Grim Reaper

Pope John Paul

Comforting to know that Ratzinger's a former member of the Hitler Youth. 

No doubt, like the Max Schmeling postings, our German revisionist friends will be in denial over this too!!!!  :sicktherm:

Wasn't that compulsory?

Do you mean being in the Hitler Youth or revisionisim?

They obviously don't want a long papacy this time then! :sicktherm:

Comforting to know that Ratzinger's a former member of the Hitler Youth. 

No doubt, like the Max Schmeling postings, our German revisionist friends will be in denial over this too!!!!  :sicktherm:

Wasn't that compulsory?

Do you mean being in the Hitler Youth or revisionisim?

I meant being in the Hitler Youth but now you mention it I think I might add revisionism. :)

Guest Death List Observer

The allegations of Ratzinger's Nazism are nonsense. He was required by law to join the Hitler Youth, and was indeed the son of a staunch opponent of Nazim. He deserted the Flak in 1944 at the risk of his own life. While it is factual that Pope Benedict XVI was in the Hitler Youth, several factors are ignored and information is distorted by anti-Catholic forces to support their baseless allegations of Vatican-supported fascism.

The allegations of Ratzinger's Nazism are nonsense. He was required by law to join the Hitler Youth, and was indeed the son of a staunch opponent of Nazim. He deserted the Flak in 1944 at the risk of his own life. While it is factual that Pope Benedict XVI was in the Hitler Youth, several factors are ignored and information is distorted by anti-Catholic forces to support their baseless allegations of Vatican-supported fascism.

Thank you President Waldheim.

Guest One Man Jury

Another opponent of the regime who was in the HJ and the armed forces who cried off when the tables were turned.

No wonder Germany lost the war. This character would have taken the oath of loyalty to Hitler and claims he broke this. Blahhh!

Anyway, he looks more like a barber than a Pope - Herr Cut?

Couple of petty-minded thoughts: the "staunch opponent of Nazism"-dad was.. er, the village policeman, so that sounds pretty likely, and...

It said in the Telegraph this morning that he "deserted from the German army in May 1945"...

I suppose it would have been more embarrassing if he'd left it until June...

Never mind, I'm sure he will be a jolly decent Pope.

Guest Spacecowboy_J

Geeze, there are so many *good* reasons to hate this guy without going on and on that he was stuck into a evil youth organisation against his will when he was 14. If you want to be bashing this guy, you don't have to do that, you just have to read his works. You'll find plenty of good reasons to not like him in there .. that aren't BS.

He deserted the Flak in 1944...

So...we can add deserter to the list as well, huh?

I suppose when he's confronted over his refusal to change catholic doctrine, he can always say it is the will of God and Ratzinger can always claim "I voz only following orderz".

Perhaps he'll allow limited abortions (ONLY to those parents who HAVEN'Tgot blue eyes and blond hair)?

Guest One Man Jury
When this one goes we'll achieve the double whammy of a German and a Catholic. I can't wait! :)

It would be good if you didn't wait. Just simply predecease him.

:)

I know you've never been one for great subtlety or wit OMJ but that was pathetic.

Guest coke1984

I don't know if this has been stated before (didn't go through every singl post on this guy...), but right on the main webpage, in the details on lil' Pauly, underneath his picture it says:

Pope John Paul II: 1920 - 2005 (85). Ranked 1/50. Appeared 12 times since 1990.

However, it is true that he was born in 1920, but his birthday was on May 15th, so actually he died at 84 years, not 85... finally :)

However, it is true that he was born in 1920, but his birthday was on May 15th, so actually he died at 84 years, not 85... finally 

Thanks for pointing that out, but if you have a look at the age bit on the first page, it states "age this year" so although you were correct, so were we. :)

If you check out Max Schmelling's age, you will find he would have made it to 100 this year, but he popped off at 99. :P

If you check out Max Schmelling's age, you will find he would have made it to 100 this year, but he popped off at 99. :)

Schpelling, Schmelling :P

If you check out Max Schmelling's age, you will find he would have made it to 100 this year, but he popped off at 99. :P

Schpelling, Schmelling :P

:):)

Guest Liebeskind

what about Ratzi?

Will he be added to the list? Don't forget JP I died after 33 days? Maybe Ratzi can set a new record? Heart condition...

Guest IYG

Reply #666

Pope meets the Devil. ;)

Guest Liebeskind

nah, he's Papa Ratzi... or maybe a German shepherd?

The Italians call him "Papa Ratzi"

Surprisingly, the BBC came out with the best one though: "The German Shepherd"

So it would seem. :D

The Italians call him "Papa Ratzi"

Surprisingly, the BBC came out with the best one though: "The German Shepherd"

So it would seem. :D

I think maybe we should call him the German Shepherd. But don't quote me.

Well, there's a suprise. PapaRatzi moving quickly to satisfy the crowds by starting the process to make JPII a saint. This could turn into a race between JPII and Mother Teresa...

Pope JPII on the move