Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13682441/marion-ramsey-dead-73-police-academy-star/

Thank you! Just found  another  obituary too.

It doesn't matter at all but can you recall  if my pick of Marion Ramsey was unique? I'm not asking you to go to the trouble of looking it up or anything but just wondering if you can recall if it was a unique pick? If you can't remember  I will just have to wait like everyone else  no problem. :)

I don't know yet. I know she was a new pick in 2021 though.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm more curious to know... why did you pick her? Just a hunch or did you know something? I ask because the reporting on her death just says cause unknown though "ill for a few days".

I had a longlist and when going into the process of whittling it down to a shortlist  something drew me to her name and I didn't feel I could  strike  her off. So a sort of niggle or intuition that she was a good pick  combined with my expectation that she would likely be a unique pick , my search of her work history showing she hadn't worked in a while or been reported on in the media or press , my love of the  Police Academy films and finally  the fact that covid is rampant  in California and she is in two at risk groups being older and from an ethnic  minority. 

So  the choice was driven by a range of factors that were underpinned by a vibe or intuition. Something  made me feel it would be a poor move to cross her off my list.

I had a similar vibe a few years ago about Dale Winton  in one of the deadpools. Something made me feel striking him off my list would be a mistake and I just had a sense from his non appearance at  his close friend Cilla Blacks funeral,  to showbiz pals saying they hadn't heard of him for a while as well as some erratic behaviour  made me feel something was amiss and he was destined not to make it to pensionable age.

Hope I have sort of answered your question!:)

• Like 3

Gooseberry has form for hunches - he got a unique hit with Eastenders actress Sandy Ratcliff in 2019 too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

from an ethnic  minority. 

I thought that was for socio-political reasons, not biological? Regardless of race, she was a celebrity, which comes with a few advantages in terms of living standards...In any case, it worked out for you, so congrats on your 11 points.

11 minutes ago, Predictor said:
15 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

from an ethnic  minority. 

I thought that was for socio-political reasons, not biological? Regardless of race, she was a celebrity, which comes with a few advantages in terms of living standards...In any case, it worked out for you, so congrats on your 11 points.

If "ethnic minority" is a mealy-mouthed way of saying she was black, then it opens the possibility of Vitamin D deficiency,  which can worsen the effects of Covid-19.

The darker the skin, the less efficient it is at processing sunlight into Vitamin D, which is presumably why people who migrated further from the equator evolved lighter skin.

So yes, there is a biological factor, but it doesn't apply to all "ethnic minorities".  Like it or not, this really is about how dark your skin is.

We're all deficient in Vit D in the winter anyway if we depend on exposure to sunlight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Predictor said:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/whyhaveblackandsouthasianpeoplebeenhithardestbycovid19/2020-12-14

My understanding is that researchers  are still trying to unravel the nuances and complexities  of this but that they believe the increased vulnerability  goes beyond  economic and social factors.

Anyway thank you for your congratulations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gooseberry Crumble obviously has a connection to the powers behind the veil. He can communicate with the powers beyond our understanding.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Gooseberry Crumble obviously has a connection to the powers behind the veil. He can communicate with the powers beyond our understanding.

You are so right and one of the few who truly understands!:D;)

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 21:07, Gooseberry Crumble said:

It doesn't matter at all but can you recall  if my pick of Marion Ramsey was unique? I'm not asking you to go to the trouble of looking it up or anything but just wondering if you can recall if it was a unique pick?

Looks like she was, yes.

Into the second stage of DDP creation now, pretty much... Zoe Davison appears to be unique for Spade too. (And Ally McLaws for me but he ain't dead...yet)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, msc said:

Looks like she was, yes.

Into the second stage of DDP creation now, pretty much... Zoe Davison appears to be unique for Spade too. (And Ally McLaws for me but he ain't dead...yet)

Thanks very much 

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thanks very much 

I'll tell you something, as a teaser for the reveal. Looks like there might be one or two genuinely surprise Drop 40 debuts. As in, they've surprised me...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I'll tell you something, as a teaser for the reveal. Looks like there might be one or two genuinely surprise Drop 40 debuts. As in, they've surprised me...

Oh, did Frank Ifield make the drop 40 this time? :D 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I'm  now intrigued and the cogs in my brain are now working overtime...

Surely not Vera Miles or Julie Goodyear.....?!

11 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm  now intrigued and the cogs in my brain are now working overtime...

Surely not Vera Miles or Julie Goodyear.....?!

No, I don't think they even made it on 10 teams *combined*!

There are some names that most of us assumed were Drop 40 locks who haven't made it. Some huge upswing in popularities too. And I have made at least one terrible error of judgment in making my own team!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

m-c-ren_3249954.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

m-c-ren_3249954.jpg

Damn, there goes *that* surprise...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Eugenia Cooney?

On 19/11/2020 at 11:34, gcreptile said:

Stacy Title  “can no longer walk, talk, swallow, or breathe without a machine,”;

https://heavy.com/entertainment/survivor/jonathan-penner-wife-stacy-als-gala/

Seems like Stacy Title has died: 

Unpicked in the ddp by the looks of it

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Seems like Stacy Title has died: 

Unpicked in the ddp by the looks of it

Here’s a QO for other pools

Actor Bruce Willis was kicked out of a pharmacy for refusing to wear a mask. Very disappointed to read somethinig like that, cause I appreciate his work.

If he should notoriously continue to refuse, it is only a matter of time until he becomes infected. At 65 years he belongs to the risk group. Lets see.....

https://screenrant.com/die-hard-bruce-willis-mask-jokes/

• Like 1