Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Decent list.All will get a BBC article or obituary.

@SeanThank you. Any names you think shouldn’t be on there, or any names you think are essential which are missing?

51 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Good list ! But you may spare a spot by removing Delon which is nothing but à drama queen. The only way he’ll ever die next year is if he gets euthanazied

@LafaucheuseThank you for the feedback. Who do you think would be a good replacment for Delon? Dick Van Dyke?

I can see the headlines saying “Dick Van Dyke dead at 97” for some reason. 

13 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Any names you think shouldn’t be on there, or any names you think are essential which are missing?

Sonny Rollins would be a decent bet, but may not be famous enough in the UK, same with Lando Buzzanca, Harry Whittington, Rosey Grier and Franco Migliacci. I didn't catch Pope Francis, Buzz Aldrin, or Brian Murphy there either, all of whom are good names for consideration. I can see Billy Dee Williams sadly and near enough unexpectedly passing away next year, too. I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

@LafaucheuseThank you for the feedback. Who do you think would be a good replacment for Delon? Dick Van Dyke?

I can see the headlines saying “Dick Van Dyke dead at 97” for some reason. 

maybe DVD yes, I mean he's "too old to drop" imo, you never know… but I must say, if I were you, I would go for Pope Benedict rather than DVD as suggested by Sumner in Transylvania 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

maybe DVD yes, I mean he's "too old to drop" imo, you never know… but I must say, if I were you, I would go for Pope Benedict rather than DVD as suggested by Sumner in Transylvania 

You mean Pope Francis? Pope Benny was already on there.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Has had it for four years now so definitely one to consider.

Says he has recent treatment to extend his Life but who knows. 

4 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

You mean Pope Francis? Pope Benny was already on there.

oooh I misred Sumner in Transylvania ! then, maybe you could go for someone like Constantin II, Vera Miles, Tippi Hedren, George Soros, Rupert Murdoch, Duke of Kent, Linda Nolan… But DVD is a safe pick too, don't want to discourage you, he has way more chances of dying than Delon… 

Also, are you sure with Musharaff ? And what is the thing with Chaim Topol, I see him popping out every now and then but can't find anything on his health or else

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Also, are you sure with Musharaff ? And what is the thing with Chaim Topol, I see him popping out every now and then but can't find anything on his health or else

Musharaff was pronounced gravely ill (even dead by some sources) in June, suffering from amyloidosis resulting in organ malfunction.

Topol has advanced Alzheimer’s to the point he apparently cannot recognise his son. 

Vladimir Putin is also an addition I am seriously considering.

• Shocked 1

On 06/11/2022 at 22:20, Lafaucheuse said:

Maybe DVD yes, I mean he's "too old to drop" imo, you never know… but I must say, if I were you, I would go for Pope Benedict rather than DVD as suggested by Summer in Transylvania. 

I'm keeping DVD for those reasons. I am deliberating whether to drop him from my unofficial list*, but I don't especially want to because I don't want him to be a miss. 

*As of 2023, I am going to have two Shadowlists, one "official" and one "unofficial". The Unofficial List is a 50-name list that I shall probably end up using in pools about the forum here and there, while my Official List is my yearly (est.2021) 55-name list that I enter for my own pool among friends. I would combine the two, but "The rules of this pool must be obeyed" (A School for Good and Evil reference, I recommend watching it on Netflix) and so that I may go against my own, but not necessarily everyone else's, I feel that this is the best course of action. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Musharaff was pronounced gravely ill (even dead by some sources) in June, suffering from amyloidosis resulting in organ malfunction.

Topol has advanced Alzheimer’s to the point he apparently cannot recognise his son. 

Oh completely forgot about musharraf health scare this summer that’s true thanks ! 
And i din’t know about topol, might consider him too now…

Putin is a possibility, but I can’t make up my mind rn, I’ll probably wait for the last minute and the last updates to decide weither I should include him or not..

8 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

oooh I misred Sumner in Transylvania ! then, maybe you could go for someone like Constantin II, Vera Miles, Tippi Hedren, George Soros, Rupert Murdoch, Duke of Kent, Linda Nolan… But DVD is a safe pick too, don't want to discourage you, he has way more chances of dying than Delon… 

Topol has advanced dementia.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Musharraf has been on my longlist since the beginning, and will see both of my shortlists if he makes it to 2023. 

Ironically, I keep forgetting about Topol, but I can cope with that miss over Dick Van Dyke. 

Putin is shortlisted for my unofficial list, and Lavrov is a sub. Once the leader falls, the rest of the inner circle may follow suit (see the Nazis). 

Constantine II is very ill, long history of ill health including severe stroke in 2018 and heart attack in 2019 and now on oxygen. I'm suprised he even looked that great in those new pictures as he hadn't been seen since around December 2021 when he was in critical condition with pulmonary edema/pneumonia.

• Like 2

Seeing as a few sneak peeks of lists have been revealed, here is the first draft of my unofficial list, currently unordered:

Rolf Harris, Wilhelm Buesing, Henry Kissinger, Jules Walter, Bas de Gaay Fortman, Douglas Hurd, Norman Tebbit, Gianluca Vialli, Bob Barker, Joan Morecambe, Rob Burrow, Harry Belafonte, Sir Michael A. Epstein, Andres Garcia, James Whale, Clive Revill, Tony Bennett, Rosey Grier, Frank Field, Pelé, Roberta Flack, Jeanette Lee, John Astin, Bill Cobbs, Rosalynn Carter, Ted Kaczynski, Jean-Marie Le Pen, Glynis Johns, Khamtai Siphandon(e), Jon Rumney, William Russell, Brian Murphy, Joanne Woodward, Franco Migliacci, Norman Lear, Jacques Delors, Milan Kundera, Andy Taylor, Harry Whittington, Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis, Pervez Musharraf, Hazel McCallion, Constantine II, Jimmy Carter, Lucile Randon, Bill Roache, James Earl Jones. 

Please let me know if I have missed any rather obvious candidates. 

On 06/11/2022 at 17:12, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

I don't think Lionel Fanthorpe has been mentioned on this forum before. Former priest and presenter who notably hosted Fortean TV on Channel 4.

He's 88 in February. He's recently started a Youtube channel and is starting to look his age. 

Saw him on stage as recently as September and I wouldn't pick him. Granted, outsprinting him in the coffee break was a piece of piss, but he gave a conference presentation, chatted aimiably to everyone and generally still had his paranormal marbles about him.

• Like 1

Few french prominent names that I'm considering adding to my French list

Edith Cresson (b. 1934) : first woman prime minister of France between 1991 and 1992. 

• Jacqueline de Ribes (b. 1929) : socialit, stylist, countess. Still active and looks quite good I must say. 

• Pierre Perret (b. 1934) : popular singer. Still touring so probably not that frail but one to keep an eye on.

• Laurence Badie (b. 1928) : popular actress, frail and rumors of dementia and Alzheimer in the last years. Has retired from public eyes recently. Makes me think of Prunella Scales a lot. 

• Helene David Weill (b. 1933) : mecene, art collector, part of the David-Weill banker family. Her husband died this year : can it finishes her off ? 

• Pierre Joxe (b. 1934) : former minister of Armed forces, of the Interior and of industry. hasn't been seen in years now but has been accused of sexual harassment recently. 

• Catherine Samie (b. 1933) : actress and societaire from the Comédie Française. Hasn't been seen in years too and looked quite frail in this photo from 2016. 

• Jean Tulard (b. 1933) : historian, universitarian, professor. Still gives conferences but always looked frail. 

• Pierre Joliot (b. 1932) : scientist, former director of the CNRS, universitarian, brother of Helene Langevin Joliot and grandson of Pierre and Marie Curie. Hasn't been seen in years.

• Helene Langevin-Joliot (b. 1925) : scientist, universitarian, great mind, sister of Pierre Joliot and granddaughter of Pierre and Marie Curie. looked frail in recent occasions. 

• Claude Bessy (b. 1932) : danseuse étoile, famous figure. Was seen in public last year at Patrick Dupont's funeral and wasn't particularly frail.

• Genevieve de Fontenay (b. 1932) : head of the Miss France Committee from 1981 to 2007 and miss by herself. Socialit too. Wasn't seen since last year, but we'll probably hear of her soon enough as she will trash talk the current Miss France contest as usual 

• Grabriel de Broglie (b. 1931) : academician and official. Hasn't been seen in years. 

• Yvette Roudy (b. 1929) : feminist and former minister for gender equality. rumored of dementia and frail looking. 

• Pierre Vial (b. 1928) : societaire and actor of the Comédie Française. Looked frail for years now. 

• Roland Bertin (b. 1931) societaire and actor of the Comédie Française. Obese, frail-looking. This article is from 2015 and he doesn't look like a picture of health.

• Jacques Sereys (b. 1928) : societaire and actor of the Comédie Française. retired and unseen for years. 

• André Lajoinie (b. 1929) : former presidential candidate in 1988 from the Communist Party. No news on him. 

All of them will probably get a qo in UK. I'm considering putting several of them on my French list for next year. 

I will probably continue this list with 1920's people in the next days. 

18 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Seeing as a few sneak peeks of lists have been revealed, here is the first draft of my unofficial list, currently unordered:

Rolf Harris, Wilhelm Buesing, Henry Kissinger, Jules Walter, Bas de Gaay Fortman, Douglas Hurd, Norman Tebbit, Abigail K. K. Kawananakoa, Bob Barker, Joan Morecambe, Rob Burrow, Harry Belafonte, Sir Michael A. Epstein, Andres Garcia, Lando Buzzanca, Clive Revill, Tony Bennett, Rosey Grier, Frank Field, Pelé, Bill Treacher, Vladimir Putin, John Astin, Bill Cobbs, Rosalynn Carter, Ted Kaczynski, Jean-Marie Le Pen, Glynis Johns, Khamtai Siphandon(e), Jon Rumney, William Russell, Brian Murphy, Joanne Woodward, Franco Migliacci, Norman Lear, Jacques Delors, Milan Kundera, Andy Taylor, Harry Whittington, Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis, Pervez Musharraf, Hazel McCallion, Leslie Phillips, Jimmy Carter, Lucile Randon, Bill Roache, James Earl Jones. 

Please let me know if I have missed any rather obvious candidates. 

Maybe King Constantine II by the sounds of it, but as I didn’t have him initially, I cannot complain. Maybe replace Bill Roache or one of those who wouldn’t pass the famousness test (Randon, Whittington) with Constantine.

Taking onboard certain advice, for my list in progress, I have now swapped James Earl Jones for Constantine and Alain Delon for Dick Van Dyke. James Earl Jones is still on standby though; not one to ignore for 2023. Buzz Aldrin may very well hold out until 2024; still quite active on Twitter even though that doesn’t say much.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2022 at 19:41, Steve said:

A provisional half 2023 shadow list for me: 1) Henry Kissinger, 2) Jimmy Carter, 3) Frank Field, 4) Linda Nolan, 5) Joanne Woodward, 6) Glynis John's, 7) James Whale, 8) Rolf Harris, 9) Barbara Walters, 10) Sandy Gall, 11) Dennis Skinner, 12) George Alagiah, 13) Andy Taylor, 14) Leslie Philips, 15) Buzz Aldrin, 16) Ryan O' Neal, 17) Willie Nelson, 18) Norman Tebbit, 19) Pele, 20) Jean Marsh, 21) Joni Mitchell, 22) Joss Auckland, 23) Shannen Doherty, 24) Stanley Baxter, 25) Sir Bobby Charlton. Obviously still need to work on my other half and of course revise these should we have a busy end to 2022. Any ideas/thoughts? 

Well as my provisional no 14 Leslie Phillips (RIP) did not make it to 2023 I will replace his spot with Pope Benedict XVI

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Maybe King Constantine II by the sounds of it, but as I didn’t have him initially, I cannot complain. Maybe replace Bill Roache or one of those who wouldn’t pass the famousness test (Randon, Whittington) with Constantine.

Taking onboard certain advice, for my list in progress, I have now swapped James Earl Jones for Constantine and Alain Delon for Dick Van Dyke. James Earl Jones is still on standby though; not one to ignore for 2023. Buzz Aldrin may very well hold out until 2024; still quite active on Twitter even though that doesn’t say much.

James Earl Jones was not on standby for very long at all! RIP Leslie. A shame he couldn’t Carry On any longer.

Actress and modem Julia Fox is only 32 but has a concerning history of drug addiction and has lost a tons of weight since she came to fame. Here is a before and after (last photo from yesterday apparently with Martha Stewart)

F4E3CC0C-CD2D-4838-9212-8186F687EA4E.jpeg

91C7142D-1F0E-4397-88CD-E4F4C12DC373.jpeg

2 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

James Earl Jones was not on standby for very long at all! RIP Leslie. A shame he couldn’t Carry On any longer.

Admittedly, with Don King’s very recent hospitalisation, I only just sneakily re-replaced James Earl Jones with King. But then I saw Bill Treacher had died, so Jones is back with on my list yet again! 

2 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Admittedly, with Don King’s very recent hospitalisation, I only just sneakily re-replaced James Earl Jones with King. But then I saw Bill Treacher had died, so Jones is back with on my list yet again! 

Don’t you want to remove him from your list one more time to give us one more chance of having a third hit today ? :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Don’t you want to remove him from your list one more time to give us one more chance of having a third hit today ? :) 

Yes, Paul Hogan is rumoured to be quite ill these days, isn’t he? Doing it!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Yes, Paul Hogan is rumoured to be quite ill these days, isn’t he? Doing it!

I hope one of you candidate will soon enough and kindly give his/her spot to Earl Jones ! I will really much appreciate if that person turns out to be hum let’s say Carter or Pelé ? ;) 

On 12/10/2022 at 18:59, The Daredevil said:
On 08/10/2022 at 23:57, The Daredevil said:
On 05/10/2022 at 01:42, The Daredevil said:
On 01/10/2022 at 11:28, The Daredevil said:

Thoughts of what the 2023 DeathList will look like at this rate

Carry overs

Dick Van Dyke

Henry Kissinger

Angela Lansbury Noam Chomsky 

Bob Barker

Alan Greenspan

Nigel Starmer-Smith

Loretta Lynn  Burt Bacharach 

Jimmy Carter

Tony Bennett 

Harry Belafonte 

Mel Brooks

David Attenborough 

Emperor Akihito 

Leslie Phillips Bobby Charlton 

Rosalynn Carter

Sandy Gall

Ted Kaczynski 

Jean-Marie Le Pen

Cleo Laine

Jacques Delors

Prunella Scales

Stanley Baxter

Pelé

Joss Ackland

Shane MacGowan 

Returnees

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Pope Benedict 

Barbara Walters

Joanne Woodward 

Bob Newhart

General Pervez Musharraf

Yoko Ono

Willie Nelson

Vanessa Redgrave

Liza Minnelli 

New additions

Giorgio Napolitano 

John Farnham

Glynis Johns

James Watson

Jiang Zemin

Frank Field

Gina Lollobrigida 

June Spencer

Joan Plowright 

George Soros

Gene Hackman

James Earl Jones

Buzz Aldrin

Jack Nicholson 

Peter Tobin Rolf Harris 

Lynn’s untimely demise leaves her carry over spot vacant for Burt Bacharach on the 2023 DL.

Replacing the late Tobin with Rolf Harris (bound to be a candidate and a hit if he makes the 2023 starting line). 

Angela’s sad demise leaves her position open for Noam Chomsky to return on the 2023 DL.

Bobby Charlton to be carried on in place of the late Phillips. Wow, still coming to terms with Phillips’ death despite the fact he was 98 and a half.