Amanda

I Love Josco's Little Man

One of the guys on the Corrado forum said he had replaced the on-board computer twice at great expense before discovering th problem with the relay which cost about a tenner to fix. If the mechanic wants a lot of money to fix it, you should probably get a second opinion, especially if he is not your usual one. I wonder if the RAC helps with that kind of thing? Be particularly suspicious if he offers to trade your car in for another.

One does try to retain some kind of an air of mystery about one's whereabouts and doings, but I wouldn't be saying anything I hadn't mentioned on the forum before if I say I am a musician living in Germany. I live here because I came here to study and then stayed.

I visited a concentration camp because it is something everyone should do when they are in Germany. It helps in understanding what the Nazis were up to back then.

As I understand it, a lay preacher is someone who is not a member of the clergy (i.e. a layman), but who performs certain liturgical duties in church. Don't know if he gets paid for it.

Please write something nice about Mr. Josco, as he appears to be sulking.

Hmmm, well I assume he gets paid for it because he's never short of a few quid - he doesn't seem to leave the house very often, yet pays a mortgage, has new cars, family are clothed well etc... v.puzzling.

Thank you for Corrado advice - I will not give up on him!! Despite the 162000 miles on the clock I think he's worth it!! The RAC man thought it was a fuel pump prob and said it was a cheap garage job rather than VW, but maybe now it the time for VW.... will let you know, but thank you for checking all this out for me!

Musician - so what do you do? Play music, write music? Can you play the guitar? I tried to learn but it made my fingers bleed. Germany must be pretty good if you stayed after studying. It's not really somewhere that I've ever considered visiting. Do you have family over there or are they all in Aberdeen? I suppose actually living in Germany that there are a few lovely Corrados about?

What's up with The Lovely Wonderful Kind Clever Mr Josco and his Little Man? I miss his complicated words and checking my dictionary for the meanings!!!!

(Do you think that'll do the trick?!)

What's up with The Lovely Wonderful Kind Clever Mr Josco and his Little Man? I miss his complicated words and checking my dictionary for the meanings!!!!

(Do you think that'll do the trick?!)

Might do!

Actually I have been away for a few days, but nowhere as educational nor interesting as Buchenwald.

Hmmm, well I assume he gets paid for it because he's never short of a few quid - he doesn't seem to leave the house very often, yet pays a mortgage, has new cars, family are clothed well etc... v.puzzling.

Thank you for Corrado advice - I will not give up on him!! Despite the 162000 miles on the clock I think he's worth it!! The RAC man thought it was a fuel pump prob and said it was a cheap garage job rather than VW, but maybe now it the time for VW.... will let you know, but thank you for checking all this out for me!

Musician - so what do you do? Play music, write music? Can you play the guitar? I tried to learn but it made my fingers bleed. Germany must be pretty good if you stayed after studying. It's not really somewhere that I've ever considered visiting. Do you have family over there or are they all in Aberdeen? I suppose actually living in Germany that there are a few lovely Corrados about?

(Do you think that'll do the trick?!

Dear me Miss Amanda, what a lot of questions!

I play music for a living, but can't play the guitar though I'd like to learn. I can play the Ukulele a bit but I prefer to keep that secret. Writing music is only for clever people and of course Andrew Lloyd Webber.

I have an aged granny in Aberdeen whom I shall be visiting this week. That's not the reason I'm going there, but she's the only family I have left there. All the others are spread all over the place.

I can't say I've seen that many Corrados around here, but then again I've never really looked very hard. Plenty of info on the internet in German though. I hope you get yours sorted out. My car is an Alfa 156 (Nuvola Blue) of which I am very proud although it doesn't have a name.

I'm very pleased to see Mr. Josco is back, I was afraid I might have offended him in some way. :(

Writing music is only for clever people and of course Andrew Lloyd Webber.

LOL!

BTW, whilst I, too, am a fan of Josco's little man, I also like Notapotato's quote.

And I wish my avatar wasn't so fat :(

And I wish my avatar wasn't so fat  :(

You mean like this?

av-456thin.jpg

I find that much less impressive. :o

Did you put my avatar on the Schiavo eating plan? :(

Thank you for Corrado advice - I will not give up on him!!  Despite the 162000 miles on the clock I think he's worth it!!  The RAC man thought it was a fuel pump prob and said it was a cheap garage job rather than VW, but maybe now it the time for VW.... will let you know, but thank you for checking all this out for me!

Musician - so what do you do?  Play music, write music?  Can you play the guitar?  I tried to learn but it made my fingers bleed.  Germany must be pretty good if you stayed after studying.  It's not really somewhere that I've ever considered visiting.  Do you have family over there or are they all in Aberdeen?  I suppose actually living in Germany that there are a few lovely Corrados about?

What's up with The Lovely Wonderful Kind Clever Mr Josco and his Little Man?  I miss his complicated words and checking my dictionary for the meanings!!!!

(Do you think that'll do the trick?!

Dear me Miss Amanda, what a lot of questions!

I play music for a living, but can't play the guitar though I'd like to learn. I can play the Ukulele a bit but I prefer to keep that secret. Writing music is only for clever people and of course Andrew Lloyd Webber.

I have an aged granny in Aberdeen whom I shall be visiting this week. That's not the reason I'm going there, but she's the only family I have left there. All the others are spread all over the place.

I can't say I've seen that many Corrados around here, but then again I've never really looked very hard. Plenty of info on the internet in German though. I hope you get yours sorted out. My car is an Alfa 156 (Nuvola Blue) of which I am very proud although it doesn't have a name.

I'm very pleased to see Mr. Josco is back, I was afraid I might have offended him in some way. :(

Wow, does playing music make a good living? Can we buy 'You' somewhere? Do you know what? This is shameful, so am going to whisper this - I don't even know what a ukulele looks like or what sound it makes. I'm sorry.

However, I think ALW is a bit of a tosser, though fab music writer etc!

Where do all your other family live then? UK or other?

Alfa 156, if it's the car I'm thinking of, is a beautiful car. Do you have many problems with it? Would an Alfa be the car for me next do you think or are they expensive to maintain etc? Depending on whether you car is male or female, you could call it either Alfie for a boy, or Alfreda for a girl?

I am glad Mr J is back too. I was getting a little worried also as nobody really replies to what I've written except him, and now of course you. And I like a bit of interaction when I get on here! Don't like having to post stuff on replies that I don't know about!!!

I'm really sorry about the ukelele thing ... I can honestly say that I just don't know. I don't think one has ever crossed my path, or perhaps it has but I didn't know what it was? Is it a wind instrument or strings or what?

Thanks!

And sorry for all the questions again!!!!

Toodle pip!

Guest IYG

Hey all, if anyone cares, I'm back in the states after being stopped in nearly every airport/checkpoint possible.

I hate this damn system and my crappy twice extended 10 year old passport with 2 pics of me and 2 visas to the US.

Hey all, if anyone cares, I'm back in the states after being stopped in nearly every airport/checkpoint possible.

I hate this damn system and my crappy twice extended 10 year old passport with 2 pics of me and 2 visas to the US.

I tend to agree. On my first visit to Israel the border control/security took exception to my Saudi Arabian and US visas and decided to inspect every nook and cranny. This was done by a very attractive young lady and so was doubly embarrassing. I had also been up installing a phone system for the entire evening previously and then dashed to the airport. I was therefore a little hygenically challenged and was not up to flirting/joking with the pretty police lady while she checked my rear cranny for explosives. There followed a fifteen minute interrogation as to why I was going to Israel to install a phone system instead of using a local engineer. I'm not sure what the correct answer should have been, but they were none too pleased when I started to get a little obstreperous; I think I may have told them to 'eff' off.

Hello! Welcome back!!! I've been worried what with that bit here about 'DL member gets rich' or whatever it was called....

NOTE TO MR JOSCO - is it just me, or is your little man a little more active today than he is usually??

(this is my Edited bit) - this is really weird!!! I bloody swear that Josco's little man was waving at me, so I just went back to check and he's dead still now.....? Am confused....

NOTE TO MR JOSCO - is it just me, or is your little man a little more active today than he is usually??

Spring is in the air Amanda.

So I believe, but am I going nuts?? Did he just wave at me? What's the matter with him now??

Guest One Man Jury

So I believe, but am I going nuts?? Did he just wave at me? What's the matter with him now??

Start getting worried when only one of his arms is moving - in a north and south direction!

Start getting worried when only one of his arms is moving - in a north and south direction!

:(

I'm really sorry about the ukelele thing ... I can honestly say that I just don't know. I don't think one has ever crossed my path, or perhaps it has but I didn't know what it was? Is it a wind instrument or strings or what?

ukegf3os9.jpg

Banjo ukelele.

I'm pretty sure that isn't Notapotato tartan.

havelka.jpg

And that's the other sort of ukelele.

Having spent many months perusing this wonderful website I have finally plucked up the courage to post :( as I had a very strange dream the other night, I was in an office full of people I didn't know and was talking to a cocky youth who was extolling the virtues (??) of Judas Priest, I asked him his name he replied 'Josco'. I think I may be spending too much time on here...

Note to Captain Oates: I am pretty sure the tartan is Royal Stewart :D

Having spent many months perusing this wonderful website I have finally plucked up the courage to post :( as I had a very strange dream the other night, I was in an office full of people I didn't know and was talking to a cocky youth who was extolling the virtues (??) of Judas Priest, I asked him his name he replied 'Josco'. I think I may be spending too much time on here...

I am not really a 'youth' any longer, and who is Judas Priest?

Its nice to mentioned in a dream, Mrs Josco usually refers to it as a nightmare.

PS Welcome

I am not really a 'youth' any longer, and who is Judas Priest?

Its nice to mentioned in a dream, Mrs Josco usually refers to it as a nightmare.

PS Welcome

Thank you for your welcome, I realised you are not a 'youth', but then who is?

Judas Priest are a really bad British 'Heavy Metal' band (see judaspriest.com) they have about two decent songs, they are playing at our local arena this weekend and are being supported by Lord Grendels favourite band The Scorpions (German rock band) but he refuses to be fleeced of nearly £35 to line JP's pockets!

Just to go slightly off topic (whatever the topic was supposed to be).

{To be intoned without a trace of irony}

Thank God for Easter and four days off!

That's one day more than God took, probably. :(

(Enjoy!)

Very nice for you, I'm sure.

I will be working Sunday and Monday, comme toujours [i don't know how to italicise]. Plus the offspring is now offschool so my time at the PC will be severely restricted (before she gets up basically). I may have to resort to the local library ... (thinks) Damn! That'll be full of kids as well!

Yes I'm working over the Bank Hol too. Friday we have affiliated dressage, Monday affiliated showjumping and volunteered my services to help new girl for the pony club fun day!!! on Sunday. Hurrah. But I do have Wednesday off. Grrrrrrrrrreat!

And no Easter eggs for me! Have gained 1/2 a stone and can't get into my size 8's anymore and don't own any size 10's so diet for me. When I take my trousers off at night, my stomach is almost branded with the waist band of my trousers and it takes a couple of hours for my stomach to recover. Not very attractive.

Yes I'm working over the Bank Hol too. Friday we have affiliated dressage, Monday affiliated showjumping and volunteered my services to help new girl for the pony club fun day!!! on Sunday. Hurrah. But I do have Wednesday off. Grrrrrrrrrreat!

And no Easter eggs for me! Have gained 1/2 a stone and can't get into my size 8's anymore and don't own any size 10's so diet for me. When I take my trousers off at night, my stomach is almost branded with the waist band of my trousers and it takes a couple of hours for my stomach to recover. Not very attractive.

How about buying more "accommodating" trousers and then get elasticated waistbands stitched in?

If you get them in a longer length, you can pull them up a la Simon Cowell.

That should remove the stomach branding.

Glad to be of assistance. :(

Hmm. I take it you work with horses.

Would you consider changing your member name to Catherine the Great?