Lafaucheuse

Twisted DL

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Bishop out, Louie Anderson in, thanks.

It may look like I'm copying Book here but it does seem the best chess move in the game right now!:D

I wish my DDP team consisted of these candidates! :lol:

1 minute ago, Book said:

I wish my DDP team consisted of these candidates! :lol:

Bishop was in my DDP team.

• Like 1

May I replace Russell Bishop with Susie Steiner please.

• Like 1

Bishop out, Diane Berberian (marathon runner) runs in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Léonore Oyarzun is a solo hit for @chilean way which means 6 points : congrats ! 

please choose another one 

+ @gcreptile you still have one candidate to choose :) 

thanks !

Thanks for the reminder, I was a little busy... well... what about Louie Anderson.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Léonore Oyarzun is a solo hit for @chilean way which means 6 points : congrats ! 

please choose another one 

I choose Pelé instead, thanks

• Like 3

all good for both of you ! Chilean way you're up 4 places just with one death : congrats ! 

• Thanks 1

Louie Anderson gone (wow, is that good or bad in this game?), Lata Mangeshkar in. Thanks.

• Like 1

Didn't realise how opportunistic this game was. I knew I'd be shite, but really ridiculous now.

Accordingly, I withdraw from this game. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Didn't realise how opportunistic this game was. I knew I'd be shite, but really ridiculous now.

In my defence, 4 hours or so ago Anderson looked like a really good Cup joker in waiting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

In my defence, 4 hours or so ago Anderson looked like a really good Cup joker in waiting.

In my head, I thought replacements would happen at the end of each month, rather than straight away.

So plucking people from their deathbed on a daily basis is just too much for my delicate sensibilities, ha ha.

Just now, YoungWillz said:

In my head, I thought replacements would happen at the end of each month, rather than straight away.

So plucking people from their deathbed on a daily basis is just too much for my delicate sensibilities, ha ha.

Understandable - just saying in this case it's a complete fluke of timing rather than intentional vulture squad. 

Why none of us ever get to use these powers on a Tobin or Kissinger, I don't know...

well, that was quick ! A hit for @gcreptile, @msc and @Book so not THAT many people actually… 

It means : 8 points each for msc and Book with 2 deaths in 2 days and you had to renew 2 picks on the same day + 10 for the 3 of you cause your pick dies the day you choose him = 11 for gcreptile and 19 for Book and msc, congrats that's a great score ! 

36 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yet you didn't manage to have a single point in 2 months of game :D All jokes aside, point taken, the thing is, death is unpredictable and for example Khaleda Zia or Sartzetakis were said to be on their deathbed some times ago so everyone jump on them but it turns out they're still here and have locked a place on our list for nothing. I might add a new rule to prevent those situations from happening too many times if I run the game for next year. Again, Louie Anderson wasn't supposed to die that quick honestly. But this is how it works and only 3 people managed to put him on their list in the end : you have to be able to choose one candidate before it's too late which means you have to have a hit (and therefor, a place to fill in) before the soon-to-pass celebrity does die. I wouldn't say it's opportunistic I'd say it's a bit of chance and a race against the clock.  And this is absolutely why I began the game in November and not in January in order not to have obscure but dying people on here but rather obvious picks who might linger for years and thus block spot on your list. I already explained that but It only makes sense now I think. 

Anyway good job to you 3 ! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

well, that was quick ! A hit for @gcreptile, @msc and @Book so not THAT many people actually… 

It means : 8 points each for msc and Book with 2 deaths in 2 days and you had to renew 2 picks on the same day + 10 for the 3 of you cause your pick dies the day you choose him = 11 for gcreptile and 19 for Book and msc, congrats that's a great score ! 

Yet you didn't manage to have a single point in 2 months of game :D All jokes aside, point taken, the thing is, death is unpredictable and for example Khaleda Zia or Sartzetakis were said to be on their deathbed some times ago so everyone jump on them but it turns out they're still here and have locked a place on our list for nothing. I might add a new rule to prevent those situations from happening too many times if I run the game for next year. Again, Louie Anderson wasn't supposed to die that quick honestly. But this is how it works and only 3 people managed to put him on their list in the end : you have to be able to choose one candidate before it's too late which means you have to have a hit (and therefor, a place to fill in) before the soon-to-pass celebrity does die. I wouldn't say it's opportunistic I'd say it's a bit of chance and a race against the clock.  And this is absolutely why I began the game in November and not in January in order not to have obscure but dying people on here but rather obvious picks who might linger for years and thus block spot on your list. I already explained that but It only makes sense now I think. 

Anyway good job to you 3 ! 

It's my fault really, I didn't understand the "I've got a hit, quick scan of the news, they're going to die in a day, pop them on, surprise surprise they're dead too, rewind and start again" nature of the game. If I had, I would never have entered. It's not a level playing field for casual and devoted deadpoolers, it's for the vultures - no offence to anyone, fair play to them - I thought it was a monthly pool, not an hourly one. Which repulses me actually.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It's my fault really, I didn't understand the "I've got a hit, quick scan of the news, they're going to die in a day, pop them on, surprise surprise they're dead too, rewind and start again" nature of the game. If I had, I would never have entered. It's not a level playing field for casual and devoted deadpoolers, it's for the vultures - no offence to anyone, fair play to them - I thought it was a monthly pool, not an hourly one. Which repulses me actually.

Yeah I understand ! 
This is my first pool ever so I take note of all of that and maybe next year I’ll come up with something more meaningful for everyone, let’s say it’s a beta version rn but hope people like the idea anyway  :)

• Like 1

I note that you lose points if the selection dies on the day after you nominate them, so it's a gamble.

I still avoid picking people I've never heard of. 

• Like 2

I kind of forgot the rules and have lost track of my team...but I guess I choose Frank Field.

In for Mustafa Kayirici: Isabel Torres.