Paul Bearer

Phillip Schofield

Whilst I understand he's not broken the law like Huw Edwards (at least as far as we know) it seems like he's got the same reprobate mindset.

Why are producers obsessed with giving these perverts a place on our screens?

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Whilst I understand he's not broken the law like Huw Edwards (at least as far as we know) it seems like he's got the same reprobate mindset.

You mean he should be Cast Away?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Badum tissssssh

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Except that:

Edwards is sexually attracted to children or at least pictures thereof and is thus categorically a pervert.

Schofield likes other adult (if younger than himself) men and is thus not a pervert - legally or otherwise. Morally questionable behaviour? Sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Except that:

Edwards is sexually attracted to children or at least pictures thereof and is thus categorically a pervert.

Schofield likes other adult (if younger than himself) men and is thus not a pervert - legally or otherwise. Morally questionable behaviour? Sure.

Really? You really believe that?

I would suggest you know absolutely nothing about his case.

He first met the lad when he was 15, gets him a job on telly (to satisfy his own ulterior motives). Now it's confirmed that they were in a relationship from the time he was 18 onwards, but come on... The person concerned has no interest in going to the police and probably won't cooperate with them so this whole thing didn't go any further. If you ask me I think he got lucky. The whole thing stinks. Also let's not forget that Schofield did all this whilst pretending to be straight, whilst lying to his family, to the public, and not to mention his totally hypocritical moment of handing over a list of alleged pedos to David Cameron live on telly without a shred of evidence (most of the names on that list btw turning out to be innocent). 

Why are you defending this man?

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

relationship from the time he was 18 onwards.

This is legal. Had they been in any form of sexual relationship when he was 15, then yes, but 'first met' doesn't qualify or practically the whole population would be in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The whole thing stinks. Also let's not forget that Schofield did all this whilst pretending to be straight, whilst lying to his family, to the public, and not to mention his totally hypocritical moment of handing over a list of alleged pedos to David Cameron live on telly without a shred of evidence (most of the names on that list btw turning out to be innocent).

No doubt. But these are moral transgressions.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Why are you defending this man?

I'm not. And I agree his behaviour was utterly reprehensible.

But I get annoyed when people are described as perverts and paedo's when they are not - that's all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

This is legal. Had they been in any form of sexual relationship when he was 15, then yes, but 'first met' doesn't qualify or practically the whole population would be in trouble.

But I get annoyed when people are described as perverts

I'm saying I don't believe him, based on the rumours that were circulating openly online and what I was told by people in the media.

Even if he didn't break the law, not every pervert or reprobate is a criminal. They're wide terms and opinion based. For example, I'm entitled to my opinion that the man who shagged Janey Godley and produced a child with that she-beast, is a pervert.

• Haha 1

Then that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But you ought to make it clear it's an opinion and you haven't, you just called them both perverts.

You may say that doesn't matter, but if either of them ended up in gen-pop in a uk jail whether it's factual or an opinion would matter a great deal.

Look, I've already said don't like Schofields behaviour either, but there's a difference. One has broken the law and there is empirical evidence proving that, the other has not.

We don't live in a world where thought-crime is a crime. At least not yet.

9 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Then that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But you ought to make it clear it's an opinion and you haven't, you just called them both perverts.

You may say that doesn't matter, but if either of them ended up in gen-pop in a uk jail whether it's factual or an opinion would matter a great deal.

Look, I've already said don't like Schofields behaviour either, but there's a difference. One has broken the law and there is empirical evidence proving that, the other has not.

We don't live in a world where thought-crime is a crime. At least not yet.

pervert
noun
a person whose sexual behaviour is regarded as abnormal and unacceptable.

Well he's exactly that. I'm not retracting the word. I think it's very fitting for him, even if he has to share it with some worse humans.

Maybe the only reason he could get a gig on a remote island without a camera crew is because nobody wants to work with him?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Lord of the Undone flies.

• Haha 1

He was an annoying cunt before and he is an annoying cunt now with highly questionable morals and a penchant for males considerably younger than himself.

The programme will not change that.

• Like 1