Dr Strangelove

Richard Whiteley

Guest That Unregistered Bloke
Des O'Connor has been confirmed as the next host of TV quiz Countdown.

Does that mean we'll have Freddie Starr as a permanent fixture in dictionary corner, constantly ogling Carol Vorderman and Suzie Dent? :D

Check out this cleverclogs on the Countdown numbers game. Stunning effort.

There is no possibility that he can be human.

Then the vicar had to go and

:P

Countdown in crisis. Des O'Connor gone and Carol Vorderman effectively fired after the was told to take a 90% pay cut. The man who owns the rights to the programme is threatening to pull the plug.

There are few things in life that I feel strongly about, but if Countdown disappears from our screens, I will not be a happy man. :lol::o

I believe one of our esteemed posters should have something to add to this, although preferably not in comic sans, please.

There are few things in life that I feel strongly about, but if Countdown disappears from our screens, I will not be a happy man. :lol::o

Countdown in crisis. Des O'Connor gone and Carol Vorderman effectively fired after the was told to take a 90% pay cut. The man who owns the rights to the programme is threatening to pull the plug.

There are few things in life that I feel strongly about, but if Countdown disappears from our screens, I will not be a happy man. :o:P

I have enjoyed watching countdown since I was a child. It was never the same after Richard had gone though. I was shocked to read yesterday that Carol had been forced out. I don't think the show can go on with new presenters. Who can realistically replace Carol?

To replace both the original presenters would be a mistake I feel. Countdown to me was in large Richard and Carol and the chemistry between them. Its like Queen, still calling themselves Queen but touring minus Freddie Mercury and John Deacon. It just doesnt work.

The powers that be should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have treated Carol. She has remained loyal to the show over the years and deserves better.

A fantastic show......Channel 4, or my afternoons won't be the same without it. :lol:

ROLCHALRANRIDACRUED

Answers on a postcard..........

There are few things in life that I feel strongly about, but if Countdown disappears from our screens, I will not be a happy man. :o:P

I have enjoyed watching countdown since I was a child. It was never the same after Richard had gone though. I was shocked to read yesterday that Carol had been forced out. I don't think the show can go on with new presenters. Who can realistically replace Carol?

To replace both the original presenters would be a mistake I feel. Countdown to me was in large Richard and Carol and the chemistry between them. Its like Queen, still calling themselves Queen but touring minus Freddie Mercury and John Deacon. It just doesnt work.

The powers that be should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have treated Carol. She has remained loyal to the show over the years and deserves better.

A fantastic show......Channel 4, or my afternoons won't be the same without it. :lol:

ROLCHALRANRIDACRUED

... with Brian May as Gyles Brandreth ...

I would be loyal too if someone paid me over £1m per year for 40 days "work" with the complete freedom to work on anything else, including adverts trying to persuade stupid people to sign up with loan sharks.

And if they reduced it by 90% I'd still be loyal.

ROLCHALRANRIDACRUED

Don't you need another D to put it in a past tense? Unless Richard's living with Fossett and Lucan...

I've been on Countdown.

As a contestant or in the audience?

ROLCHALRANRIDACRUED

... with Brian May as Gyles Brandreth ...

I would be loyal too if someone paid me over £1m per year for 40 days "work" with the complete freedom to work on anything else, including adverts trying to persuade stupid people to sign up with loan sharks.

And if they reduced it by 90% I'd still be loyal.

Gyles Brandreth as Brian May would be far more entertaining............

queeni.jpg

I've been on Countdown.

Contestant. Got beaten massively.

Got beaten massively.

.....by Carol Vorderman?

Without her ear-piece prompting, I don't reckon she'd be able to count "six of the best" in any case.

I've been on Countdown.

Contestant. Got beaten massively.

Did you get a consolation prize?

I believe one of our esteemed posters should have something to add to this, although preferably not in comic sans, please.
There are few things in life that I feel strongly about, but if Countdown disappears from our screens, I will not be a happy man. :birthday::angry:

As I have such respect and admiration for you Jacko, just this once I'll put away my childlike font and crayons. My 30 minutes actually came on Countdown's Channel 4 cousin, Fifteen-to-One, which also bit the dust a few years back. Though I never see it anymore thanks to the dubious delights of the working life, I hope Countdown will live on for fackin' students and coffin-dodgers everywhere.

(Nice sig-fiddle too; it shall remain a while).

Got beaten massively.

.....by Carol Vorderman?

Without her ear-piece prompting, I don't reckon she'd be able to count "six of the best" in any case.

She didn't have an ear piece when I was on it, but there was a fat bloke sat just out of shot doing the sums with her.

And yes, I got a consolation prize goodie bag, dictionary, tshirt, cup, board game etc etc. And in my first selection of letters, you could make 'wank'.

The powers that be should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have treated Carol.

I heard that her reply to their offer was "consonant, vowel, consonant, consonant, vowel, consonant, consonant".

And yes, I got a consolation prize goodie bag, dictionary, tshirt, cup, board game etc etc. And in my first selection of letters, you could make 'wank'.

Reminds me of

they had once. Three, if you count Brandreth.

The estimable Mr Stelling is about to become more than just a cult hero to us footy fans; he's taking over the Countdown reins. As long as they get Merse and Thommo platooning in Dictionary Corner I'll be happy.

I assume the Stelling legend will continue on a Saturday?

The man is Boss.

The estimable Mr Stelling is about to become more than just a cult hero to us footy fans; he's taking over the Countdown reins. As long as they get Merse and Thommo platooning in Dictionary Corner I'll be happy.

The man is Boss.

Not being a football fan I can't really say much about him, although I used to work in a pub with a bunch of Bristol City fans as regulars, and so would be subjected to Sky Sports for the whole afternoon, and he was quite amusing as I recall. However, nobody can match up to Whiteley - I think they should have buried Countdown with him. I was on it, you know. Just in case I've never mentioned it before.

The man is Boss.

Not being a football fan I can't really say much about him, although I used to work in a pub with a bunch of Bristol City fans as regulars, and so would be subjected to Sky Sports for the whole afternoon, and he was quite amusing as I recall. However, nobody can match up to Whiteley - I think they should have buried Countdown with him. I was on it, you know. Just in case I've never mentioned it before.

Stop f*****g name dropping Lardy. :P

You got thrashed. Get over it woman!

Comparing Stelling to Whiteley is like comparing Roast beef to Cat sick.

Stelling rules.

The man is Boss.

Stop f*****g name dropping Lardy. :P

You got thrashed. Get over it woman!

Comparing Stelling to Whiteley is like comparing Roast beef to Cat sick.

Stelling rules.

At reading out football scores, maybe. But at being an absolute twat, nobody beats Whiteley.