holds a 9 point lead against Joemoneypenny. Charles De Gaulle scores his first points against markb4, which now has every single tie having at least some points in round. Both Old Crem and Yorkshire had Menem which leaves that match effectively the same score difference. Great Uncle Bulgaria gets a bigger lead against Gooseberry, who predicted the enema would ravage in 2021. Well, it seems like it has, just not necessarily with the members he picked. Oh, and ThereWillBeDeaths7 continues his massive lead over GuyFromFuture. Er, some advice for the latter, you might want to check your time machine to make sure you’re not accidentally sending yourself to February 2021 BC...

 

  1. Baby Blue vs CalebH 13 - 9

  2. Djemba Djemba vs JoeMoneyPenny 12 - 3

  3. BuffaloPhil vs nantonian2013 3 - 6

  4. The Old Crem vs YorkshireBanker 3 - 9

  5. Markb4 vs Charles De Gaulle 0 - 3

  6. GreatUncleBulgaria vs Gooseberry Crumble 6 - 0

  7. ThereWillBeDeaths7 vs GuyFromFuture 10 - 0

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Menem menem, dead dead dead dead dead. The former President of Argentina had a lot wrong with him and as such he was a very popular pick in the cup. So popular in fact that all except one tie gets some points. First, CalebH cashes his joker, and as such he’s now one point from overtaking Baby Blue. Well, until you realize they also had him. So far it seems like one Milford Graves is the decider of the match. Just like the DDP potentially. Djemba Djemba was the other joker that round, and he now holds a 9 point lead against Joemoneypenny. Charles De Gaulle scores his first points against markb4, which now has every single tie having at least some points in round. Both Old Crem and Yorkshire had Menem which leaves that match effectively the same score difference. Great Uncle Bulgaria gets a bigger lead against Gooseberry, who predicted the enema would ravage in 2021. Well, it seems like it has, just not necessarily with the members he picked. Oh, and ThereWillBeDeaths7 continues his massive lead over GuyFromFuture. Er, some advice for the latter, you might want to check your time machine to make sure you’re not accidentally sending yourself to February 2021 BC...

 

  1. Baby Blue vs CalebH 13 - 9

  2. Djemba Djemba vs JoeMoneyPenny 12 - 3

  3. BuffaloPhil vs nantonian2013 3 - 6

  4. The Old Crem vs YorkshireBanker 3 - 9

  5. Markb4 vs Charles De Gaulle 0 - 3

  6. GreatUncleBulgaria vs Gooseberry Crumble 6 - 0

  7. ThereWillBeDeaths7 vs GuyFromFuture 10 - 0

That first line is why you get the big bucks :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an incredible first month for popular picks in the Cup.

 

As I'm often lucky enough to get a bye in the first round one of my tactics is to gather all the first round picks and schedule them by number of times picked.

 

Normally there is mixed success at the top of the list - remember we're only talking about 28 days in Feb.

 

Yet this year the top 4 most popular picks are all dead and we're only 17 days in! 

 

Carlos Menem 9 picks, 2 jokers

Rush Limbaugh 6 picks, 1 joker

Dai Davies 4 picks, 1 joker

Leon Spinks 3 picks, 1 joker

 

And Captain Tom was the 7th ranked pick as one of the two who selected him had him as their joker.

 

None of this will help me as I get massacred by Spade in March and that means I probably won't get a bye next year either!

 

PS For those of you wondering..... Ruthie Tompson is number 5 on the list with 3 picks and 1 joker.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, seem like a lot of the most popular picks are Rushing out of here right now. And I also have to Rush my team in tomorrow before I start accepting March entries for the cup. Feck me. 
So, who all pick this piece of shit this time in the cup? Well, Gooseberry Crumble finally picks up his first points for the cup. However, that doesn’t really matter as Limbaugh was also Great Uncle Bulgaria’s joker, really setting him up to go against Banana, who’s a definite force to be reckoned with. Limbaugh is an important hit for two matches however. First, BuffaloPhil gets his second hit of this match, and because he got more hits than nantonian2013, he takes the lead against him. Second, markb4 also had Rush Limbaugh and effectively ties against Charles de Gaulle. However, because Rush is younger than Menem, markb4 effectively takes the lead against him! Not something I would’ve guessed going into this round, I’ll admit. :o 

In other news, Djemba Djemba and ThereWillBeDeaths7 also score with Rush, and frankly I’d be amazed if either of their opponents were able to come back from that. Make this be a lesson for future forum members, if your name suggests that you have an edge against all competitors, you probably aren’t going very far. In fact, in what might be the biggest irony to date, GuyFromFuture is the only team with no points now! 

 

  1. Baby Blue vs CalebH 13 - 9

  2. Djemba Djemba vs JoeMoneyPenny 15 - 3

  3. BuffaloPhil vs nantonian2013 6 - 6

  4. The Old Crem vs YorkshireBanker 3 - 9

  5. Markb4 vs Charles De Gaulle 3 - 3

  6. GreatUncleBulgaria vs Gooseberry Crumble 12 - 3

  7. ThereWillBeDeaths7 vs GuyFromFuture 13 - 0

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mark beats the Kid that'll be a genuine shock, no offence to him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, msc said:

If Mark beats the Kid that'll be a genuine shock, no offence to him.

 

None taken, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Indeed, seem like a lot of the most popular picks are Rushing out of here right now. And I also have to Rush my team in tomorrow before I start accepting March entries for the cup. Feck me. 
So, who all pick this piece of shit this time in the cup? Well, Gooseberry Crumble finally picks up his first points for the cup. However, that doesn’t really matter as Limbaugh was also Great Uncle Bulgaria’s joker, really setting him up to go against Banana, who’s a definite force to be reckoned with. Limbaugh is an important hit for two matches however. First, BuffaloPhil gets his second hit of this match, and because he got more hits than nantonian2013, he takes the lead against him. Second, markb4 also had Rush Limbaugh and effectively ties against Charles de Gaulle. However, because Rush is younger than Menem, markb4 effectively takes the lead against him! Not something I would’ve guessed going into this round, I’ll admit. :o 

In other news, Djemba Djemba and ThereWillBeDeaths7 also score with Rush, and frankly I’d be amazed if either of their opponents were able to come back from that. Make this be a lesson for future forum members, if your name suggests that you have an edge against all competitors, you probably aren’t going very far. In fact, in what might be the biggest irony to date, GuyFromFuture is the only team with no points now! 

 

  1. Baby Blue vs CalebH 13 - 9

  2. Djemba Djemba vs JoeMoneyPenny 15 - 3

  3. BuffaloPhil vs nantonian2013 6 - 6

  4. The Old Crem vs YorkshireBanker 3 - 9

  5. Markb4 vs Charles De Gaulle 3 - 3

  6. GreatUncleBulgaria vs Gooseberry Crumble 12 - 3

  7. ThereWillBeDeaths7 vs GuyFromFuture 13 - 0

Dont write me off yet Mr!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, I have sent my team over to msc for safekeeping, which now means entries for round 2 has opened up. Good luck everyone. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2021 at 18:36, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Drawing up my list for next month just incase....

 

 

Aye, I'm in action

 

Just Googled my joker to see how he's doing since I reckoned him naileded on for action in January - he won't be taking the field: https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19087460.tributes-paid-brighton-father-james-roocroft-death-pancreatic-cancer/

 

Improbably, he even got written up in The Sun, but I'll still avoid putting his name in the post because I figured him for a potential ranter fire magnet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

 

Aye, I'm in action

 

Just Googled my joker to see how he's doing since I reckoned him naileded on for action in January - he won't be taking the field: https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19087460.tributes-paid-brighton-father-james-roocroft-death-pancreatic-cancer/

 

Improbably, he even got written up in The Sun, but I'll still avoid putting his name in the post because I figured him for a potential ranter fire magnet.

 

The Cup doesn't allow FFBI types any more Mary - just thought I'd let you know in case you were planning to submit a full squad of them near the deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grim Up North said:

 

The Cup doesn't allow FFBI types any more Mary - just thought I'd let you know in case you were planning to submit a full squad of them near the deadline.

FFBI was actually barred since the second year it was around. And yeah, everything I can tell by this person is that they are FFBI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that's my one claim to fame on this forum - trailblazing the banning of FFBI picks from our various deadpools.

 

Well that and all the crap, crap jokes. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

 

The Cup doesn't allow FFBI types any more Mary - just thought I'd let you know in case you were planning to submit a full squad of them near the deadline.

 

 

Aye, fully understood but I was planning to run it past the boss hereabouts, partly on the basis of the man's late in the day role as a campaigner. On balance I think he'd likely have failed the test but there are those - Noel Conway, for example - who've expanded their FFBI into becoming what you might call alternative style icons, or summat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use