maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2024

15 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Kym Marsh has announced her dad Dave has died. Was an attempted but rejected  DDP selection in the past. 

Points for me?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sideik said:

Points for me?

Well done, I, and everyone else completely forgot about him, even though he was obviously the clock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sideik said:

Points for me?

Aye, lead atm. In other news Wannamaker's sitting in clear second on the back of 357 points accrued on the basis Roy Battersby is dead, and - specifically - dead on Wednesday. Interestingly, all the recent coverage concerns Kate Beckinsale hurrying to his bedside, nowt since indicating he's made any sort of recovery so I'm minded to assume he's a scoring pick hereabouts. To be clear, Sideik's unique pick as joker is - as mentioned - a 112-year-old Indian environmentalist. Her demise followed by an English language obit in an Indian paper or broadcast source could be enough to seal victory now. And, if Battersby turns up breathing it makes no difference to Sideik's score. 

Sideik - 1438

Wannamaker - 1436

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

'bout time we had another biggie to supercharge the scoreboard. 

But looks like today's haul is a q/o for one of yesterday's events that allows Death Impends to sneak a couple of places up the listing on the back of Joan Randolph's demise a few months short of her century.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/joyce-randolph-dead-honeymooners-trixie-1235787487/

Only submitted three weeks ago but I already forgot picking her so I appreciate your being on the ball!

22 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Only submitted three weeks ago but I already forgot picking her so I appreciate your being on the ball!

No worries, did some on the ball checking today and found nowt by way of fresh cadavers - unless anyone knows owt different!

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

No worries, did some on the ball checking today and found nowt by way of fresh cadavers - unless anyone knows owt different!

I mean Brian Barczyk is dead…

So, that's livened things up a little - the defending champion stages a surge

Sideik - 1438

Banana - 1436

Wannamaker - 1436

LizLemon - 1091

CalebH - 1088

An Fear Beag - 1087

gcreptile - 1081

Arghton - 1078

msc - 1078

Drol - 1077

Had my usual trawl of other threads and news feeds at the end of a busy day, can't see a scoring pick hereabouts though - fuck knows - it's a packed masterlist and you might know different. 

I'm particularly keeping tabs on THIS pick, since she's the one faller who could prompt victory as things stand: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saalumarada_Thimmakka

In other news I'm shocked to discover Roy Battersby is dead, and on 10 Jan, who'd a thunk it, eh? https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/jan/16/roy-battersby-obituary

Oh aye, and there's a slight shuffle at the top because Brian Barczyk's death is confirmed as 14 Jan, so one more point for both Banana and BabyBlue

Sideik - 1438

Banana - 1437

Wannamaker - 1436

• Like 1

Reet, about to chill for the weekend and largely ignore owt online for a couple of days. Assuming someone livens up the weekend by checking out and gifting any of yers a tonnage of points feel free to post the details here and whilst I'm partaking of Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone on Sunday night I'll return to updating the scores and the like! 

• Like 1

Looks like an easy catch up on the scores after a weekend away - let me know if I'm missing owt by way of scoring deaths: 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Frankly this is a dire substitute for entertainment, over a week since a scoring death unless someone hereabouts is about to show me action from their local paper posting the death of a beloved school crossing guard who's also on the masterlist. I'm seeing similar lacklustre times on the other dead pools and even the DDP is shuffling along. In the meantime, here's a update from our sponsors, or summat.

Lego-Fake-Playset.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I love the corpse giving a cheery wave.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

I love the corpse giving a cheery wave.

A nice touch, you're wasting your time trying to find one on Amazon, sadly.

• Haha 1

So, anyway, we'll keep up the entertainment until somebody actually dies and gifts us some Deathrace points: 

12507111_10153204150770981_8853788154142

• Haha 6

FFS this is a war of attrition  now

Will there be more scoring Deathrace deaths before I run out of dodgy bad taste mock ups of well known toys used in inappropriate ways? 

90323960_2682066102015529_27010696707728

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Evening Chronicle write up for former Cllr Jason Smith.

That's saved me posting a shite meme to keep people entertained, a few q/os out there to hit our woefully low standards, nobody confirming a date of death - provisionally I'll give points for yesterday because that's my best guess. Earliest social media I can find first thing this morning and he was a public figure, his council commemorated him tonight.

I've also tweaked some earlier mistakes on the points, but we've got a few within sight of completion now - Sideik continues to storm it, just, with their joker still alive

Sideik - 1779

Banana - 1778

Wannamaker - 1776

An Fear Beag - 1429

msc - 1419

Drol - 1418

So, this'll do for the Deathrace- along with the Chronicle, obviously

https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/citylife-news/tributes-paid-former-newcastle-councillor#:~:text=Tributes were paid today to,away after bravely fighting illness.&text=Jason Smith%2C who represented Lemington,a wife and four children.

I'll out myself as one of the 22 entrants hanging on for something a bit more substantial for DDP purposes.

Khairil Idzhar is back in a coma so this could potentially be over soon

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, MariNisia said:

Sorted, The Immortal surges from 13th to 11th place!

• Like 1

My bad on the DDP thread - slight adjustment for Jason Smith's actual date of death makes no difference to the running order and Stuart Gray points (provisionally 339 on today's date) don't boost anyone into the sharp end of competition, Sideik still in prime position to squeeze over if sharing a pick with anyone in the chasing pack. Three players one hit away. But - watching Maidstone United earlier - who knows when some unfancied sort suddenly turns it on and storms to victory?

Sideik - 1778

Banana - 1777

Wannamaker - 1775

An Fear Beag - 1428

msc - 1418

Drol - 1417

So, anyway, that thing I said about the Deathrace being more exciting than the FA Cup

You knew I was kidding, right? Feel free to post any deaths of Deathrace picks, had a random trawl just now and spotted nowt since Stuart Gray

_132483188_gettyimages-1957739813.jpg

• Like 2