Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

When Carter announced his cancer diagnosis in 2015 I like many others rushed down to attend his Sunday school class not being sure how much more time there might be.  Now nearly a decade later he is nearing his 100th birthday.  Never count Jimmy out.

• Like 4

I remember the old gag, "what's the secret of living to 100? Get to 99 and then be very careful..." JImmy is more than 99.9% of the way there now, and I will be *very* disappointed if he is not careful in this last month

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 31/08/2024 at 04:47, uni said:

I remember the old gag, "what's the secret of living to 100? Get to 99 and then be very careful..." JImmy is more than 99.9% of the way there now, and I will be *very* disappointed if he is not careful in this last month

Carter's already a month older than Prince Phillip ever was. He would literally be doing a Prince Phillip 2.0 if he died today or tomorrow. Yet again, if the death of his wife hasn't finish him off already, I doubt he's the type of man to suffer fatal stress from that looming birthday of his.:old:

• Like 1

On 02/09/2024 at 01:51, friedbutty said:

Carter's already a month older than Prince Phillip ever was. He would literally be doing a Prince Phillip 2.0 if he died today or tomorrow. Yet again, if the death of his wife hasn't finish him off already, I doubt he's the type of man to suffer fatal stress from that looming birthday of his.:old:

I was just thinking about the fact that Rosalynn's funeral was about as long ago from today as this picture of Prince Philip was taken before his death. 

He looked so incredibly ill compared to Phil and yet, he's still going.

rs_600x600-200722053533-600-Prince-Phillip-LT-072220-GettyImages-1257570798.jpg

• Like 5

Let's Go Jimmy! you can do it, you're about to reach 100.

image-116.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobytomi said:

Let's Go Jimmy! you can do it, you're about to reach 100.

image-116.png

What table is that?

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What table is that?

It's the, "not every one who makes it to 99, necessarily makes it to 100" table.

PS: Russell M Nelson, you have been warned.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What table is that?

One that counts Betty White and Zsa Zsa as multiple women.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What table is that?

The table is from the user workshop from wikipedia of a friend mine from Discord. (Many more famous people should be added there who are not on the list)

Yep yep yep.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mymango said:

Reading the article who knows.  It seems the man can make great conversation and he is by no means bed bound when he can sit outside and spend time at Roselyn's grave and sit and watch t.v and have comprehension . Who knows it is not for certain by no means, but it might be possible he sees 2025. We shall see

• Like 1

I think he’ll reach 100. Which is unbelievable in itself : if you’d have said to me in february 2023 he will reach that age, I would have tought you were John Sulu. 
Wouldn’t rule out him making it to 2025 too…

• Like 1

Oh ffs so bored of this shit now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Just now, oldhollywood said:

The headline is actually “As Jimmy Carter nears 100, he is buoyed by Harris’s run for president”. Of course you find and lead with the negative.

Obviously. This is DeathList, not LifeList.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mymango said:

Obviously. This is DeathList, not LifeList.

It’s the exact same thing we’ve been hearing for years repackaged (and you let us know every single time). The fact that he seems more alert and engaged with the world is a little more relevant, but you never seem to post about that.

9 minutes ago, oldhollywood said:

It’s the exact same thing we’ve been hearing for years repackaged (and you let us know every single time). The fact that he seems more alert and engaged with the world is a little more relevant, but you never seem to post about that.

The idea that it's more relevant to DeathList is laughable. You're probably in the wrong forum.

36 minutes ago, Bobytomi said:

The Onion.. Apparently one of the most waste of space sites ever created on the internet apparently.. So stupid this so called story's creator did not even put their name on it. My guess a 12 year old, or someone needing massive help. I understand this site is suppose to be just a mockery of news.  But this was beyond stupid to me

• Confused 1
  • Angry 1
  • Facepalm 9

7 hours ago, livingbygrace said:

Reading the article who knows.  It seems the man can make great conversation and he is by no means bed bound when he can sit outside and spend time at Roselyn's grave and sit and watch t.v and have comprehension . Who knows it is not for certain by no means, but it might be possible he sees 2025. We shall see

He's eating mini cupcakes! Had you told me at his wife's funeral the man would be sitting nearly a year later having conversation and eating cupcakes, I'd have dragged you off to the asylum myself... Though it doesn't mean anything for his health.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Comped said:

He's eating mini cupcakes! Had you told me at his wife's funeral the man would be sitting nearly a year later having conversation and eating cupcakes, I'd have dragged you off to the asylum myself... Though it doesn't mean anything for his health.

He likely requires assistance with eating, and his communication tends to be monosyllabic.

2 hours ago, mymango said:

He likely requires assistance with eating, and his communication tends to be monosyllabic.

That's still significantly better than we had assumed or been told previously. It was previously noted that he was either almost nonverbal or completely nonverbal...

• Like 1