comedychris

Comedy & Death - Great Combination

Villagers were shocked by the death. Dave Callaghan, 43-year-old landlord of the Queens Head, where Rod was a regular, said: "He would come on pub trips to France with us and even took Emu on one occasion.

I'll bet those endless motorway miles in the mini bus just flew by, eh?

Is there any truth in the rumour that when Rod died he was preparing for Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes? I heard he was going to be R.Kelly and he intended to sing "I Believe I Can Fly".

I'll send myself off for that one. ;)

I thought it was "Fiddler on the Roof". :lol:

I'll Tumble 4 Ya

I heard that Emu is about sixty years old or more but he says he won,t be bothering to take SPAM as his Rod is permanently stiff !! ;)

That one-off Rod medley in full, then:

If the Kids are United

Communication Breakdown

Fade to Grey

Up on the Roof

Fiddler on the Roof

(possibly) Something's Gotta Hold of My Heart

Slip Slidin' Away

I'll Tumble 4 Ya

I Believe I Can Fly

I'm Like a Bird

Freefallin'

I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass

Hit the Road, Jack

Up on the Roof

Fiddler on the Roof

Slip Slidin' Away

I'll Tumble 4 Ya

I Believe I Can Fly

Freefallin'

Hit the Road, Jack

A great selection of emusic ;)

Up on the Roof - The devil?

Fiddler on the Roof - Pan?

(possibly) Something's Gotta Hold of My Heart - Bad idea

Slip Slidin' Away - I never really watched Hockey

I'll Tumble 4 Ya - Original

I Believe I Can Fly - Another bad idea

Freefallin' - You don't listen

I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass - I agree

Hit the Road, Jack - Sure thing

Wasn't there a song called footloose? Or am I dreaming it.

If not how's about Hazard by Richard Marx or Heart of Glass by Blondie or maybe more appropriately satelitte blues by ACDC or A View To A Kill, Duran Duran.

I was sharing my DL passion with some people at work, a sharing that involved bringing up some of the spectacular and fatal footage of motor racing accidents I've been posting a little too much of lately. One accident - linked on the F1 thread if you want to check it out - shows JD McDuffie's car flip over and crash down on another vehicle that's veered off the track, the collision killed McDuffie.

Thomas - a gay colleague who delights in describing his bedroom action knowing full well it revs up some of the more easily riled amongst our crowd - quipped; 'That's how I'd like to die, pumping adrenaline and going down on another man!'

Up on the Roof

Fiddler on the Roof

Slip Slidin' Away

I'll Tumble 4 Ya

I Believe I Can Fly

Freefallin'

Hit the Road, Jack

Come fly with me

Not forgetting the bonus tracks on Disc 2:

A Hull new (dead) World

Slip, Slip, Slipping

Slipping Out.

I fank euw, I fank euw. ;)

The late great Curtis Mayfield sang 'If There's a Hull Below (We're All Gonna Go)' maybe a reference to the fact those of us joshing now, will one day find ourselves alone, in poor weather and desperately in need of a better picture on the TV.

Hull on the Pyre - Old bloke falling off of the roof

A desire- to watch Man United

Oh, Hull on the Pyre!

Long have I counted the acts I have seen

Corny pink windmills and witches all green

A bundle of rags held together with wire

They all belonged to Hull on the Pyre!

Back in the Eighties we all were impressed

By Rod Hull and Emu- a hand up a dress

Why did we watch this tv so dire?

Time to say bye to Hull on the Pyre!

Now theres a puppet whose left on the shelf

Nobody wants him he plays with himself

Remembering the day he climbed up on the spire

and kicked the ass of Hull to the Pyre!

Oh, Hull on the Pyre!

Guest Paul McCartney

Oh, Hull on the Pyre!

Long have I counted the acts I have seen

Corny pink windmills and witches all green

A bundle of rags held together with wire

They all belonged to Hull on the Pyre!

Back in the Eighties we all were impressed

By Rod Hull and Emu- a hand up a dress

Why did we watch this tv so dire?

Time to say bye to Hull on the Pyre!

Now theres a puppet whose left on the shelf

Nobody wants him he plays with himself

Remembering the day he climbed up on the spire

and kicked the ass of Hull to the Pyre!

Oh, Hull on the Pyre!

Not bad, not bad, but where's the bagpipe solo?

Not bad, not bad, but where's the bagpipe solo?

It's the internet Paul. By the way I hear your doing a lot of pills lately since Heather left you?

Heather Mills. Gold Digger. Gold Digger.

Everyone note to yourselves never marry a one legged model. She'll steal half of your money.

I'm surprised she married Paul McCartney. I thought she listened to hip hop instead.

Maybe someday Heather Mills will have a nervous breakdown.

Her shrink can give her any advice in the world, besides step 2.

Can anyone remember seeing Tommy Cooper drop dead on stage during a televised Royal Variety Performance back in the eighties? I can still remember him keeling over and someone trying to get the curtain down as quickly as possible. A lot of the audience were still laughing and clapping as though it was all part of the act (the best part in my opinion!)

There must be footage remaining somewhere of this as I cannot believe its all been destroyed. A long with the Kennedy assassination footage it must have been the most unexpected event ever to be caught on film. :crossbone:

[Topics merged - ff]

Fellow ghouls might be interested to know that footage of Tommy Cooper's death is now on the internet, apparently for the first time.

Just Like That

Hmmm, never have seen that before. There's a certain irony in that the death is so much like his act it appears nobody has a clue what's really happening.

Another one never seen online is the hideous footage of the brave but futile attempts of marshalls at Brands Hatch to rescue Jo Siffert from his burning car in 1971. There's some stuff on youtube of the race but the actual accident and rescue attempt - up to the distraught track marshall weeping - was caught by BBC cameras. A wouldbe racing driver I knew a few years ago said he'd seen it as part of a safety course in the mid-eighties, so presumably it was saved and copied.

Can anyone remember seeing Tommy Cooper drop dead on stage during a televised Royal Variety Performance back in the eighties? I can still remember him keeling over and someone trying to get the curtain down as quickly as possible. A lot of the audience were still laughing and clapping as though it was all part of the act (the best part in my opinion!)

There must be footage remaining somewhere of this as I cannot believe its all been destroyed. A long with the Kennedy assassination footage it must have been the most unexpected event ever to be caught on film. :)

[Topics merged - ff]

Fellow ghouls might be interested to know that footage of Tommy Cooper's death is now on the internet, apparently for the first time.

Just Like That

I finally get to see it after 25 years. Shocking really as he's clearly struggling before finally exiting stage left. Poor Tommy... :crossbone:

Just Like That

Much more shocking than I'm led to remember or when I read it in the books. Ironic about his act really that the girl just smiles & moves the microphone further away thinking "Oh he's just larking about". :crossbone:

But although it disturbed me, I'm glad I've seen it. Maybe being worse than people remember - that's why it's been hidden for 25 years...

Just Like That

Much more shocking than I'm led to remember or when I read it in the books. Ironic about his act really that the girl just smiles & moves the microphone further away thinking "Oh he's just larking about". :crossbone:

But although it disturbed me, I'm glad I've seen it. Maybe being worse than people remember - that's why it's been hidden for 25 years...

I think I'll give it a miss as the general consesus seems to be that it's more disturbing than they remember. I do remember watching it all those years ago as a kid but all I remember are the curtains being pulled.

Just Like That

Much more shocking than I'm led to remember or when I read it in the books. Ironic about his act really that the girl just smiles & moves the microphone further away thinking "Oh he's just larking about". :)

I think I'll give it a miss as the general consesus seems to be that it's more disturbing than they remember. I do remember watching it all those years ago as a kid but all I remember are the curtains being pulled.

Believe me it is... :crossbone:

All the laughter makes it look fake, unfortunately. I know it's not, but to me it really doesn't have as much of a disturbing effect because it the laughter blurs the line of reality and fiction enough that my mind doesn't quite process that he's dying on-stage.

EDIT: Took me a while to find it, but this fellow's death I find far more disturbing, to show you what I mean. Take that as a warning before you click on the link.

Budd Dwyer (link to Wiki rather than the video) a crooked Pennsylvanian politician's suicide is also on the liveleak.com website. I'd never heard of him until an American friend told me the old (American) chestnut;

Q. What's the difference between Budd Dwyer and Bud Lite?

A. Bud Lite has got a head on it.

Grim viewing indeed.