Josco

The Kings Of Tonga

Guest David Chestpunched

:party: Please excuse the name but I've heard at least four different rumours that the Great King died and he

seems to keep on keeping on.

The best one was that the CIA wacked him for some backward facing reason that had to do with JFK.

Now that would be an interesting death list to win but, seriously, he might not look well but he'll keep

going for a fair time. I like the site though.

David :party: chestpunch

Less talk more....

First I'm told the King of Samoa is fit as a fiddle, and now this.

I think I should give up on the foreign Royalty..

Guest david chestpunched

:D

I don't really know about that king but fit as a fiddle might translate into something nasty in their local language so you might not need to get that depressed. There could still be a blockade in French Poleneasia that might help. [i know it's spelt wrong]

You left out Idi Armin, most of the old commonwealth heads of government from the now independant states, Arthur Miller, Big Silvo and Pope John Paul II.

Your not playing six degrees of seperation in the vain hope of getting the Great King are you?

That sort of thinking has Grave consequences and You might just accidently get Kevin Bacon!

:lol:

*pull up a falling sock*

D.C

I don't really know about that king but fit as a fiddle might translate into something nasty in their local language so you might not need to get that depressed. There could still be a blockade in French Poleneasia that might help. [i know it's spelt wrong]

You left out Idi Armin, most of the old commonwealth heads of government from the now independant states, Arthur Miller, Big Silvo and Pope John Paul II.

Your not playing six degrees of seperation in the vain hope of getting the Great King are you?

That sort of thinking has Grave consequences and You might just accidently get Kevin Bacon!

*pull up a falling sock*

D.C

Yes... many thanks for that, Mr. Chestpunch.

Speaking of T4, he went back to NZ last week for another hunting trip more medical tests. He's expected back in Tonga in mid-may, all things being equal.

Yes... many thanks for that, Mr. Chestpunch.

Speaking of T4, he went back to NZ last week for another hunting trip more medical tests. He's expected back in Tonga in mid-may, all things being equal.

I had to focus on this piece of the article

"Suka ‘Otukolo of the Palace Office said today that the king was expected to return to Tonga in the second week of May."

returning to Tonga in mid-May in what type of box, I wonder. If the plan is to keep King T4 in the hospital for close to a month (4/13 to week 2 of May), something might not be right with the ol' man. :lol:

Guest convoluted-tatafu

I am hafecasi (half blooded) tongan and i do not find it offensive when i am asked if my other half is palongi... Nor does anyone mean it that way... I DO however find it very offensive when people speak of his majesty and of the tongan race as if they all need to get on a diet. If you ask me you-whoever referred to his majesty as fat bugger and made a crack about tongans geing fat-are putting yourself on the deathlist.

-malo

I am hafecasi (half blooded) tongan and i do not find it offensive when i am asked if my other half is palongi... Nor does anyone mean it that way... I DO however find it very offensive when people speak of his majesty and of the tongan race as if they all need to get on a diet. If you ask me you-whoever referred to his majesty as fat bugger and made a crack about tongans geing fat-are putting yourself on the deathlist.

-malo

Hey Convoluted Tofu, nothing wrong with the odd love handle. I've seen all the Bob and Bing "Road" films and all those hoola girls looked good to me. Have never been to Tonga but made a few friends in Fiji a while back, really fast rugby players. I wouldn't mess with any of you guys. Lovely people until you get upset. I read up about the first missionaries out there who were sometimes included in the local festivities (only on the a la carte menu mind). It wouldn't do today, too many additives. Personally, though, I prefer gravy to kava.

I hope people in Tonga are alright and unhurt, but my first reaction was the King had taken up trampolining or summat... <_<

Are there any reports of monkeys, or any stone age persons still living thereabouts, running to the centre of the islands?

Just askin', like.

Guest Madame Defarge

<_<:P

I hope people in Tonga are alright and unhurt, but my first reaction was the King had taken up trampolining or summat... :P

:D T4 totters, teeters,tumbles,triggers Tsunami?

Spokesman denies claim Tonga's king on deathbed

The New Zealand Government was recently asked to provide a plane to take the ailing King of Tonga back to his home country, amid rumours he was about to die, but the request was withdrawn.

Rumours have again been swirling that King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV has been perilously ill.

Spokesman denies claim Tonga's king on deathbed

The New Zealand Government was recently asked to provide a plane to take the ailing King of Tonga back to his home country, amid rumours he was about to die, but the request was withdrawn.

Rumours have again been swirling that King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV has been perilously ill.

Excellent news football fan! Then again, Major Bruce Shand (MC and Bar) was also on his deathbed last week and nothing came from that. He has terminal Cancer. :lol:

Damn these ill people with Royal connections!

Excellent news football fan!

It would, surely, only be excellent news if the date today was December 31st 2006, and the DL selection committee had picked him for 2007. :lol:

Taufa' is, of course, in my DDP but I'd much, much rather see him on the DL. Come on big man, keep your chin(s) up! It's only a sniffle; get back home and get on your bicycle. Maybe strum a ukelele or two, have a snack and whack some Biggie Smalls on the Nakamichi.

T4 surfing off 'Eueiki in his youth. He's not fat, see, he's just big-boned.

kingtaufainhisyouthcropped4vo.jpg

The group who had filed a lawsuit which sought to delay the opening of Tongan Parliament until the King (who is, constitutionally speaking, the only person who can open parliament) have withdrawn their objection.

The parliament had been opened by the Princess Regent Pilolevu, and session will now resume without formal opening by King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, who is still in New Zealand undergoing medical treatment.

Presumably this is acknowledgement from the hardcore constitutional monarchists in Tonga that T4 is not expected back anytime soon. Parliament have serious issues to discuss and they simply cannot wait indefinitely for T4 to return...

:blink: ?

Don't want to tempt fate; you all know I want Taufa' to last until at least 2007, but perhaps the family should be placing a speculative phone call to the good folks at Goliath Casket?

goliathcasket3fu.jpg

I want him to die this year for he is on my DDP.

Selfish I know.

Should he still be alive in December I will campaign (hopefully successfully) to get him back on the DL.

I want him to die this year for he is on my DDP.

Selfish I know.

Should he still be alive in December I will campaign (hopefully successfully) to get him back on the DL.

From my understanding, Taufa'ahau Tupou IV is well. I don't think he will pass this year, but on the verge of 90 anything is possible. Windsor you are selfish, F**k you. He will be on Deathlist 2007. :blink:

From my understanding, Taufa'ahau Tupou IV is well.

You misunderstand.

You misunderstand.

Nothing has been misunderstood untill you show me the evidence of him being unwell.

You misunderstand.

Nothing has been misunderstood untill you show me the evidence of him being unwell.

Evidence? How about almost every other post in this entire thread? Get with the programme, BS. Next you'll be telling us that Charlton Heston's won the World Sudoku Championship.

T4's health has been on the rocks for a while, it's so well-documented you'd have to be an utter halfwit not to have realised it. The very fact that DL has a thread on him should indicate something's not right, and if you'd bothered to read any of this thread, certainly the last 2 pages, you'd know that there's more evidence than we could ever need that he is seriously ill. Do everyone a favour, Banshees, and stop whoring. You only posted above to have a go at Windsor, anyway. Do it on your own time and stop clogging up a nice juicy, well-developed DL thread with your own agenda. Pretty please with sugar on top.

You misunderstand.

Evidence? How about almost every other post in this entire thread? Get with the programme, BS. Next you'll be telling us that Charlton Heston's won the World Sudoku Championship.

T4's health has been on the rocks for a while, it's so well-documented you'd have to be an utter halfwit not to have realised it. The very fact that DL has a thread on him should indicate something's not right, and if you'd bothered to read any of this thread, certainly the last 2 pages, you'd know that there's more evidence than we could ever need that he is seriously ill. Do everyone a favour, Banshees, and stop whoring. You only posted above to have a go at Windsor, anyway. Do it on your own time and stop clogging up a nice juicy, well-developed DL thread with your own agenda. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Star Crossed you really enjoy breaking the barrier to everything, I find it very humerous. First of all, I always imagine a meter, or let's say a street light. There is a green light indicating that one's health is ok.

Then there is a light that is yellow indicating that one's health is so - so. Then there is the red light. The red light indicates severe sickness, near death. I understand Taufa'ahau Tupou IV is very old being born in 1918 and is fairly overweight. But still, nothing fatal. Right above my post it was stated that his spokesman denied that his death was right next door. I don't think he will die anytime soon. Of course I'm all for The King of Tonga's presence on the 2007 Deathlist. I would brand him as the 'Yellow Light'

When I said he was doing well, I meant it in the extreme of "Well as in not dieing' - You may say or cry out loud watever you want but I doubt he is in dieing health. So as it seems - You have misunderstood myself, and accusing me of being a post whore, which that I am not. I don't appreciate your sacrasim and your disrespect, saying that I clog and ruin threads and that I should create my own for nonesense. I want you to know, that if you were any other Deathlist member I would have handled this reply much much differently.

Let's not forget who was the first kind soul to welcome you here, and by the way, I'm not really interested in chasing the number 2 spot on the all time list. Trust me - If I really wanted it I would be posting about 30 times a day.

... You also said Charles Heston who I feel stands a much greater chance of croaking this year or atleast a much better chance then Taufa'ahau Tupou IV

T4 is a very ill man.

He has spent more time in a New Zealand hospital than he has in his Kingdom this year.

When he was in Tonga, he was seen in public to be visible weak, ill and uncomfortable. He had to cut his onlt ceremonial duty short. He was also unable to open Parliament this year.

So he is infact, very unwell.

I've heard the words 'imminent' and 'death bed' used in reporting dear old T4's health in the last day or so, can't find any links though. However, I can say his obit is being prepared and more than one news outlet is booking tickets to Tonga for the proceedings.

I've heard the words 'imminent' and 'death bed' used in reporting dear old T4's health in the last day or so, can't find any links though. However, I can say his obit is being prepared and more than one news outlet is booking tickets to Tonga for the proceedings.

Excellent.

I'm sure his unusual character will get a BBC obit.

Afterall, they are dumbing down...