TylerTheCreator

Was this an actual thing circa 2010

Drunken/k-holed convo at the kick ons and half of us remember this and the other half looked at us blankly. 

Around 2010 I remember we all wore our skinny jeans stupidly low to show off our Calvin Klein pants. I remember walking up steps, especially the steep bus ones, was a huge struggle, and we had to do a kind of legs wide out walk, but we all do it anyway because it was considered the height of coolness (pun intended).

Haven't seen this for years but it was definitely a thing around 10-15 years ago beyond just at my university. Or were we just dumber than most and it really is somehow a Mandela effect?

Frankly, I stuck out like a sore thumb because I didn't bowl about with my jeans 3/4 of the way down my arse. That's Essex for you. 

Yeah. I don't really remember anyone my age who didn't do it. For a few years it seemed like British dudes just decided hey, let's wear our jeans under our arse. Was it like a type of mass hysteria like the old dancing plagues or the meowing nuns? I guess I just did it because everyone else was doing it. So yes, in a way.

• Confused 1

Based on Youtubers I watched around that time it sounds like something they were wearing, especially Dan and Phil. Was it an emo look?

Dan and Phil 2010.

This sort of thing?

edsheeran2cover.jpg.28073c3075c490ed6d328b3cf5aa0101.jpg

wiley1cover.png.08af4207c8580a2c91acde5f094cbd35.png

frankiecocozza4cover.png.f895d9b181e41d9a8b44cd72f5faeb96.png

I had to go onto a fetish blog to find these pictures. I hope you're proud of yourself. The Frankie Cocozza picture is something to behold.

That was definitely a thing in middle school (circa 2013/2014 for me) and frankly the less I remember it the better 

It was definitely a thing. The rest of the population averted their eyes in bemusement.

I swear people still do this...

I associate this look a lot with the kind of "indie rappers with a vague EDM sensibility" movement of like 2008. Often paired with a kaffiyeh and pharmacy-store sunglasses Here's a good example on the right from Cool Kids:

Cara_1_650.jpg

• Like 1

As John Bishop once said, they’re showing remarkable faith in their mother’s laundry abilities.

I see this at least once a week. It started around 10 or 15 years ago.

This reminds me of the 90s with Marky Mark and his funky bunch.

I thought such stupidity was purely American.