Mr Stats

World's Oldest

6 minutes ago, Trome said:

I was about to add him to my list of 2024 centenarians deadpool, I think the last deceased supercentenarian of 2023

For now, yes, if no new news comes, it will be

Senovio Saavedra Muela was born on October 30, 1912 in Majua, Canton of Esmeraldas, Province of Esmeraldas, Ecuador and died on 21 February 2023 in San Mateo, Esmeraldas, Province of Esmeraldas, Ecuador, he was the oldest person in Ecuador. That person is now José María Caiza born on 6 Feb 1914
Senovio Saavedra Muela - LongeviQuest

Senovio-Saavedra.png

• Like 2

Third and fourth oldest men in U.S., Johnnie Collier and Horace Baumer, both died at 110 last month. Leaves just one man born in 1913 (Otis Randall) in the whole country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Susana Gutiérrez Godoy was born in Tepechitlán, Zacatecas on May 24, 1910 and died on Jan 5, 2024, she was the oldest known person in Mexico as of Oct/2022, Throughout her life, she focused on selling food, particularly menudo (a traditional Mexican soup), and preparing dinners in his hometown

The oldest person in Mexico now is Maria Mendoza Sanchez born May 9, 1912

Pessoa mais velha conhecida do México morre aos 113 anos - LongeviQuest

Susana Gutiérrez Godoy on her 113th Birthday

• Like 3

On 05/01/2024 at 22:32, diego said:

Susana Gutiérrez Godoy was born in Tepechitlán, Zacatecas on May 24, 1910 and died on Jan 5, 2024, she was the oldest known person in Mexico as of Oct/2022, Throughout her life, she focused on selling food, particularly menudo (a traditional Mexican soup), and preparing dinners in his hometown

The oldest person in Mexico now is Maria Mendoza Sanchez born May 9, 1912

Pessoa mais velha conhecida do México morre aos 113 anos - LongeviQuest

Susana Gutiérrez Godoy on her 113th Birthday

It was discovered that Maria Mendoza Sanchez died on 25 November 2023, so Tranquilina Urrutia Roque born on 6 July 1912 in Oaxaca becomes the oldest person in Mexico, for now.
She lives in Valerio Trujano

María Mendoza Sánchez - LongeviQuest

profile-photo

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 18:19, arghton said:

Lorenzo Cayunao Millan (15 May 1910-) Possibly the oldest man in Chile. Moved here Aug 2023.

Lorenzo Cayunao Milan died in March 2023 according to 110 club chat. Fauja moving another spot up.

• Like 3

Continuing Arghton's List updated for 2024:

All men born before 1912:

Validated Men:
Juan Vicente Pérez Mora (27 May 1909)
Efrain Antonio Rios Garcia (04 April 1910)
Gisaburo Sonobe (06 November 1911) 112th birthday not confirmed. 

Unvalidated Men:
Samwel Mburia (before 31 October 1906) I think it's extremely unlikely that Mr. Mburia is the age claimed. Met King Charles on 01 November 2023. Wheelchair-bound. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the oldest men in Kenya, but I'd be very surprised if he's even 110.

Jose Flores Flores (11 July 1907) When he was 113, I believed his age a lot more, but considering the fact he's 116 and still mobile is very hard to believe. More skeptical by the day. Survived Covid twice, the second time at age 114. More frail this past year. 

Cristobal Melo (20 January 1908) No idea. Frail and wheelchair-bound, but still looks about 90-100 to me. 115th birthday in 2023 not confirmed. 

Julio Sevilla (20 May 1908) I thought this was a joke to be honest. This dude doesn't even look 70. Oddly, his supposed "son" looks older than him. 

Elias Chavez Alvarez (08 November 1908) ID card from 1994, and medical registration from 1961 support his age, but relatives say his age was mistakenly recorded and he was really born in 1928. His nursing home has the original copy of his birth certificate which they say supports 1908 as his birthyear, but his relatives won't allow them to release it. Very frail on his claimed 114th birthday in 2022, and I was surprised he made it to his 115th birthday in 2023. Skin has a "grayish" tint to it that makes me believe his heart isn't working properly. One of his eyes also appears to be covered by a cataract, but this has never been mentioned.

J.R.M. (04 February 1909) Has photos to "prove" his age, but photos are undated. He does not look like a supercentenarian to me. Frail & extremely doubtful. 

Gabriel Lopez Morales (18 March 1909) Studied by an organization back in 2021. He looks like the age claimed. Very frail. Last confirmed alive at the age of 112 in 2021. No death records/notices ever found. 

Anonymous (before 27 May 1909) I am not allowed to talk about this case publicly, but this man is 99.99% likely to actually be the age claimed. He is alive as of December 2023. All I can say is that he is older than Juan Vicente Pérez Mora. 

Victor Moran (31 July 1909) Has his own page on the gerontology wiki, and was researched by an organization. Very frail. Last confirmed alive on his 110th birthday in 2019. No death records/notices ever found. 

Santos Cruz Flores (01 November 1909) Celebrated his 114th birthday in 2023. Strong and healthy appearing for his 113th birthday in 2022, however it seemed that he has grown increasingly frail, and his eyesight has gotten much worse from his 113th birthday in 2022 to his 114th birthday in 2023. Could still stand without assistance for his 114th birthday. I am not allowed to say, but certain evidence was recently found strongly supporting his age. An investigation was launched to discover his true age in December 2023.

Julio Motta Salinas (05 December 1909) No idea. Looks in his 100s, but I doubt he's 114. Frail. 

Jeronimo Chavez (20 January 1910) Extremely frail and bedbound in 2022. Last confirmed alive nearly a year ago on his 113th birthday in January 2023, I'd be very surprised if he's still with us. Looks like a supercentenarian. 

Alvaro Jose de Souza (14 February 1910) He does not look like a supercentenarian to me, although researchers considered him a plausible case. Could still stand on his own at the time of his 112th birthday in 2022, but his mobility for his 113th birthday is unknown. He was sitting in a chair for his 113th birthday, with no wheelchair nearby, so this implies he was still able to at minimum make it from a wheelchair to a normal chair with probably a cane. Looks frail, but still healthy. I'd be shocked if he was over 100.

Juan Reyes (13 July 1910) Again, no way this guy is 113. Could still do hard physical farm work last month in December 2023. Looks about 75 to me. 

Selvino Jesus de Oliveira (July 1910) I doubt he's 113, looks way too young. Mobility issues mentioned by his relatives at the time of his claimed 113th birthday in July 2023, but the extent of these issues are unknown. Like Alvaro, he was shown sitting a chair without a wheelchair nearby. He surprisingly does not seem frail to me. 

Zhu Laohua (01 September 1910) No idea.

Pedro Antonio Rodrigues (12 December 1910) Another case I'm skeptical of. I doubt he's actually 113. A user said that they had proof he was actually born in 1925, and was using the birth records of an older brother, but this user has failed to provide "proof" of this. A little frail, but still seems strong. 

Francis Zouein (01 January 1911) Apparently, he has documentation confirming his age, but I have not seen any of this documentation. Looks more like about 94-100 to me. Frail, but mobile. 

Sebastian Catalan (20 January 1911) He does not look like a supercentenarian, but was frail years ago. Considered doubtful by organizations. To me, he looks about 10 years younger than the age claimed. 

Estanislao Jimenez Cruz (07 May 1911) Very frail and bedbound. Last confirmed alive in August 2021, aged 110. I'd be amazed if he was still alive and celebrating his 113th birthday in a few months. No death records/notices ever found. 

Josias de Oliveira (21 October 1911) Seems more frail than what he did a few years ago, but still looks healthy. Could walk with the aid of a cane for his 112th birthday in 2023. Has documentation, and is likely the age claimed. 

Dong Xiting (1911) No idea.

Debunked Men:
Vicente Landaeta (29 May 1907) Actually born in 1930.

Eugenio Zanotty (23 December 1909) Actually born in 1919. Extremely frail. Lost his leg to thrombosis last year, and has gone totally 100% blind. 

R.S.T. (16 November 1910) Actually born in 1996. 

Carlos Rincon (24 December 1910) Actually born in 1915. Seems to have gotten more frail from his 107th birthday in 2022 to his 108th birthday in 2023, but can still walk unaided and has no medical problems. I think he has a chance of actually becoming a real supercentenarian in 2025.

Fauja Singh (01 April 1911) Actually born in 1928. Frail, but still strong. 

Abilio Borges Moreira (09 September 1911) Not allowed to say anything about this case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, lay_kulast95 said:

R.S.T. (16 November 1910) Actually born in 1996. 

I really need to know more.

• Haha 17

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I really need to know more.

To be fair, I was born in 1996 but on a tired, cold, hungover morning could probably pass as a 114yo.

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, lay_kulast95 said:

Abilio Borges Moreira (09 September 1911) Not allowed to say anything about this case.

Why?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Why?

I was told under strict confidentiality to not say anything about his case. I don't know why, but I'm respecting what I was told

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lay_kulast95 said:

I was told under strict confidentiality to not say anything about his case. I don't know why, but I'm respecting what I was told

By whom?

On 20/11/2004 at 09:41, Paul Bearer said:

Have any of you noticed that there are very few people over 100 dying? :)

There's even fewer people over 120 dying :biggrin: lol

1 minute ago, lay_kulast95 said:

A member of the GRG

Is this cult taking applications so we can learn the secrets? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

What do you mean?

Did I understand correctly that Juan Vicente Perez Mora was actually born in 1994?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

I think you have to fail the Turing test in order to be admitted. 

• Facepalm 1

Juozas Merecka from Dovainonys, Lithuania, born on January 26, 1914 and died on January 7, 2024 and was the oldest person in Lithuania, the oldest man in the country now was born in March 1920, and his name has not been released ,the oldest person in Lithuania remains unknown yet

Mirė vyriausias Lietuvos gyventojas Juozas Mereckas: netrukus jam būtų suėję 110 metų | zmones.lt (15min.lt)

Juozas Mereckas

1 minute ago, diego said:

Juozas Merecka from Dovainonys, Lithuania, born on January 26, 1914 and died on January 7, 2024 and was the oldest person in Lithuania, the oldest man in the country now was born in March 1920, and his name has not been released ,the oldest person in Lithuania remains unknown yet

Mirė vyriausias Lietuvos gyventojas Juozas Mereckas: netrukus jam būtų suėję 110 metų | zmones.lt (15min.lt)

Juozas Mereckas

Damn, I was really hoping he'd reach 110. I doubt if I'll sleep tonight after learning this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Why?

Because he doesn't actually know any more himself, and has copied all of this from gerontology wiki (or invented it himself for some of them).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Master Obit said:

Because he doesn't actually know any more himself, and has copied all of this from gerontology wiki (or invented it himself for some of them).

I actually don't doubt him. He knew Seliman Bandang was critically ill before it was made public.

Let's give to Caesar where Caesar belongs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, drol said:

I actually don't doubt him. He knew Seliman Bandang was critically ill before it was made public.

Let's give to Caesar where Caesar belongs.

I was entertaining the possibility (he mentioned he gets stuff from Dejan occasionally, and he leaks like a sieve with anything supposedly confidential), but wanted to believe that nobody could spend 16 hours a day researching this (which he apparently does, as I asked him about his provenance).

It would fit that they were a user called Aquanaut chalk on another forum, as they are similarly obsessed with cases such as these. If they're willing to confirm that they are indeed that user, then I might trust that they are legitimately spending an inordinate amount of time on this.

• Facepalm 1

Ok, I'll issue a little challenge to show that I'm not lying. Name ONE person from my list of supercentenarians (except the Anonymous Man as I have an agreement with his family), and I will provide links, screenshots, pictures, or whatever you want to show that I'm not inventing anything. I'm confident that about 15% of these unvalidated cases are true (maybe more). But we'll have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lay_kulast95 said:

Ok, I'll issue a little challenge to show that I'm not lying. Name ONE person from my list of supercentenarians (except the Anonymous Man as I have an agreement with his family), and I will provide links, screenshots, pictures, or whatever you want to show that I'm not inventing anything. I'm confident that about 15% of these unvalidated cases are true (maybe more). But we'll have to wait and see. 

Abilio Borges Moreira will be spitting feathers.

• Facepalm 1