maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2024

To further expand on how bad my team this year is, drummer Lasse Plum Bertelsen seems to have died on Dec 30th according to the band's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectMolly

Not known until after I submitted, according to the date on the post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

To further expand on how bad my team this year is, drummer Lasse Plum Bertelsen seems to have died on Dec 30th according to the band's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectMolly

Not known until after I submitted, according to the date on the post.

Joe Doering in play - you're down to one sub (Roberta Flack) from the four fielded. Had we started a week earlier you might already have won! 

• Like 1

Updated on the assumtion Franz Beckenbaur died today - not that his death (only two teams/no jokers) has greatly shaken anything up. I'll tweak the points if it turns out he's been dead longer

13 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Updated on the assumtion Franz Beckenbaur died today - not that his death (only two teams/no jokers) has greatly shaken anything up. I'll tweak the points if it turns out he's been dead longer

Died yesterday according to reports and family statement.

Erwin Schild is dead as mentioned elsewhere, is this obituary qualifying? Died on the 6th of January.

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Erwin Schild is dead as mentioned elsewhere, is this obituary qualifying? Died on the 6th of January.

Cheers for your selfless efforts to keep me informed Arghton

I can now inform you that you're in the chasing pack - everyone with more than one hit now looks like this: 

LizLemon - 1131

An Fear Beag - 729

Banana - 726

CalebH - 726

Captain Chorizo - 725

The Immortal - 725

Sideik - 724

Imelda - 723

Arghton - 722

The Immortal - 722

• Like 2

12 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Cheers for your selfless efforts to keep me informed Arghton

I can now inform you that you're in the chasing pack - everyone with more than one hit now looks like this: 

LizLemon - 1131

An Fear Beag - 729

Banana - 726

CalebH - 726

Captain Chorizo - 725

The Immortal - 725

Sideik - 724

Imelda - 723

Arghton - 722

The Immortal - 722

Unfortunately there's only one "The Immortal" participating, since trying to get Jimmy Carter to participate was impossible even with my best attempts.

I'm pretty sure I'm on 725 with CaptainChorizo for the Derek Draper points.

3 minutes ago, The Immortal said:

Unfortunately there's only one "The Immortal" participating, since trying to get Jimmy Carter to participate was impossible even with my best attempts.

I'm pretty sure I'm on 725 with CaptainChorizo for the Derek Draper points.

My bad, sorted now.

Popular pick Rashid Khan extremely critical and on life support. Looks like point bonanza coming soon for everyone.

2 hours ago, drol said:

Popular pick Rashid Khan extremely critical and on life support. Looks like point bonanza coming soon for everyone.

And dead, Ustad Rashid Khan on the masterlist:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/music-maestro-rashid-khan-very-critical-101704797238586.html

• Like 1

@maryportfuncity... according to your masterlist, @CalebH is cl:

On 05/11/2023 at 09:12, maryportfuncity said:

CalebH - cl

Her/his hits are Derek Draper (her/his joker) and Glynis Johns:

On 05/11/2023 at 09:14, maryportfuncity said:

Derek Draperaf, ar, ba*, bk, cc, cl*, db, di, dr, dx, gr, hl, im, jk, ll, mn, mp, ms, rg, sk, sn, st, tc, th, ti, to, tt, tu, wm

Glynis Johns – bg, cl, ll, ti

On 05/11/2023 at 09:13, maryportfuncity said:

CalebH - 726

Then... 726 + 362 = 1088

@maryportfuncity, I'm so sorry if I'm wrong here... and I'm saying something incredibly inaccurate.

• Like 2

MariNisia is the maths queen of KoS and she is here too!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Okay gang, I'd clearly missed Caleb's joker and underdone the points - been a bit manic on the work front this week. Should have the new leaderboard done by late tonight including a rash of persons into four figures, can't see this going too much longer so the real tension is whether we'll have a winner whilst Jimmy Carter still has a heartbeat.

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Alright, notable surgeon and researcher Bruce Wilkoff has died on the 7th:

https://obits.cleveland.com/us/obituaries/cleveland/name/bruce-wilkoff-obituary?id=54045735

I assume the legacy obit doesn't count. But I'll be on the watch now.

You're assuming right - neither does this as far as I can see, I'm assuming - given the standard of the journalism - the editor is an AI bot. But, he'll likely qualify soon enough: https://www.llanelliherald.com/15208/bruce-wilkoff-obituary-and-death-cause-what-happened-to-bruce-wilkoff/

So, we Khan do it (heh heh) 

I mean, we can proceed from here on in by only updating a leaderboard for competitors with four figure scores - livening up, I'm planning a weekend break in ten days - thinking we could have a winner by then. For die-hard form watchers the top six include half of the half dozen with cashed in jokers (Banana and Caleb cashed in on Derek Draper and Wannamaker just hit paydirt with Khan today). LizLemon still leads the pack with Jimmy Carter as joker (along with loads of the rest of us) An Fear Beag is awaiting the double point demise of Wayne Eddy and Sideik slam dunks double points assuming 112-year-old environmentalist Saalumarada Thimmakka turns herself to something recyclable. Somewhat less exciting  than the recent darts, I'll admit, but tension is mildly mounting.  

LizLemon - 1091

CalebH - 1088

An Fear Beag - 1087

Banana - 1084

Sideik - 1082

Wannamaker - 1079

I think you may have overcounted LizLemons's points.

366 + 363 + 362 = 1091

(Sorry Liz - I'm in this to win :D

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, An Fear Beag said:

I think you may have overcounted LizLemons's points.

366 + 363 + 362 = 1091

(Sorry Liz - I'm in this to win :D

FFS - that tells you everything about shoehorning this management into the current working weeks. On it!

Get your dedication - but anything involving the placing of a pillow on Wayne Eddy's face is instant disqualification, you get that, right?

14 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

FFS - that tells you everything about shoehorning this management into the current working weeks. On it!

Get your dedication - but anything involving the placing of a pillow on Wayne Eddy's face is instant disqualification, you get that, right?

C'mon - what do you take me for?

I'd be much more subtle than that!  :ninja:

22 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Bruce Wilkoff QO:

https://www.dicardiology.com/content/memoriam-bruce-wilkoff-md-fhrs

But oh, if only I had picked my own suggestions Roy Battersby and Franz Beckenbauer. My deathrace decisions are always off by one.

20/20 hindsight, eh?

Either way, you're in the four figure scores. I'm not premature enough to award Battersby points without a q/o though there's enough discussion hereabouts that's already buried the man. If and when only Wannamaker in the top seven has him. 

LizLemon - 1091

CalebH - 1088

An Fear Beag - 1087

Banana - 1084

Sideik - 1082

gcreptile - 1081

Wannamaker - 1079

6 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024/01/11/actor-yury-solomin-famous-for-his-role-in-dersu-uzala-dies-at-age-88-a83696

Yury Solomin is a hit for me and 2 others in this pool,though it appears I have accidental points for Glynis Johns so I move down on the scoreboard.

On it this afternoon, by which time we may be adding Battersby points - I'll do a full recount because I've been doing this in five minute gaps between other stuff this week. So I'll double check everyone with more than one hit, thanks for outing yourself!

Good call, I'm minded to award Battersby points despite the Wikipedia still noting a citation is needed. 10 Jan death, q/o pretty much bound to follow. 

So, previous mistakes rectified, finally had time to double check a few things. Deaths up to date until someone posts evidence of more counting carkers and Battersby's end is the start of Wannamakers surge to top spot. All (or summat to the value of around £10) to play for. Livening up, mind: 

Wannamaker - 1436

LizLemon - 1091

CalebH - 1088

An Fear Beag - 1087

Banana - 1084

Sideik - 1082

gcreptile - 1081

Arghton - 1078

msc - 1078

Drol - 1077

• Like 2

So, Wiki's having some fun in the last ten minutes it's gone from noting Battersby's death needs a citation to saying Roy Battersby "is" - maybe I'll cite Deathlist and say Roy Battersby "is a dead pooling enigma." Situation is being monitored but - provisionally - the points are staying where they are. 

• Like 1