Sly Ronnie

Guess the date of the next UK General Election Sweepstake!

So many things I could post from Twitter, I'm not even sure this is new but it's too perfect for today. :lol:

• Like 1

IMG_9602.thumb.jpeg.c23f5ca188aa39cc38a27b3210616423.jpeg

Well Steve, I fucking loved it.

6 minutes ago, TQR said:

IMG_9602.thumb.jpeg.c23f5ca188aa39cc38a27b3210616423.jpeg

Well Steve, I fucking loved it.

Wouldn't that just mean he's now free to stalk Sunak around the country during the campaign with his bullhorn and sign and photobomb him whenever there's press with cameras nearby? I'm sure there's a GoFundMe page somewhere that would pay his train fares. 

This though :lol:

• Like 1

Why on earth didn't they put up some kind of canopy, if he had to announce it outdoors in the rain? Is Rishi going to spend the campaign coughing and sneezing?

The first media endorsement of the campaign as unsurprisingly The Telegraph backs the Conservatives. 

After the locals I was looking forward to a calmer Summer. Alas… here we go again. 

Can Cunt still stand down as a candidate or is he locked in ? I'm guessing he's running if he's there. 

He would be one of the Portillo moments

5 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Why on earth didn't they put up some kind of canopy, if he had to announce it outdoors in the rain? Is Rishi going to spend the campaign coughing and sneezing?

I was on the way home when he made the announcement so was listening on 5 Live and they asked why couldn't he have an umbrella. Nick Eardley said as PM, he'd want the door of Number 10 in the background of the footage. The problem with an umbrella is, as a short man, Sunak would probably block out the door.

Alan Rusbridger on Twitter said it best: if only they had a £2m press briefing room to host announcements like this in. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Can Cunt still stand down as a candidate or is he locked in ? I'm guessing he's running if he's there. 

He would be one of the Portillo moments

I don't understand why Hunt is standing again. He's a multi-millionaire who will not win a leadership contest, will not see government again and could quite possibly lose his seat. What is he gaining from standing again?

4 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Image of the campaign so far 

GONW7afbUAEb6S2.jpeg

Dead Man Walking. Walking the mile.

LOLLLLLLL and what do those cunts think that'll achieve, other than totally burning the party to the ground?

637974786_Image22-05-2024at21_54.thumb.jpeg.b31ccd18e0ad1bd91ae5bccec414f07e.jpeg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TQR said:

LOLLLLLLL and what do those cunts think that'll achieve, other than totally burning the party to the ground?

637974786_Image22-05-2024at21_54.thumb.jpeg.b31ccd18e0ad1bd91ae5bccec414f07e.jpeg

Just when you think you've seen it all... :lol:

I thought Parliament was dissolving this Friday though..?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TQR said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952z669pdi561l0d8tble

Yeah piss off an already angry electorate even further can't see how that could possibly backfire.....

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

I was on the way home when he made the announcement so was listening on 5 Live and they asked why couldn't he have an umbrella. Nick Eardley said as PM, he'd want the door of Number 10 in the background of the footage. The problem with an umbrella is, as a short man, Sunak would probably block out the door.

Alan Rusbridger on Twitter said it best: if only they had a £2m press briefing room to host announcements like this in. :lol:

Or maybe it was because of this:

4E1A3D1800000578-0-image-a-23_1531260235703.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now that the contest to guess the date of the election is over, can I ask that this thread is retitled "Election '24" so we can continue with both discussion of the coming campaign and also have the spread bet as to what the election result will be? Ta...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Now that the contest to guess the date of the election is over, can I ask that this thread is retitled "Election '24" so we can continue with both discussion of the coming campaign and also have the spread bet as to what the election result will be? Ta...

I'd suggest using this:

Wow, I didn't realise that there already was a thread for this!

6 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Unless a new thread is started about this election and this thread is kept around for "Election 2029"... 

1 minute ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Wow, I didn't realise that there already was a thread for this!

There's a thread for everything except cat pictures and Vietnam. :lol:

Just now, YoungWillz said:

There's a thread for everything except cat pictures and Vietnam. :lol:

I've had a look at the thread and I see I have already contributed to it! My mind is a sieve..

• Haha 1